Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-25-2019, 03:13 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default What's the Latest...

You let kids nap?

My husband calls me the nap whisperer. I usually have to wake the kids up or they will keep sleeping.

How late would you let naptime go on a regular basis? Is 330 too late?

ETA all kids are under 24 months
Old 09-25-2019, 03:40 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I turn on the lights at 3:00, if they are still asleep after 3:30, I let them sleep but take note of their temperature and respiration patterns (coughing, sniffling, wheezing, snoring, etc.). We are all in the same room, so they clearly need it if they can sleep through everyone else waking up and eating snack. By 4:00 I would try to rouse because they will need to eat something. Some just do afternoon snack, but others do dinner here.

Usually, I know why they are still asleep like extra outside time or water play, skipped morning nap or woke up at 3am.

All of mine are two and under right now, too.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:06 PM
New Daycare.com Member

We do nap from 12-2 and during that time, we don't allow drop off but they can pick up at anytime.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:11 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
I turn on the lights at 3:00, if they are still asleep after 3:30, I let them sleep but take note of their temperature and respiration patterns (coughing, sniffling, wheezing, snoring, etc.). We are all in the same room, so they clearly need it if they can sleep through everyone else waking up and eating snack. By 4:00 I would try to rouse because they will need to eat something. Some just do afternoon snack, but others do dinner here.

Usually, I know why they are still asleep like extra outside time or water play, skipped morning nap or woke up at 3am.

All of mine are two and under right now, too.
This is good. Right now on my schedule I have nap listed as 1230-230 but no one is ever awake before 3. They will all sleep until 4 if I let them.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:54 AM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

My naptime is 1230-230. My bunch usually lays down well and is ready to get up around then. About the only time I let someone sleep longer than 230 is if they took a really long time to crash and I think they need another 30 min to get going.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

My naptime is from 1-3. Most of my kids sleep until 3:30. I only wake the children who are 2 and older up if they are still asleep by 4 and thatís usually the ones who are getting picked up anyways.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:03 AM
Daycare.com Member

I always shut music off and opened shades.Some would wake as soon as the music stopped.I started changing diapers or sending to bathroom.I would let most wake naturally but everyone awake by 3:30.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:51 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

My nap is anywhere from 12-1pm until 3pm depending on how the kids are doing. I can usually push it to 1pm later in the week when the kids seem more rested.

3pm is the latest I have ever gone for nap.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:27 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenboo View Post
You let kids nap?

My husband calls me the nap whisperer. I usually have to wake the kids up or they will keep sleeping.

How late would you let naptime go on a regular basis? Is 330 too late?

ETA all kids are under 24 months
Whether I allow kids to sleep longer or not depends on my mood for that particular day
Old 09-26-2019, 12:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalee View Post
Whether I allow kids to sleep longer or not depends on my mood for that particular day
So true

Tags
nap length, sleep time