Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Policies - Suggestions?
Unregistered 11:25 AM 10-22-2012
Welcome to ABC Daycare

About Me

My name is J****** ***XX. I have been a stay-at-home mom for almost three years now. My Husband, E***, and I have been married since November 2011. We have two children, K***X (5) and T***X (1). We have two cats that are fully declawed and very friendly; their names are Felix and Percy. We also have one small dog, Layla, who unconditionally loves everybody. All of our beloved pets are, as required, up to date on their shots.

Standards

I will not discriminate against any child in my care. I am required by law to report any suspected physical or sexual abuse to the local social services agency.

I am certified in CPR, AED and First aid though the American Heart association. I am also certified in SIDS and Shaken Baby by ***XX County Social Services.

No use of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or abuse of prescription medications will be allowed by the childcare provider or any others who have contact with daycare children during daycare hours.

Parents who have complaints or concerns about the care being provided to their children should make their concerns known to the provider either verbally or in writing. Please provide as many details as possible so the problem can be resolved. Include the action you would like to occur to solve the problem. If the concerns cannot be resolved, please contact the local licensing agency.

Drop-Off and Pickup Times

My hours of business are 6:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday year-round. We will contract for a specific drop-off time and pickup time. I need to be informed in writing of any changes in your times. You will be charged a fee of $5.00 for every 15 minutes you arrive earlier than your contracted drop-off time and $5.00 for every 15 minutes you are later than your contracted pickup time. The fees need to be added to the next week’s payment.

Full Time/Part Time

Full time is considered 4 or more days a week and is charged at the full time weekly rate.
Part time is 3 days a week and is fixed days (example: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week). Part time will be charged the daily rate with a minimum of 3 days each week.
If you need 3 days that vary week to week (Monday, Tuesday, and Friday one week and then Wednesday and Thursday the following week) will be considered full time and will be charged at the full time weekly rate.

No Call/No Show
Parents must call/text or email at least 30 minutes before scheduled drop-off time to call in a late drop-off or an absence. If a call isn't received in time, a $10 No Call/No Show fee will be added to the next payment. Many incidents may result in termination.

Child Illness

Under no circumstances should you bring your child to daycare with any of the following symptoms:
• Fever of 100 degrees or higher
• Diarrhea
• Vomiting
• A contagious infection—child needs to be on medications for 24 hours

If your child becomes ill during the day, I will notify you immediately to pick up your child. I cannot administer medication with out your written permission on a Permission to Administer form. You will be expected to pay for all days your child does not attend daycare.

Vacation/Sick Days

I will be taking three weeks of paid vacation in a year. I will give you a minimum of two weeks’ notice, but normally will give at least a month’s notice. You are expected to pay in full for all days your child is not at daycare. Please give me notice as to when you will be taking your vacation so I can plan accordingly.

NOTE: I will be taking a trip to Colorado for Christmas this year, so I will be closed on Friday, December 21, 2012.

I will allow myself 5 paid sick days a year. These are days I will have to close unexpectedly but I will try to give you as much notice as possible.

Holidays

Daycare will be closed on the following holidays:

• New Years Day
• Good Friday
• Memorial Day
• Independence Day
• Labor Day
• Thanksgiving
• The Friday Following Thanksgiving
• Christmas Eve Day
• Christmas Day
• New Years Eve Day

All holidays are to be paid at the full rate. If the holiday falls on a Saturday or a Sunday that Friday or Monday (respectively) will be observed and closed as the paid holiday.

Birthday Policy

Birthday treats are accepted if you wish. Please supply enough for all children at daycare. If you wish to bring in cake or cupcakes please bring store purchased bakery items. If you wish to bring goody bags—please do not bring gum.

Daily Schedule

6:00 am – 8:00 a.m. Arrival time includes breakfast, some TV, and quiet play.

8:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. During this period we will have free play inside, art/craft, or supervised outdoor time.

11:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Clean up toys. Wash up for Lunch.

11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Lunch will be served.

12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. Story time will follow lunch.

12:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Nap/rest time will be observed. All children will be woken up at 3:00 p.m. For those who are already awake, quiet activities will be offered.
3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Snack will be served.

3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Children will be allowed free play, activities, games, or outdoors while parents are picking up their children.

Meals and Snacks

I will furnish breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack to all non-infant children. I am on the food program and follow the USDA food guidelines. I will supply Similac Advanced formula to infants less than 12 months. Please do not bring any food to daycare unless you bring enough to share with everyone. No gum is allowed at daycare at anytime.

Nap/Quiet Time

I will provide a comfortable resting area for all children along with their own blanket and pillow. All children will be required to lie down for a nap/quiet time each day. This is my time during the day to recharge, plan, prepare activities and do paperwork. For school children in the summer and on days off school, they will have some quiet time with a movie or quiet activity.

Behavior Management

Positive discipline techniques will be used to encourage children to cooperate and respect each other and objects. Certificates and rewards are given at random times for various things, such as, being a nice friend, sharing, good behavior, being helpful, etc. I maintain certain rules at my daycare such as, no running, no jumping on furniture, no hitting, no biting, etc. When children behave in an undesirable manner, they are given a verbal warning and if the behavior continues, they are removed from the group for a timeout. The timeout is based on age (3 minutes for a 3 year old), or they may lose a privilege for a certain amount of time.

No physical discipline will occur in my home. Any major discipline problems will be discussed with the parents.

Damages

It is expected that your child be respectful of my personal property and furnishings. A certain amount of “wear and tear” is normal, but if your child intentionally damages my property though destructive behavior or roughness, you will be liable for 100 percent of the replacement costs. This reimbursement is due with your next payment.

Potty Training

I will assist in potty training with the understanding that it will only work if we work together. You must work with your child at home for a weekend before I can begin potty training here. Clothing should be easy to manage during this time. Belts and overalls do not work well when in a hurry to use the bathroom. Please make sure that you leave a supply of pull-up training pants with me. Extra changes of clothing are also necessary, including socks.

Supplies

Parents need to provide the following supplies for your child. Please label with your child’s name.

• Diapers/Pull Ups
• Wipes
• Ointments
• Bottle to be left at daycare
• Full Change of clothing to be left at daycare
• Security item if needed
• Swim suit
• Swim diapers
• Snow pants, mittens, hat, boots

Communication

I want to be able to share openly any concerns or questions that may arise. I welcome questions, feedback or discussions that will affect a positive outcome for your child.

Please remember to keep me updated on any changes in your address, employment, phone numbers, or emergency contact information.
The bulletin board in the front entry will list vacation days, holiday reminders, substitutes, contagious illnesses and any other important information I feel you need to know. Please remember to check the board daily.

Termination Policy

If the parent decides to discontinue care, the parent is required to provide a two-week notice to me in writing. Fees will still be due if the parent withdraws the child before notice is given, or at any time during the notice.

I will provide the parents a two-week notice in writing if I am no longer able to care for your child. You are still responsible for paying the weekly fees during this notice, whether your child attends or not.

I, however, reserve the right to immediately dismiss a child for recurring misbehavior that causes harm to me or other children in the daycare and/or on my property.

I have read and will comply with all of the policies listed in this contract.

__________________________________________________ ___________________
Parent/Guardian Signature Date

__________________________________________________ ___________________
Provider Signature Date
Michael 02:35 PM 10-22-2012
Suggest you register......
Cat Herder 05:12 AM 10-23-2012
You may want to omit some of the personal info. That can be discussed in person and will limit the constant need for updating your contract paperwork.

When contracts get to be a bit wordy, parents stop reading and just glaze over them. This will lead to a lot of requests for wiggle room, exceptions and general miscommunication.

Bulleted, straight to the point contracts with clear expectations and consequences seem to support the least amount of future adult issues.
Tags:policies - categories, policy sample
Reply Up