Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Childcare New Year’s Resolutions, Anyone?
wahmof3 10:12 AM 01-02-2013
Have you made any new years resolutions regarding your business?

*I am aiming to be more organized...... but I need to get caught up first

*I plan on enforcing my policies, why have them if I can't enforce them.

*Running my business for MY benefit. If somethings not working: CHANGE IT!

What are yours...........
Play Care 10:22 AM 01-02-2013
Mine is to be a more positive, present provider. Less venting about things that are not a big deal, more proactive dealing with things that need to be (rather then let it fester and annoy the crud out of everyone with endless venting about it) Being more appreciative of all the things this job does offer and less time complaining about it (because the grass will always be greener and I'm old enough to know it ) Less time online *just* to check this that or the other (such a time suck!), more prepping/cleaning during downtimes so I'm not feeling like I'm playing catch up each afternoon when I want to be greeting the school kids and being there for them.
Today was day 1 and so far, so good!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:37 AM 01-02-2013
Stay on top of paperwork! I already have my parents totals done for the year.
Being sure that I have enough time carved out in my week to plan the next I hate it when I realize I am missing one thing, or realize wow it would have been so cool if we could have done ____ with that.
small_steps 11:03 AM 01-02-2013
Mine is also to be more organized...
Stay on top of paperwork...
Stay caught up with mmk
Give daycare room a makeover
Get more Wall art for the room
Have my loft built!
Be firm with policies
I'm sure there are more.
providerandmomof4 11:40 AM 01-02-2013
No more part timers!!! I am working on finding more full timers and then letting go of my part timers that are filling my full time spots. Sounds good but it's really slow this time of year, so we'll see.
Willow 12:11 PM 01-02-2013
My only one is to get the addition built that'll give me a giant space JUST for my daycare. I can't wait to reorganize the toys that are kept all over my house into that space so I have more room for regular "outside of work" living lol

Although it's been great for visiting little people on weekends I want to be able to make a cup of coffee and sit on my couch without feeling like a Toys R Us just threw up all around me
Willow 12:12 PM 01-02-2013
Originally Posted by providerandmomof4:
No more part timers!!! I am working on finding more full timers and then letting go of my part timers that are filling my full time spots. Sounds good but it's really slow this time of year, so we'll see.
I did that last year and will never go back
wahmof3 12:40 PM 01-02-2013
These are all great!!

I too am trying to be more positive and count my blessings being able to work from home. I think I put that into the category- if its not working for me, change it. Don't sweat the small stuff, you know?? If I can't fix it replace it. But also I want to try to not let the smaller things get me worked up. There are more important things in life.

I daydream about adding an addition to my house and to use it strictly for childcare, I don't see that in the near future but its ok.
MarinaVanessa 12:45 PM 01-02-2013
Mine was to be more organized when it came to paperwork .

I already started by writing down my DCK's schedules in pencil into my planner and then my "time spent" on each day. At the end of the week i'll add up the totals based on categories that MMK uses. Then I'll add the totals up at the end of the month so that I only have to enter each category once a month (I used to enter them weekly).

I've been keeping up with attendance and meals in MMK daily too so I'm proud of myself.
Reply Up