Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Benefits for Assistants/Staff
dolores 04:48 AM 01-03-2020
Does any provider on here offer benefits to their assistant/employee i.e. vacation, pay when closed, etc, etc.?

Or does any child care employee receive benefits from their employer? If so what is it-vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical etc.
Cat Herder 06:40 AM 01-03-2020
Around here employees don't get benefits other than paid online training courses (that employers can write off) until after 12 months. A few get medical insurance after 90 days and unpaid vacation/sick days if they find their own coverage. The perk is getting to keep their job.
Cat Herder 06:51 AM 01-03-2020
Sorry. I meant to add that they earn 5 paid days off per year beginning at 12 months of employment. If they take a sick day after 12 months, they lose a paid day but not income that week. So, if they show up every day for two years, they will have a full week paid vacation built up.
jenboo 06:52 AM 01-03-2020
I only do paid holidays since I get them and the families are still paying regular tuition.
Unregistered 10:51 AM 01-03-2020
we pay to assistances
- two weeks paid vacation. One week at the end of August and one week for Christmas/New year vacation. in 2019 the winter break was 8 business days (total 12 days)
- 10 paid holidays
- paid sick days
- one week extra payment as a bonus at the end of a year
dolores 01:10 PM 01-05-2020
Thank you for your replies!
Julia2 05:48 AM 01-10-2020
What are the requirements for the assistant to work at our hone daycare, does a assistant need cpr, police record, etc?; thank you
Blackcat31 05:56 AM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by Julia2:
What are the requirements for the assistant to work at our hone daycare, does a assistant need cpr, police record, etc?; thank you
Every state has different requirements for these things.

Here is the licensing info for Maryland. (link below)

I am sure they list requirements for assistants and substitutes under the family child care link.

https://www.daycare.com/maryland/
Julia2 07:12 AM 01-10-2020
Thank you so much🌹
sunshst 08:22 PM 01-20-2020
I'm in CA and child care rates are high in the area where I live. My assistant has paid all federal holidays plus 2 weeks of summer and winter vacation (20 days), and 5 pto days/year.
Tags:employee - contract, employee - handbook, employee - sick days, employee - training, employee pay
Reply Up