Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Wish My Mom Didn't 'Stop By' During Daycare Hours...VENT!!!
Unregistered 09:19 AM 12-13-2011
I signed out....one of those Mom vents.

First let me say, I love my mom. She works out of town so we don't see her very often. I love when she stops by and visits my kids or takes them out, etc....BUT....when she stops by during daycare hours it's UTTER CHAOS!!!

She's extremely LOUD so all of the babies start crying the second she walks in the door. I go from making lunch to holding two babies at a time with one hanging off of my leg in like 60 seconds! She makes a bee-line to my fridge...eats anything not nailed down and then starts picking at what I've made for the kids (which usually leaves me without enough for them to have seconds without me starting all over again). Then she heads for the couch at which time she turns on the TV and BLASTS one of the judge shows. Then she needs me to get her a glass of water or make her something right in the middle of trying to get lunch together for 6 kids.

Mind you, this doesn't happen often but REALLY??? I like to have an adult around every now and then just so I don't go batty but I'm tempted to say NO VISITORS ALLOWED unless you're gonna clean, cook or do some laundry up in here....I really can't serve YOU right now!!! SHEESH!!!
wdmmom 09:46 AM 12-13-2011
Sounds more like a teenager coming in and ransacking the place than your own mother.

Be honest and tell her that she's welcome to come by but she needs to be quiet and if she's gonna make a mess, clean it up.
cheerfuldom 03:23 PM 12-13-2011
Thats completely rude of her. I would straight out tell her she cannot come over during daycare hours. She needs to call first if she is not sure about the time frame.
frgsonmysox 03:31 PM 12-13-2011
Wow! I would tell her this is your BUSINESS and during BUSINESS hours she needs to treat your home like a place of business. If you are going to come over be prepared to WORK.
Springdaze 07:03 PM 12-13-2011
I feel ya! My husband does the same! he works 3-11 and leaves in the middle of nap! STOMP STOMP STOMP, SLAM! then he calls about 4 times in the afternoon. "what are you doing?" Im knitting a fricken sweater! sorry!
Tags:disruptive, parent - over protective, vent
Reply Up