Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Am I Crazy To Try This?
Momof2Boys 10:02 AM 11-08-2010
Am I crazy to try this craft with two 3 year old boys?

http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/tiny-toms-661426/

It's adorable, but not sure it's really age appropriate for the kids I have. What do you think?
laundrymom 10:14 AM 11-08-2010
I think if you expect it to look like that,... yes,.. but if your happy with however it comes out,.. then go for it!!! .

.Ive been toying with the idea of making one nice ornament for each kids family with our childcare name on it. Each year. mys elf, not the kids, and giving them as gifts. if you just want a fun thing to do with them, pinecones, peanut butter and birdseed is always a winner.
Momof2Boys 10:21 AM 11-08-2010
Haha, very good point about it not looking exactly like the end result And I love the peanut butter and birdseed idea...so much simpler.

Do you (or anyone else) have suggestions of websites I can go to to find crafts that would be fun for 3 year olds to do?
laundrymom 10:42 AM 11-08-2010
I dont , I like hard copy books,..lol. go to your library and get some books on early childhood curriculum,.. first years learning, early childhood education,... any on the sanity saver books is great. "the diaper bags books for infants and toddlers" Iam I can. look at the dept of educations website and the dept of agriculture site. They sometimes have ideas. just google preschool art fun,.. or something similar. I promise,.. as long as they are having fun, they are learning. One thing we did was to get butcher paper, let all the kids make a huge handprint mural. each handprint was given a number for the kids whose hand it was. The parents were then given the task of finding their kid. lol. or we have done feet. One thing I do when I get a new one is do their hand and foot prints, and take a pic on their first day....at their one year anniversary,.. I cut them out, glue them to a sheet of contsruction paper and add a note,.. look how small I was a year ago,... Your love makes me grow every day. Most moms love it. For first time moms I get a close up pic of their body parts, their toes, their hands, ears, nose, just a close up clear pic,.. I print them in black and white, frame them in a collage frame, and on their one year anniversary I present them with it. moms bawl, dads usually do too.

simple craft ideas I like take less than 10 minutes, keep their attention and mine, and are simple and inexpensive. another one is when there is an older sibling,.. I get a onsie,.. wash and dry it, and I have the older sibling put their handprint on it, Put my hand print on it,...I label it with fabric write on paint saying something like,... Hugs from Miss Jill and Christopher. Or,.. just theirs on it would say,... Megans baby sister, I had one for my own daughter that had my 3 yr olds handprint, then I drew a heart and added an 's , then I wrote me. so it looked like handprint hearts me.... I then take the shirts to the hosp when I visit the new baby, its a gift from the sibling and me to the baby.

I also did handprint ornaments out of plaster of paris one year,

and I take a pic of them load it in my computer, use the software to turn it into a color page, print it, let them color it, then send it home.

Originally Posted by Momof2Boys:
Haha, very good point about it not looking exactly like the end result And I love the peanut butter and birdseed idea...so much simpler.

Do you (or anyone else) have suggestions of websites I can go to to find crafts that would be fun for 3 year olds to do?

DCMomOf3 04:48 PM 11-08-2010
I go to various sites, not one in particular depending on the theme, etc. Here is one though.
http://familycrafts.about.com/?once=true&
Tags:crafts
Reply Up