Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh, Now it's Monday
SilverSabre25 01:41 PM 04-13-2015
Friday brought insanity, Monday brings me a 2 year old who had barely napped, won't eat, hasn't stopped crying for an hour, and mom hasn't responded to my text alerting her that I think baby is getting sick. Or rather, is sick. But there nothing precisely excludable.... except for inconsolability. Poor thing is up to rippling around on the floor trying to get comfy and, I think, fall asleep. But I think her ear hurts or something else hurts and she can't settle. I'm counting down to 6:00 again.
SilverSabre25 02:05 PM 04-13-2015
Phew, sweet miserable DcG finally got picked up. Poor baby. Dad said they ete heading straight to urgent care
mamamanda 03:14 PM 04-13-2015
Poor little one. And poor you! Glad she got picked up.
Martha Stewart 03:24 PM 04-13-2015
I had a dcb just like that on Friday - double ear infection! Sorry you had a rough day
AuntTami 03:59 PM 04-13-2015
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Friday brought insanity, Monday brings me a 2 year old who had barely napped, won't eat, hasn't stopped crying for an hour, and mom hasn't responded to my text alerting her that I think baby is getting sick. Or rather, is sick. But there nothing precisely excludable.... except for inconsolability. Poor thing is up to rippling around on the floor trying to get comfy and, I think, fall asleep. But I think her ear hurts or something else hurts and she can't settle. I'm counting down to 6:00 again.
Poor kid! Inconsolablity is a reason in my contract to send him. I stress it with parents at interview, if kiddo is having a rough day, and nothing seems to be working to comfort them; I will call for pick up. I just did it a couple weeks ago. He screamed his bloody head off for an hour and a half before I called for pick up and it was another half hour of screaming before dad arrived. I couldn't listen to anymore. There wasn't anything "wrong" with him but he wouldn't stop.
Sugar Magnolia 03:05 AM 04-14-2015
Inconsolable is on my list of exclusions. Poor baby.
CraftyMom 06:08 AM 04-14-2015
Curious if she ended up with an ear infection?
SilverSabre25 12:18 PM 04-15-2015
Yep, she sure did. Double ear infection, and nasty, too. I'm not surprised at all.
Unregistered 12:36 PM 04-15-2015
I enrolled a 20m old DCB in February...he has been sick non-stop since enrollment. In almost 10 years, I've never seen a child so continuously ill. My daycare crew is relatively healthy...but once a week, I am sending one of them home now with what this child has. DCM is a MA for a large medical office, and I am starting to wonder if she is a carrier and bringing these germs home with her He was just diagnosed with his 3rd ear infection since he has been enrolled, he's had a sinus infections and croupy cough almost the whole time he has been here, and he has missed about a week total when he does have a fever. They do have an appt with the ENT in 4 weeks for tubes, but I don't think it's fair to expose the others anymore. He was miserable today, wouldn't nap, crying when I laid him down, green snot everywhere, and coughing so much he couldn't catch his breath...so I asked DCP's to come pick him up. I feel bad because he's a good little buddy, and the parents are nice, but just don't think this is the best environment for him. Has anyone else termed a child that is constantly ill? Just trying to figure out how to word this term letter
Reply Up