Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Determine The Time Of Arrival Of A Parent?
trix23 05:11 AM 06-12-2017
I determine the time they get here per my clock on the check-in counter, but do I count it at the time the doorbell rings or the time they are physically signing in or out?
Blackcat31 06:19 AM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by trix23:
I determine the time they get here per my clock on the check-in counter, but do I count it at the time the doorbell rings or the time they are physically signing in or out?
For me it's basically when they enter the door.

The sign in sheet and the clock is right next to the door so when they walk in, they turn their body to the right and sign in before they even begin taking their child's jacket off.

I am NOT a huge stickler for sign in times....NOT as much as I am about sign out times.

For example if a parent arrived at 7:40 (suppose to be here are 7:45) I don't really make a huge deal out of it....Any more than 5 or so minutes though and I would make a big deal or out it..

It's more pick up time that I prefer to REALLY enforce and be picky about. I can compromise in the morning as long as it's not blatantly taking advantage and the family is generally a good family.
trix23 09:11 AM 06-12-2017
For me, I'm a stickler for both because families are allowed 10 hours/day and any amount over that I feel I should be paid for.
Annalee 09:22 AM 06-12-2017
For me, I'm a stickler for both because families are allowed 10 hours/day and any amount over that I feel I should be paid for.
I only allow 9.5 hour days, not to exceed 4:30. This forces those that arrive at 6 to be gone by 3:30. I LOVE that!
laundrymom 09:30 AM 06-12-2017
The moment they drive away
Blackcat31 09:56 AM 06-12-2017
I am paid according to pick up time so the minute or two here and there in the morning makes no difference to me.

The latest pick up time is 5:00 and unless a parent drops off the second I am open, there isn't enough time in my day for them to be here beyond 9.5 hours.

It's rare for a family that schedules to pick up at 5:00 (the latest pick up time available) to drop off right when I open.....it's apparently difficult to get your kids ready for the day that easily.
CityGarden 10:38 AM 06-12-2017
I too do not care much about drop off time bebg but do care about pick up.

Have you considered an electronic sign in? With Brightwheel parents can sign in either with a PIN number set by them or by a QR scan code. If you are a stickler for time and your state allows it I would consider it.... it would record their time in as the time they sign in with their pin number or QR scan (same applies for sign out) so pulling up to your drive way at 5:00pm and signing out at 5:03pm for example would be considered late and would be a $3.00 fee due.
AmyKidsCo 12:12 PM 06-12-2017
For me it's the time they walk in the door at drop off and the time they walk out the door at pick up. Unless they sit in my driveway and keep me from going on with my life (i.e. I can't leave because they're there or I'm hanging out in case they come back in) - then it's the time they leave my driveway. My policies state that the clock on the sign-in is the official time-keeper with regard to late pick-up.
hwichlaz 01:42 PM 06-12-2017
Sign in table and digital clock is just inside the door.

They walk in, and sign in.
Reply Up