Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stop Yourself Before You....
dave4him 02:41 PM 08-31-2012
So we have the thread on things we say to parents we shouldnt. I think we need some posts about the things we have said to our kids, or almost said that we just wanted to shake our heads at ourself over. Mine was today after changing five diapers, three girls and two boys. Both boys had dirty diapers so i was about to say the girls are clean and the boys are full of ____ you get the picture. I smacked myself upside the head for that one.
daycare 02:48 PM 08-31-2012
lol.....hahahhahahaahhaah

I once told the kids the song you look like a monkey and you smell like one too...well that backfired....one kid went to church and asked the minister why he smells like a monkey in the morning...kin got it soooooo twisted...Parents were embarrassed and asked who taught you that and of course my name pops out.....lol ooopppssss
nanglgrl 02:54 PM 08-31-2012
I have one little guy that has a BM every day about 5 minutes after arrival when I'm in the middle of breakfast and getting school agers out the door and I have to change him ASAP because his bus for preschool arrives soon after. He's 3 1/2 and could be potty trained but has some challenges to get through first. As you can imagine its a big BM because of his age and my goodness the smell! Anyway one day as I was wishing like always that he would have his BM 10 minutes earlier at home I almost said out loud "no pooping at daycare".
Luna 03:30 PM 08-31-2012
This was not something I said, but something I did. I was helping a little one after doing her business in the bathroom, both of my hands busy...I flushed the toilet with my foot I realized as soon as I did it, oooooohhhh that was a mistake. I wish I could take that back!
MarinaVanessa 03:45 PM 08-31-2012
Oh boy ... I am CONSTANTLY biting my toungue even around just my own kids. I'm hispanic and in my family you use curse words as terms of endearment with your kids. I know, I know ... it's bad, but that's how I grew up. Here my dad was always calling me pendeja (dummy) or worse (a lot worse) with a huge bright smile plastered on his face while we both squeeled with laughter. I find that I catchy myself plenty of times just before I'm about to do it. Growing up I thought it normal, go out in public today and talk like that and I'm sure I'd get looks of horror :rolleyes

I confess that with my own kids I do say something like "Look at that horribly awful looking child. You're going to scare the monsters away" and we have contests of which one of us is the ugliest in the family (and the point is to actually win) etc. My DD loves it of course and it's usually followed by the "tickle monster" and obviously I never do this out of anger but I'm sure that if I ever did this around the DC kids I'd be like Lucy and some 'splaining to do .
jojosmommy 03:56 PM 08-31-2012
I once said to my own son "oh you are driving me crazy". To whichhe replied, "DAD!!! MOM SAID IM DRIVING! How do I get to CRAZY? "
BumbleBee 05:29 PM 08-31-2012
Well....

I once said "here comes trouble" outloud when I saw our 'lovely' dcb(2) walking across the parking lot. Soon as he walks in the classroom door, dcg(2.5) says "Hi Trouble!" If looks could kill.

Almost said "you are so full of s***" to an 11 yo sa when he made up a great big lie about what he had done (bit an 8 yo)
bgmeyers 05:34 PM 08-31-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Oh boy ... I am CONSTANTLY biting my toungue even around just my own kids. I'm hispanic and in my family you use curse words as terms of endearment with your kids. I know, I know ... it's bad, but that's how I grew up. Here my dad was always calling me pendeja (dummy) or worse (a lot worse) with a huge bright smile plastered on his face while we both squeeled with laughter. I find that I catchy myself plenty of times just before I'm about to do it. Growing up I thought it normal, go out in public today and talk like that and I'm sure I'd get looks of horror :rolleyes

I confess that with my own kids I do say something like "Look at that horribly awful looking child. You're going to scare the monsters away" and we have contests of which one of us is the ugliest in the family (and the point is to actually win) etc. My DD loves it of course and it's usually followed by the "tickle monster" and obviously I never do this out of anger but I'm sure that if I ever did this around the DC kids I'd be like Lucy and some 'splaining to do .
You sound like a very loving family to me. I truly believe it's not in what you say but how you say it and obviously, you say it with love.
bgmeyers 05:37 PM 08-31-2012
Driving on a field trip and hit traffic.....said oh cra*. 4 yo says "what did you say?" I said "Um Um Crack.. a crack in the road".
Him.."Where? I want to see it!"
Breezy 06:01 PM 08-31-2012
I was visiting my parents years ago and we ordered pizza and pop from the pizza hut literally right next to the apartment complex. The delivery man was an Asian man and he forgot the pop and had to go back to get it. He took over an hour and we were all done eating and he still hadn't come. My dad said "What did he go to Asia to get the pop?!?!" My 5 year old brother heard this and when the guy finally came back my brother says "did you go to Asia to get the pop or what!" With a huge grin.

Recently my DS has begun repeating everything we say and my husband spilt something earlier today and said "sh!t sh!t sh!t" to which my 18 month old replied "shi shi shi"

And finally my friend from highschools mom said one day "what the fu*k is that!?!?" To which her 3 year old replied "fu*k mom, fu*k!!"
daycarediva 06:08 PM 08-31-2012
I told dcb I was 'going crazy' and he said 'on the crazy train?' (no hard rock at my house!) it is now a running joke that dcb and I say to each other almost daily when it gets wild in here.

Marina- my family is the same way! My grandfather used to swear at me in spanish with a big obviously proud of me grin on his face when I pulled a huge fish out of the water. Some of the best memories of my life!
Reply Up