Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Complaint About a Director and Lady Who's Worked at Center For 20 Years
Unregistered 10:10 AM 01-02-2020
So I work in a center were we have a director of the whole school and directors for all the ages. Does that make sense? Anyhow, they have the director in my program operate as a lead teacher for two separate classrooms. So she goes back and forth. It's usually me and an older lady in one room. This room holds children that just turned one. This lady does absolutely ****ing nothing! And the lead teacher doesn't see it or care. They are verbally mean to the kids and the kids spend most of their day in the chairs or buggy! I'm at my breaking point!! I literally hate going to work! I can't be the first person to complain about them right? I just feel so defeated. They literally sit in the chairs all day. I have to complain but IDK if anything will be done.
Cat Herder 10:21 AM 01-02-2020
I have seen this cycle in many centers over the years. That is why many states are doing away with confinement equipment. They must. It affects children's longterm development.
Annalee 11:19 AM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I have seen this cycle in many centers over the years. That is why many states are doing away with confinement equipment. They must. It affects children's longterm development.
I agree with this
But by the same token, so many kids now know only how to sit and look at a screen of some sort. Magnatiles turn into computers. Flexi-blocks turn into cell phones. I have dcb1 whom I have a small High Chair/toddler chair that is low to the ground and I had to move it out because he was always sitting in it trying to buckle it. It's all they know. I literally would move him across the room and he would go back to that chair. I know family child care is group care, but that is becoming more challenging as these kids are independent/non-noticing-of-others-around-them.

Technology of some sort is becoming a "culture" now and I'm not sure the state implementing rules to counter will change the "culture". Just my opinions!
Cat Herder 12:54 PM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I have dcb1 whom I have a small High Chair/toddler chair that is low to the ground and I had to move it out because he was always sitting in it trying to buckle it. It's all they know. I literally would move him across the room and he would go back to that chair.
Now that you mention it I, too, have had to move my toddler chairs outside of the gates because they all want to just sit in them and stare at me, lately. It is unnerving. I chalked it up to the holidays, but it is becoming a problem this week.
Annalee 01:12 PM 01-02-2020
Now that you mention it I, too, have had to move my toddler chairs outside of the gates because they all want to just sit in them and stare at me, lately. It is unnerving. I chalked it up to the holidays, but it is becoming a problem this week.
I understand.
They stare because their minds can't process what to do at the time, what to do next, and so on and so on. Their minds are not growing. It is different with my own 16 and 18 year old than when I was a kid with "using your brain", but the birth - three now is a "culture" that I see major problems within society down the road.
Annalee 01:14 PM 01-02-2020
Cat herder, it's too bad we can't earn money from our spot-on analysis because we don't have a PHD attached to our name
Cat Herder 01:28 PM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Cat herder, it's too bad we can't earn money from our spot-on analysis because we don't have a PHD attached to our name
It's too bad theorists rarely perform the hands-on care experience it takes to gain a full understanding of the problems they claim to be solving.

It's tragic that the people with hands-on experience can never afford the credit hours for that PHD because of how poorly we are paid, nor have the time to attend because of the long hours we are required to work.
Ms.Kay 09:44 AM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by cat herder:
it's too bad theorists rarely perform the hands-on care experience it takes to gain a full understanding of the problems they claim to be solving.

It's tragic that the people with hands-on experience can never afford the credit hours for that phd because of how poorly we are paid, nor have the time to attend because of the long hours we are required to work.
preach!!!!!!
Ariana 08:46 PM 01-03-2020
It's too bad theorists rarely perform the hands-on care experience it takes to gain a full understanding of the problems they claim to be solving.

It's tragic that the people with hands-on experience can never afford the credit hours for that PHD because of how poorly we are paid, nor have the time to attend because of the long hours we are required to work.

Tags:bad management, confinement equipment, high chair, laziness, no indians, strollers, swings, too many chiefs
Reply Up