Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Would You Be Worried/Call Mom?
Breezy 09:48 AM 09-11-2012
DCB 9 months who has been sick with a cold isn't eating anything. I have tried to give him a bottle and solids and he just refuses them and arches his back and spits it all out. Mom never feeds him a morning bottle and just brings him over in the morning and I usually give him his bottle right away. (Yes, my contract says must be fed and ready when he gets here-but that never happens) It's now 10 to 10:00 and he hasn't had any bottle or any food today. I'm worried about dehydration but his diapers have been ok so far.

I know he may not have an appetite and his body may know best as far as eating goes but I am a little worried that he will get dehydrated. I told mom and she texted back "oh no!! Is he eating solids" to which I replied no and nothing back yet from her.

Any ideas?
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:11 AM 09-11-2012
poor thing! I hope that he is feeling better. If he refused his later feedings i would definately have mom come and get him.
Scout 10:23 AM 09-11-2012
He may not want to eat because he is stuffy. can u put baby vicks on his feet & chest? Maybe try some applesauce or popsicles to get him some liquids. Or maybe he will drink his milk out of a cup if u hold it? Sore throat may be the cause too. poor thing !
Breezy 10:34 AM 09-11-2012
I tried water, solids, rice, sippy cup which he has never used before and gagged on. He is napping now and mom called and said yesterday they had the same issue and he needed a slow flow nipple. Asked if I had any and I don't anymore. I tried the vicks and he is asleep now so I guess we will see when he wakes up! Hate taking care of sick babies!
Reply Up