Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stomach Bug? Sorta Tmi
Nickel 06:58 AM 10-02-2012
stomach bug?
Dcg came l ast week and she had diarrhea. Mom came and got her and she was out for a few more days and came back this monday. The day after she went home early my daughter woke up during nap with vomit all over her. She continued through out the day and night. The next day my oldest dd had the same and my youngest had diarrhea. Saturday oldest dd was better and younger dd was throwing up again as was my husband. Sunday everyone finally seemee better although dd was refusing food and most beverages. Yesterday she had diarrhea again. And today low and behold she is throwing up again. I just called the doc and im waiting for them to call back.

I know that she may have gotten sick from somewhere else but i am a little upset dcm brought dcg here while ill. Now my daughter has been sick for days, i had to close dc on friday and i might have to close again today. I am thinking of calling her tonight and telling her my daughter is still sick and i will be closed tomorrow even if she is all better. I hate when my children get sick and this has ripped through our entire house. Wwyd?
Breezy 07:09 AM 10-02-2012
Ugh that's my worst fear ever. Vomitting. Stomach bugs. I have a serious vomit phobia and I am dreading the first time DS gets ill with one and passes it to DH and me.

No real advice from me accept I would definitely close tomorrow is DD isn't 100%. Poor kiddos. Huge virtual hugs!!!!!
Nickel 08:25 AM 10-02-2012
I am the same way. I hate throwing up. Its amazing i was able to clean up the mess. I seriously cant stomach it. Yuck. But it looks like she has a dr appt in the morning so i wont be able to watch dcg after all (evil grin). Thx for the hugs. Poor thing isnt eating or drinking and my husband is mad cuz i have her milk this morning. She was better last nitw. He thinks that made her sick. I tried to tell him she is sick but he doesnt listen sigh. Is this week over yet?
Soccermom 09:12 AM 10-02-2012
There is nothing worse than the stomach bug!! Stomach bugs normally only last about 24 hours though, so this sounds a little more serious than that..sounds a lot like rotavirus. My DD was hospitalized with that when she was 18 months old. It seems to hit the little ones really hard.
SunshineMama 09:26 AM 10-02-2012
I would definitely close for the day. Even if your daughter is asymptomatic, she still needs a day of rest and you need a rest day as well to get your house clean and in order, and recover from caring from sick people for the past few days. I never close unless I am on my death bed, or unless someone brought their sick kid to my house and got my whole family sick (then I dont feel guilty at all about closing).

I dont get why people bring their sick kids to care, especially in a home daycare environment with a single provider. If you get the provider sick or their kids they are obviously going to have to close and you are going to end up missing even more work. I especially can't stand it when people bring their sick kids on a friday
EchoMom 09:29 AM 10-02-2012
TMI but I myself have some sort of bug. I've had diarrhea for 6 days straight, totally liquid disgusting! That finally ended but last night I threw up and today I still feel nauseated. Ugh...
Reply Up