Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Confusing, Yeah?
Breezy 07:26 AM 08-31-2012
DCM of my 8 month old DCB always asks if DCB went potty today. I of course say yeah....... She says I mean the OTHER potty. (Poop)

Today she comes in and says he was up in the middle of the night because he went potty. I assume he wet through but she means pooped. Don't you think that's so confusing or is that normal to refer to it that way? I just think the child will get so confused when PT and she uses potty for both pee and poop.
Blackcat31 07:31 AM 08-31-2012
I would just say poop to her. If she says "Did he go potty today?" reply to her "what? do you mean, did he go pee or did he poop?"

I don't know people all seem to have funky words for urination and bowel moments so I would just act confused when she asks and keep inserting the words most normally used and maybe she will start using them too...

I don't know, I have heard some weird words from parents before so I just keep talking like I normally do....
Nickel 07:34 AM 08-31-2012
She may be uncomfortable with the word poop. It's kind of funny. Maybe you could ask her if she means peepee or had a BM. Some people are just really uncomfortable with certain words especially talking to someone else about them. It is confusing, but if you give her a word that isn't as awkward, she will eventually use it. Hopefully
Breezy 07:38 AM 08-31-2012
Haha ok just making sure I'm not the one that uses the not normal word. I always say, "ohhhh you mean poop!"
Country Kids 07:39 AM 08-31-2012
I know someone that says that also. I think some people were brought up that maybe saying poop wasn't proper.

Actually I have a friend that brought her kids up to say they have to go to the bathroom or restroom instead of the potty.

One time her child was asked if they had to go to the potty and they had no idea what the person meant.

No wonder kids have a hard time potty training!
itlw8 08:04 AM 08-31-2012
ok I do not like the word poop but I use it because parents do..

BM for bowel movement was what we used

what I hate is dgd mom used the word tutu for her private parts. well no one else does it is confusing to her a tutu you dance in.
Crazy8 08:10 AM 08-31-2012
I always use the word "poop" and sometimes wonder if my dcp's think its unprofessional of me. My daily sheet where I mark diapers says "wet or bm" but in conversation I will say pee or poop. I always confuse BM with breastmilk - on all my expecting/parenting boards thats what it stood for so sometimes reading a post I have to think what fits better - breastmilk or poop, LOL!!!!

Maybe if DCM doesn't like to use "poop" you can ask her "do you mean #1 or #2??" - maybe she'd find those easier/more comfortable to say.
daycare 08:31 AM 08-31-2012
my best friend does not allow for her kids to say peepee or poop...so they say #1 or #2. I don't know why she is like that. She is British and says its not proper...lol
Country Kids 08:41 AM 08-31-2012
You know I don't allow my kids to say pee. It just sounds so-I don't know but its like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I would so rather just say they had so many wet diapers and so many bm during the day. I would even say a muddy diaper over poopy.
Breezy 08:43 AM 08-31-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
You know I don't allow my kids to say pee. It just sounds so-I don't know but its like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I would so rather just say they had so many wet diapers and so many bm during the day. I would even say a muddy diaper over poopy.
My parents didn't allow me to say pee either Country!
daycare 08:43 AM 08-31-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:

muddy!!!!!!!!!!!! lol you are soooo funny
Country Kids 09:03 AM 08-31-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
muddy!!!!!!!!!!!! lol you are soooo funny
You know if I ever give up chilcare Stand Up Comic might be in my future!

I could be up there with the greats-Lucille, Carol Burnett, Rose Ann, and my all time favorite Phyillis Diller!
Reply Up