Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default DCB with ear pain

I have a dcb (3) who is complaining of ear pain. His mom mentioned it at drop off as well. He presents no other symptoms, and has no fever. He's only been here for 30 minutes and has mentioned this ear pain about every 5 minutes so far. He does seem slightly more irritable than normal. For now I'm just monitoring the situation to see if he keeps complaining, but what would you do?
Old 09-25-2015, 06:35 AM
Daycare.com Member

I would have him go to the doc. It could be earache, he may have shoved something in there, ect. Ear pain HURTS and if nothing else, they can give him some drops to help alleviate the pain and rule out anything more serious.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

Every 5 minutes is a lot. I would call for pick up
Old 09-25-2015, 08:23 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope View Post
Every 5 minutes is a lot. I would call for pick up
Old 09-25-2015, 08:27 AM
Daycare.com Member

I would send home and advise a visit to the doctor. I just had a dcb go the doc for his annual wellness check up and doctor found a double ear infection! dcb didn't complain that his ears hurt at all!

Last edited by LindseyA; 09-25-2015 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Typo, darn phone
Old 09-25-2015, 11:00 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Dcm probably on standby for your call. Poor fella.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:12 AM
Daycare.com Member

He ended up going home poor kiddo, and he is getting meds. There seems to be so much going around right now.