Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:38 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default What Kind Of Potty Seat Do You Use?

I have a potty seat that sits on top of the toilet seat and hangs on my cabinet next to the toilet.

It never fails that when the kids use it there is pee all over the toilet seat and it collects in the potty seat rim. When I remove it to hang it up, even after wiping it off pee drips on my floor.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-03-2013, 06:42 AM
mommyof5-and going crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahmof3 View Post
I have a potty seat that sits on top of the toilet seat and hangs on my cabinet next to the toilet.

It never fails that when the kids use it there is pee all over the toilet seat and it collects in the potty seat rim. When I remove it to hang it up, even after wiping it off pee drips on my floor.

Any suggestions?
Yes! There's a better way! Lol, sorry, I was picturing those dramatic infomercials.... I felt like I struck gold at HOme Depot ! They have a wooden toilet seat that also has a toddler seat built right in. It's much easier to clean and really doesn't add much more bulk than a regular seat. You just put the smaller seat up and down when u need it and when you're done. The bigger seat is below it. Walmart sells a plastic one but its very bulky and not very comfortable if you need to use the bigger seat ....
Old 01-03-2013, 06:43 AM

Honestly, I feel like I have tried them all. Last year I ditched the potty chair all together. I just bought a simple step stool and encourage the kids to just use the big potty without any kind of smaller seat or accessory.

So far it has worked out fine. #4 is training right now and has no issues. He does climb up and sit backwards on the toilet though so his aim is much more accurate than standing.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:49 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa1923 View Post
Yes! There's a better way! Lol, sorry, I was picturing those dramatic infomercials.... I felt like I struck gold at HOme Depot ! They have a wooden toilet seat that also has a toddler seat built right in. It's much easier to clean and really doesn't add much more bulk than a regular seat. You just put the smaller seat up and down when u need it and when you're done. The bigger seat is below it. Walmart sells a plastic one but its very bulky and not very comfortable if you need to use the bigger seat ....
OOOO your infomercial sold me!!

I have seen those at walmart! I completely forgot about them! I will have to check out the ones at home depot- THANKS!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Honestly, I feel like I have tried them all. Last year I ditched the potty chair all together. I just bought a simple step stool and encourage the kids to just use the big potty without any kind of smaller seat or accessory.

So far it has worked out fine. #4 is training right now and has no issues. He does climb up and sit backwards on the toilet though so his aim is much more accurate than standing.
<

I have thought about this and tried it on a couple of kids and they look petrified when they sit on the seat-

I currently have one that is "training" right now. The rest of them use the toilet without a potty seat. Maybe I will give it a try and see how it goes. This would be the most cost effective way.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:

Same here. I always have someone who is PTing and I just got so tired of cleaning up things associated with it!

Boys sit backwards; it's an easy transition to standing for them and improves aiming. Girls balance with the stool at their feet for support. I have elongated style toilet seats, so it is a bit easier for them.

It has cut down on my time spent in the bathroom cleaning!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:20 AM
mommyof5-and going crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahmof3 View Post
<

I have thought about this and tried it on a couple of kids and they look petrified when they sit on the seat-

I currently have one that is "training" right now. The rest of them use the toilet without a potty seat. Maybe I will give it a try and see how it goes. This would be the most cost effective way.

I agree! I mainly got it by the bigger seat can look scary to a little one just starting out.. My youngest ds wouldn't use the big potty, and I think the little potty you can buy becomes a game. He used it after it didn't look so big and I got the potty seAt....
Old 01-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
He does climb up and sit backwards on the toilet though so his aim is much more accurate than standing.
Years ago, the grandparent of one of my dc kids told me she trained her kids by having them sit backwards on the toilet. I have done it ever since with both girls and boys and it works great for both. Their balance seems better when they sit backwards so they don't get as nervous. Eventually, they either learn to stand or sit forwards but initially, this really does seem to help with potty training and clean up issues.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa1923 View Post
I just saw these too!! I read the thread and was going to recommend this ... I'm soooo getting one. My husband even thought they were cool.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I have the seat that has an attached smaller seat. Best thing ever!!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

I see Home Depot has the plastic ones but the wooden one online did not have the extra potty seat:

Tags
potty chair