Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
amberrose3dg 04:25 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
With 5 kids, I can't think of a job that would pay enough to afford full-time childcare. At least not without a Doctorate or three.

I'd be committed to staying home and being broke. I would only be able to keep 1 DCK for pay and stay legally in ratio.
I mean yeah she most likely qualifies for state aided daycare. 5 kids, I have a teacher that makes 60k and qualifies for state aid cause he has 6 kids.
All seriousness she just needs to stay home most likely if she cannot afford daycare. She be paying almost 3k a month.
mamamanda 06:27 AM 08-01-2018
Just need to vent today... this is probably my last day doing childcare if all goes according to plan with my sister's new provider. I'm really struggling with this decision as I know it's the right one, but I love my niece & nephew so stinking much. I already miss them. So I was hoping to have this crazy awesome day for them to always remember auntie's house by. Not so much...

My 2yo DD is fighting ear infection, we've neither one slept much in 2 days, my head is pounding, & she cries over everything.

Also, I now get to drag 5 kids to the Dr office for a recheck.

My niece cried all day yesterday & has been fussy so far this morning as well. Although she's playing wonderfully at the moment.

My 7yo Ds is mad b/c he's bored
Somehow that's my fault? I told him he'd figure it out eventually and went on about my business so he's pouting by himself.

And all I've done for my nephew today is redirect behavior. Our play room is gated off in 2 places & has doors leading to the bathroom, 2 bedrooms, & a closet all of which are closed. He constantly tries to hide in the closet, play in the bathroom, open the bedrooms, open the kitchen gate to look for snacks at will, & slide on his belly under my gate that leads to the family room. I just follow him around taking hold of his hand & guiding him back to the playroom.

He's not usually like this. I'm very confused. But he keeps telling me not to yell at him (I'm not yelling, that is just his take on being told no . All I wanted was one last special day...I guess it will be memorable after all.
Ac114 10:17 AM 08-01-2018
Super annoyed and mad at DH.

He usually works Tuesday through Saturday. He took vacation for this upcoming Saturday so we could attend his company picnic. It’s at an amusement park an hour away. Well the person that was scheduled to cover his shift on Saturday just quit yesterday and they asked him to now pick it back up. He said he would as long as they purchased tickets for us to go tomorrow and gave him the day off on Friday as well. They agreed. So because he made arrangements without talking to me, I can’t cancel daycare last minute and him and the kids will go and leave me behind. I wouldn’t care except for the fact he detest doing anything that you would describe as fun. So unless I want to take all 3 kids to make memories just us, we don’t do anything AT ALL! Vacation? No we don’t have time for that! Zoo? sounds miserable. Amusement park? Nope too many people for me. Going swimming? Sounds like a nightmare. Someone having a party? Nope I don’t like those people. This man only leaves the house to go to work, otherwise he’s too busy being a homebody and I am the absolute complete opposite.
Annalee 10:26 AM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by Ac114:
Super annoyed and mad at DH.

He usually works Tuesday through Saturday. He took vacation for this upcoming Saturday so we could attend his company picnic. It’s at an amusement park an hour away. Well the person that was scheduled to cover his shift on Saturday just quit yesterday and they asked him to now pick it back up. He said he would as long as they purchased tickets for us to go tomorrow and gave him the day off on Friday as well. They agreed. So because he made arrangements without talking to me, I can’t cancel daycare last minute and him and the kids will go and leave me behind. I wouldn’t care except for the fact he detest doing anything that you would describe as fun. So unless I want to take all 3 kids to make memories just us, we don’t do anything AT ALL! Vacation? No we don’t have time for that! Zoo? sounds miserable. Amusement park? Nope too many people for me. Going swimming? Sounds like a nightmare. Someone having a party? Nope I don’t like those people. This man only leaves the house to go to work, otherwise he’s too busy being a homebody and I am the absolute complete opposite.
You will never get this time back! Close, even if you don't want to charge them, give them a credit. Ten years ago, I would not have given advice like this but as I get older I realize I don't want to miss anything else! CLOSE!
LysesKids 10:58 AM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by Annalee:
You will never get this time back! Close, even if you don't want to charge them, give them a credit. Ten years ago, I would not have given advice like this but as I get older I realize I don't want to miss anything else! CLOSE!
Ditto... My youngest still hates the fact we missed out on things when she was younger because daycare came first; if I had it to do over I would CLOSE & credit the day
amberrose3dg 11:07 AM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Ditto... My youngest still hates the fact we missed out on things when she was younger because daycare came first; if I had it to do over I would CLOSE & credit the day
Same!
Annalee 11:11 AM 08-01-2018
Agree with these posters. So glad I fixed some of this while my sons are still home.
daycarediva 09:58 AM 08-02-2018
Congratulations on your breaking off a toxic, one sided relationship!

I am sooo tempted to partner with early head start in my state. Speaking to the woman I emailed regarding more information was NOT helpful. It's a 10,000 carrot she's dangling. The paperwork is nothing more than I am already doing.

Or so they say, right?
Unregistered 06:32 AM 08-03-2018
Um no! If you need a stool sample keep kid at home and collect it your self! Where do you think that sample will sit for hours until you come pick up? No way!
amberrose3dg 06:57 AM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by unregistered:
um no! If you need a stool sample keep kid at home and collect it your self! Where do you think that sample will sit for hours until you come pick up? No way!
ewwwwwww
amberrose3dg 04:09 AM 08-06-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
ewwwwwww
So tired, made the decision to go to a concert last night. I knew i wouldn't get home until midnight. I am not sure how coffee will help me today.
daycarediva 10:13 AM 08-06-2018
Parent kept kid home Friday with a cold, brought her today and it's obviously NOT better. She is livid that I even hinted at sending her home. I stood my ground. Wiping brown snot off of her face and hands every 5 minutes or less is NASTY. Plus she fell asleep at circle time, isn't eating, everything making her cry, etc. She was 'fine' all weekend. I saw social media. You ran her ragged and she looked miserable in every photo (and is the first to cheese in pictures, so it's highly unusual)
Josiegirl 10:22 AM 08-06-2018
Dcb was still out in the swimming pool last night at 9:30. Why. Just why??? Walked in this morning like a zombie and hasn't listened to a thing I said all day.
amberrose3dg 01:31 PM 08-08-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Dcb was still out in the swimming pool last night at 9:30. Why. Just why??? Walked in this morning like a zombie and hasn't listened to a thing I said all day.
New kid third day here and he pukes all over my couch. Mom is 45 minutes away ugh.no daycare tomorrow!
amberrose3dg 02:07 PM 08-08-2018
New kid third day here and he pukes all over my couch. Mom is 45 minutes away ugh.no daycare tomorrow!
And kid is still here when i close at 5!
LysesKids 02:28 PM 08-08-2018
Can we say Late pick up fees apply... oh, I also charge sick childcare fees of $10 per 10 minutes. Yep, sucks to be that mom that learns the hard way
Josiegirl 01:59 AM 08-09-2018
Double whammy. NOT a good start!! I hope you have a standard trial period because my crystal ball tells me this dcf may not make it.
amberrose3dg 04:28 AM 08-09-2018
Double whammy. NOT a good start!! I hope you have a standard trial period because my crystal ball tells me this dcf may not make it.
Yup. the first two days dad picks up early before 3pm both days. He has a dentist appointment and can't pick up. The kid was fine until he woke up from nap. I thought it was odd he literally did not want to get up. He finally does and pukes everywhere. I assumed mom would leave work a few minutes early since she was picking up. Nope got on the road 10 minutes after she normally gets off and strolls to my door at 515. 15 minutes late is 15 minutes late. I also had food training at 6pm. I had to feed my kids and eat dinner myself as I wouldn't be getting back in until after 8pm.Dad better be the one picking up or she better figure out how to make it here especially since at the interview his hours are 630 to 4pm. Not when I close.
I don't see this working out.
Unregistered 11:31 AM 08-09-2018
Two half days of preschool really? What is the point? I just don't get it.
storybookending 02:27 PM 08-09-2018
Something is pooping in our sandbox.. there is no way it’s a cat as the specimens found on the daily are huge.
Ac114 07:10 AM 08-10-2018
3 year old shows up with babydoll, small play purse and 3 lipsticks. Like really? In what world would it be appropriate to send her to daycare with lipstick? Glad it’s friday!
amberrose3dg 07:16 AM 08-10-2018
3 year old shows up with babydoll, small play purse and 3 lipsticks. Like really? In what world would it be appropriate to send her to daycare with lipstick? Glad it’s friday!
Yeah that is a nope.
ZB4 07:48 AM 08-16-2018
Yes dear parent I know this comes as a surprise but your child is well behaved after you leave. No they don't cry all day nor are they sad, pouting or demanding like they are when you're here. Do you really think I wouldn't tell you if they had a bad day...everyday? Believe me I would, and you'd be picking them up because I wouldn't deal with it. And if it continued.... I'd terminate. Oh yes I would. I love the little ones...but you dear parent are the most frustrating part of my day. Sorry for the rant
Giggles 06:07 AM 08-20-2018
When the parent tells you the baby sleeps in a crib and is safe sleep ready...but doesnt sleep at all! Then mom tells me “yeah she sleeps good at night, but during the day she only sleeps in our arms”
Gr!!
Blackcat31 06:24 AM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by Giggles:
When the parent tells you the baby sleeps in a crib and is safe sleep ready...but doesnt sleep at all! Then mom tells me “yeah she sleeps good at night, but during the day she only sleeps in our arms”
Gr!!
This would be a swift term.
I don't enroll babies that aren't familiar ad used to safe sleep. If the parent thinks they pulled a fast one, they'd be the one surprised when they are called for pick up every time the baby refuses nap during the day.
LysesKids 08:58 AM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I don't enroll babies that aren't familiar ad used to safe sleep. If the parent thinks they pulled a fast one, they'd be the one surprised when they are called for pick up every time the baby refuses nap during the day.
Yep, babes go into bassinets or cribs... I don't have time to be rocking a child 2 hrs when the 3 others need my attention
Unregistered 11:53 AM 08-22-2018
Do parents like holding their child 24/7? How do you get anything done? Why do you feel your baby needs to be held all the time? Do you ever wonder if this may be the reason your baby isnt developing motor skills- Why your 6 month old cant roll over..amongst other things?

I may stop enrolling infants..
amberrose3dg 02:52 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Do parents like holding their child 24/7? How do you get anything done? Why do you feel your baby needs to be held all the time? Do you ever wonder if this may be the reason your baby isnt developing motor skills- Why your 6 month old cant roll over..amongst other things?

I may stop enrolling infants..
I have. I have 3 that are over 1 now and 1 about to be 1. It is so hard to get them on a schedule. Parents are also a big factor.
amberrose3dg 02:54 AM 08-23-2018
I had the day from hell yesterday with storms and all the night before. Then a parent picks up and gives me an immediate notice that her child won't be back. Gave me some half ass excuse she doesn't think it's a good environment for him. He is in school the majority of the time to begin with.i believe it's a cop out to get out of daycare because I'm closed sept14th for a wedding.
LysesKids 03:03 AM 08-23-2018
I have. I have 3 that are over 1 now and 1 about to be 1. It is so hard to get them on a schedule. Parents are also a big factor.
I have 3 all 12 months and under right now lol... they sleep better here than home because I refuse to coddle & hold. Of course during storms I have my fairy lights blinking so it helps a lot when it gets dark daytime (Solar inside - I put the sensor at the top of my windows). When my babes get older, they get mini flashlights to make them feel safe during thunderstorms
Josiegirl 03:45 AM 08-23-2018
"You get what you get and you don't get upset"
Oh my, how many times have I used this phrase this week!!!
*I* wanted the purple plate!!! *I* wanted the pink cup!!! Sorry kiddo, maybe next time. She cries for 10 minutes during lunch because she didn't get the pink cup. Dcg starts hugging her to make her feel better. It's bad enough that the parents coddle these twins so badly.
"she's fine" I say. Milk all tastes the same in whatever cup you get. So now I'm the big bad meanie.
I do NOT have time for these types of fusses.
amberrose3dg 04:02 AM 08-23-2018
"You get what you get and you don't get upset"
Oh my, how many times have I used this phrase this week!!!
*I* wanted the purple plate!!! *I* wanted the pink cup!!! Sorry kiddo, maybe next time. She cries for 10 minutes during lunch because she didn't get the pink cup. Dcg starts hugging her to make her feel better. It's bad enough that the parents coddle these twins so badly.
"she's fine" I say. Milk all tastes the same in whatever cup you get. So now I'm the big bad meanie.
I do NOT have time for these types of fusses.
Now now if you don't you will be told you are unfit for their child.
This is why I cannot wait to be done with this job.
Ac114 06:32 AM 08-24-2018
15 month old is being extremely aggressive towards other kids all week. Taking toys, scratching when she doesn’t get her way, smacking and even pulled my hair TWICE. Texted mom about it on Monday. Her response was hmm that’s weird she doesn’t act like that at home.

Comes in this morning, pulled moms hair twice and scratched her sister. What was done about this?!? NOTHING!!!

Both girls I like this. I can’t deal with it.
LysesKids 06:44 AM 08-24-2018
15 month old is being extremely aggressive towards other kids all week. Taking toys, scratching when she doesn’t get her way, smacking and even pulled my hair TWICE. Texted mom about it on Monday. Her response was hmm that’s weird she doesn’t act like that at home.

Comes in this morning, pulled moms hair twice and scratched her sister. What was done about this?!? NOTHING!!!

Both girls I like this. I can’t deal with it.
If mom won't handle it then you might not be able to change the behavior; everyone needs to be onboard. I do under 24 months only... I specifically state in my contract I age out starting at 18 months and no later than 21 months based on if I have infants waiting on the space (and partially because many toddlers need more play space, but they also become more aggressive ); none of my families have issues with me suggesting they need to move on sooner than later if I see too much biting or aggression... I love the one little I had to push out by 19 months because he was hurting younger infants and his mom agreed; he picked it up from cousins & just didn't get that jumping on babies backs was not OK... at 3.5 years you would never know it's same kid (I still care for as a Drop-in on football weekends when the babies aren't actually here along with a few other aged out toddlers/preschool age).
sharlan 12:20 PM 08-24-2018
3 miles in on a 4 mile walk this morning, I got a flat tire on my stroller.

I had to call dh to come get us.
Josiegirl 02:38 PM 08-24-2018
Now now if you don't you will be told you are unfit for their child.
This is why I cannot wait to be done with this job.
Well, this a.m. twins came in as I was getting breakfast ready and they start hiding behind dcm. So dcm starts working her magic, 1 comes right to the table and dcm has to persuade other dcg to come sit down. If dcm had just left I could've done it myself. So as dcg is sitting down, other dcg says I want the pink cup! Dcm goes 'oh boy'. So I tell dcm this happened the other day and dcg cried for 10 minutes over it. I just told her I don't play those games here. Lol Dcm didn't know what to say.

It really is okay to let your child cry; they won't break, it won't ruin their self-esteem. It's not a bad thing if they don't get every single thing they want, trust me.

Five more days
amberrose3dg 03:55 AM 08-29-2018
Well, this a.m. twins came in as I was getting breakfast ready and they start hiding behind dcm. So dcm starts working her magic, 1 comes right to the table and dcm has to persuade other dcg to come sit down. If dcm had just left I could've done it myself. So as dcg is sitting down, other dcg says I want the pink cup! Dcm goes 'oh boy'. So I tell dcm this happened the other day and dcg cried for 10 minutes over it. I just told her I don't play those games here. Lol Dcm didn't know what to say.

It really is okay to let your child cry; they won't break, it won't ruin their self-esteem. It's not a bad thing if they don't get every single thing they want, trust me.

Five more days
Parents are really trying to test me. dcb 15 months breaks out in fever yesterday not eating and crying. Called for pick up. Mom takes to dr and is told "ear infection". Mom is upset he cannot come today. "I'll lose my job" First you knew he was sick told me when you picked up that he threw up the night before. You sent him anyway. Be lucky I do not terminate on the spot for lying. 24 fever free. You bring him back and he still has a fever he will go home again and the clock will start over.

Josiegirl 04:20 AM 08-29-2018
Feel bad for dcb. He had no bath last night, not even a washcloth scrub down plus he doesn't brush his teeth in the mornings. His legs and feet are as dirty as they were when he went home yesterday. Not the 1st time it's happened either. Last time he went 3 days before he finally had a bath. This is summer people, kids play in the dirt and wear shorts. Please keep your kids clean. They're more important than eating dinner with your new chef boyfriend who you're so in love with after 3 weeks.
LysesKids 04:57 AM 08-29-2018
Feel bad for dcb. He had no bath last night, not even a washcloth scrub down plus he doesn't brush his teeth in the mornings. His legs and feet are as dirty as they were when he went home yesterday. Not the 1st time it's happened either. Last time he went 3 days before he finally had a bath. This is summer people, kids play in the dirt and wear shorts. Please keep your kids clean. They're more important than eating dinner with your new chef boyfriend who you're so in love with after 3 weeks.
He double Hockey sticks; Me, I give at least one of my babies a wash cloth scrub daily because of diaper blowouts...

Yesterday 8 month old, little Miss, had hers go all the way up her back just as she laid down to drink last bottle (my late child). Totally had to strip & wash, no option. Now what I have taught my older kids (all under 24 months mind you) is how to take a wipe and wash legs, hands & feet after we come inside from playing because we don't want dirt on the carpet lol. It's too cute because then they start taking wipes & trying to wash handprints off screen door (glass)
Snowmom 10:11 AM 08-29-2018
So, dcg diaper exploded a massive diarrhea blowout all over the playroom. It was not only on her clothes (and hands and hair I might add) but all over the rug... and of course the other kids stepped in it before I could get anything cleaned up.
It took me a half hour to get dcg cleaned up enough to put new clothes on, text mom & dad to get her then attempt carpet cleaning and other-kids cleaning.

Dad picks her up.

15 minutes later, my phone (ring camera) detects motion out front. HE'S PUSHING HER ON OUR OUTDOOR SWING.

WTF.

I told him she was covered in poo.

I swear people have no respect for anyone anymore.
amberrose3dg 10:14 AM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
So, dcg diaper exploded a massive diarrhea blowout all over the playroom. It was not only on her clothes (and hands and hair I might add) but all over the rug... and of course the other kids stepped in it before I could get anything cleaned up.
It took me a half hour to get dcg cleaned up enough to put new clothes on, text mom & dad to get her then attempt carpet cleaning and other-kids cleaning.

Dad picks her up.

15 minutes later, my phone (ring camera) detects motion out front. HE'S PUSHING HER ON OUR OUTDOOR SWING.

WTF.

Oh my goodness. He isn't very bright is he.
LysesKids 11:11 AM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:

Dad picks her up.

WTF.

Imagine if something had happened & you didn't have RING? I have the same Ring set up, and once a parent picks up, I better hear that motion sensor go off in front saying your car is off my property within 5 minutes ( some parents take longer to buckle in carseats than others); if not my neighbors will call me asking questions lol
amberrose3dg 03:43 AM 08-30-2018
Parents are really trying to test me. dcb 15 months breaks out in fever yesterday not eating and crying. Called for pick up. Mom takes to dr and is told "ear infection". Mom is upset he cannot come today. "I'll lose my job" First you knew he was sick told me when you picked up that he threw up the night before. You sent him anyway. Be lucky I do not terminate on the spot for lying. 24 fever free. You bring him back and he still has a fever he will go home again and the clock will start over.
dcm sends me passive aggressive messages at 9pm last night he has been fever free for 24 hours and will be at daycare tomorrow. Medication takes time to work. If she drops this kid off dose and drop she will be done here. She already did that on Tuesday and lied. She will find herself without daycare if that baby has a fever later today.
LysesKids 04:55 AM 08-30-2018
dcm sends me passive aggressive messages at 9pm last night he has been fever free for 24 hours and will be at daycare tomorrow. Medication takes time to work. If she drops this kid off dose and drop she will be done here. She already did that on Tuesday and lied. She will find herself without daycare if that baby has a fever later today.
And this is why I specifically ask what their back up plan is in cases of illness or emergency closings. If your power went out in a storm she's going to have to pick up too, I mean seriously. But dope & drop, not happening on my watch

I remember what happened in 2011 when the Derecho hit. I was trying to drive there that day from AR because my oldest daughter had been airlifted to Baltimore/Hopkins. No gasoline, ice or electric in numerous states for days
Cat Herder 07:28 AM 08-30-2018
"DS settles better when he arrives early, so he's one of the only kids there. He likes staying late, too, since he gets to play with the toys in peace, and gets a go at the toys in the toddler room as well."

"If DD was ever naughty, I used to threaten her with a day at home with me instead of daycare. Worked as a threat, so I know she loved it."

Why do I read parent blogs? Why?

Looking forward to her "Why don't my kids call or visit me" posts in 15 years.
amberrose3dg 08:53 AM 08-30-2018
And this is why I specifically ask what their back up plan is in cases of illness or emergency closings. If your power went out in a storm she's going to have to pick up too, I mean seriously. But dope & drop, not happening on my watch

I remember what happened in 2011 when the Derecho hit. I was trying to drive there that day from AR because my oldest daughter had been airlifted to Baltimore/Hopkins. No gasoline, ice or electric in numerous states for days
She is just one of those train wreck of a person. She told me tuesday when she picked up early that he puked the night before but had no fever. If i could prove it be out of here so fast her head would spin. Dad watched him so she had backup care. She doesn't like being told no.
So far hes been cranky but no fever.
amberrose3dg 08:57 AM 08-30-2018
"DS settles better when he arrives early, so he's one of the only kids there. He likes staying late, too, since he gets to play with the toys in peace, and gets a go at the toys in the toddler room as well."

"If DD was ever naughty, I used to threaten her with a day at home with me instead of daycare. Worked as a threat, so I know she loved it."

Why do I read parent blogs? Why?

Looking forward to her "Why don't my kids call or visit me" posts in 15 years.
bingo!
I really wonder what goes on in their heads.
LysesKids 06:24 AM 08-31-2018
not only didn't remember today was pay day, (All fees due today because the 1st landing on Saturday), but she didn't mark it on her calendar about Monday closing... it's only one of 6 Federal Holidays I close; I don't close on Veteran's day, Columbus etc, just the 6 Major ones., But how do you forget you owe monthly fees? She wanted to pay Tuesday... lady I have bills to pay & tomorrow morning is the only time I can make a deposit in order to pay bills due the 1st to the 5th (my work hrs are not banking hrs), plus my contract specifically states, no pay, you automatically become drop-in and must pay higher daily fees in order to keep care. She's not a happy person as her job is stressing her along with still moving from Atlanta to here.
Ac114 07:26 AM 08-31-2018
DCB 14 months woke up with red swollen eye yesterday. Mom takes him to urgent care and he had a stye. She just took the day off to stay home with him.

Shows up this morning and says doctor said to put a warm compress on his eye for 10-15 minutes every hour. He doesn’t sit for it so you may have to chase him around holding the washcloth.

Wtf? Do you think I have time for that. NOPE! Not happening. If it’s that important, keep him home and do it yourself.
amberrose3dg 09:31 AM 08-31-2018
not only didn't remember today was pay day, (All fees due today because the 1st landing on Saturday), but she didn't mark it on her calendar about Monday closing... it's only one of 6 Federal Holidays I close; I don't close on Veteran's day, Columbus etc, just the 6 Major ones., But how do you forget you owe monthly fees? She wanted to pay Tuesday... lady I have bills to pay & tomorrow morning is the only time I can make a deposit in order to pay bills due the 1st to the 5th (my work hrs are not banking hrs), plus my contract specifically states, no pay, you automatically become drop-in and must pay higher daily fees in order to keep care. She's not a happy person as her job is stressing her along with still moving from Atlanta to here.
Tuesday is late. I have had a lot of people scratch their head when I reminded them Monday was a holiday. You feel like telling them to pay or get out!
BumbleBee 10:39 AM 08-31-2018
Tuesday is late. I have had a lot of people scratch their head when I reminded them Monday was a holiday. You feel like telling them to pay or get out!
So far I've 'surprised' 3 families with a 'sudden' closure on Monday.

'Sudden' meaning the closure schedule that went home with every kid in January, posted as a pinned post on the daycare Facebook page, and a printed copy on the parent board.
amberrose3dg 10:40 AM 08-31-2018
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
So far I've 'surprised' 3 families with a 'sudden' closure on Monday.

'Sudden' meaning the closure schedule that went home with every kid in January, posted as a pinned post on the daycare Facebook page, and a printed copy on the parent board.
Plus it is labor day, duh!
LysesKids 11:51 AM 08-31-2018
Heck one of my kids is getting 4 day weekend so I don't even have all kids today... 2 of my 3 families paid last night just so they didn't have to remember by pick up today lol
BumbleBee 03:44 PM 08-31-2018
Surprised another one.
daycarediva 11:23 AM 09-04-2018
turned my DC cell on this morning to messages from 6/18 families. "ARE YOU OPEN?"

Dh and I thought ahead and put the gate up on the driveway with the pin code for family only. Nice try. It was funny watching the replay of the video camera when they tried to drop off and got stopped 1/2 way up the driveway though.
MomBoss 11:57 AM 09-04-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
turned my DC cell on this morning to messages from 6/18 families. "ARE YOU OPEN?"

Dh and I thought ahead and put the gate up on the driveway with the pin code for family only. Nice try. It was funny watching the replay of the video camera when they tried to drop off and got stopped 1/2 way up the driveway though.
Its funny how when parents stumble across these situations, insted of it triggering the thought "oh yeah I forgot she said shes closed today"..they think you forgot to unlock the gate.
The locked gate MUST mean you forgot. Lol.
amberrose3dg 03:23 PM 09-04-2018
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
Its funny how when parents stumble across these situations, insted of it triggering the thought "oh yeah I forgot she said shes closed today"..they think you forgot to unlock the gate.
The locked gate MUST mean you forgot. Lol.
Oh my. Sad thing is most of them probably didnt even have to work.
amberrose3dg 04:12 AM 09-05-2018
Oh my. Sad thing is most of them probably didnt even have to work.
Parents ugh!
Parent#1 was part time with an infant. Asked to go full time. Now the last two weeks child has only been coming 3 days a week. I'm sure shes gonna think she doesn't have to pay full time rate. If that happens shes out of here. I'm not doing back and forth with her. Plus million of other issues why I would terminate the second she pulls that.
Parent#2 doesnt bring her kid Thursday or Friday and no text at all. Does not show up yesterday or text. I send a message yesterday saying look your daycare services will be terminated if i don't hear back from you. 10 minutes later she responds he will be here tomorrow. Shows up at 601am when his drop off time is 630am. No money and no explanation as to why shes been ignoring me. I gave her notice decided it is not a good fit.
What is it with these parents lately?
Today is also my birthday. I do not need your crap today.
LysesKids 05:20 AM 09-05-2018
Parents ugh!
Parent#1 was part time with an infant. Asked to go full time. Now the last two weeks child has only been coming 3 days a week. I'm sure shes gonna think she doesn't have to pay full time rate. If that happens shes out of here. I'm not doing back and forth with her. Plus million of other issues why I would terminate the second she pulls that.
Parent#2 doesnt bring her kid Thursday or Friday and no text at all. Does not show up yesterday or text. I send a message yesterday saying look your daycare services will be terminated if i don't hear back from you. 10 minutes later she responds he will be here tomorrow. Shows up at 601am when his drop off time is 630am. No money and no explanation as to why shes been ignoring me. I gave her notice decided it is not a good fit.
What is it with these parents lately?
I totally get it... this week has been frustrating for me too; Happy Birthday to you and me ; Hopefully you still have an oven that works - mine blew up Sunday & repair is only $100 less than buying new according to the appliance guy - the darn thing isn't even 5 years old yet, plus I have a kidney infection.
storybookending 06:37 AM 09-05-2018
First bad check from a daycare parent. Forgot checkbook last week and wrote me a check from their newish business account. Bounced and I got a $12 fee as well. I have in my contract that’s theyvare reaponsible for all fees accociated with bad checks and I’m sure it isn’t going to be an issue but now I have to have that awkward conversation.
Blackcat31 06:51 AM 09-05-2018
Happy Birthday!!!

Originally Posted by storybookending:
First bad check from a daycare parent. Forgot checkbook last week and wrote me a check from their newish business account. Bounced and I got a $12 fee as well. I have in my contract that’s theyvare reaponsible for all fees accociated with bad checks and I’m sure it isn’t going to be an issue but now I have to have that awkward conversation.
I send out a quick note/e-mail as if it was just an over site.
It makes it easier to put the exact amount due in the note as well so there is no question about what is owed. I just handle it as "business" and it removes the awkward part of it all together.

DCP,

Oh-Oh, it looks like your bank is having issues with your new account. The check you wrote as payment for 8/20/18 to 8/30/18 was returned. Please submit this payment in cash NO LATER than today at 5:00PM. Please remember to add the $20 return check fee as well as $40 ($10 per day) late fees for a total of $210. Thank you!

LysesKids 07:33 AM 09-05-2018
I personally don't have time to deal with checks just because of working hrs; it's why I take cash & CC on Square app only... I like BC's wording for this incident. If it happens again I would say fees are Cash only due to checks not clearing
amberrose3dg 07:54 AM 09-05-2018
Happy Birthday!!!

[/i]
Thank you!
storybookending 08:20 AM 09-05-2018
Happy Birthday!!!

I send out a quick note/e-mail as if it was just an over site.
It makes it easier to put the exact amount due in the note as well so there is no question about what is owed. I just handle it as "business" and it removes the awkward part of it all together.

DCP,

Oh-Oh, it looks like your bank is having issues with your new account. The check you wrote as payment for 8/20/18 to 8/30/18 was returned. Please submit this payment in cash NO LATER than today at 5:00PM. Please remember to add the $20 return check fee as well as $40 ($10 per day) late fees for a total of $210. Thank you!
This is great! I ended up contacting the bank and it wasn’t the new account it was their personal account. I just sent a text with the details basically as described and that I would need the funds covered at pick up along with the $12 fee my bank charged me as that is what I have in the contract. I don’t have late payment fees in my contract as it hasn’t been an issue but this is something I have been thinking about adding to future contracts. What’s that saying “I didn’t have the policy until something happened”. Haha. Family has their last day next Monday so not too worried about future.

As for not taking checks anymore most of my families switched over to Venmo a couple months ago. All except this family because they were planning on moving and I said I was okay with checks as it would only be another 2 months tops and the family of my 1 year old that do not own smartphones. There was a disclaimer on the Venmo site that payments made online were going away and would have to be on the app at the time of the switch.. not sure if that actually happened or not. I think I’m going to require Venmo for new enrollments.
amberrose3dg 08:45 AM 09-05-2018
This is great! I ended up contacting the bank and it wasn’t the new account it was their personal account. I just sent a text with the details basically as described and that I would need the funds covered at pick up along with the $12 fee my bank charged me as that is what I have in the contract. I don’t have late payment fees in my contract as it hasn’t been an issue but this is something I have been thinking about adding to future contracts. What’s that saying “I didn’t have the policy until something happened”. Haha. Family has their last day next Monday so not too worried about future.

As for not taking checks anymore most of my families switched over to Venmo a couple months ago. All except this family because they were planning on moving and I said I was okay with checks as it would only be another 2 months tops and the family of my 1 year old that do not own smartphones. There was a disclaimer on the Venmo site that payments made online were going away and would have to be on the app at the time of the switch.. not sure if that actually happened or not. I think I’m going to require Venmo for new enrollments.
I hope they weren't trying to skip out on you since their check bounced.
Blackcat31 08:54 AM 09-05-2018
I think I’m going to require Venmo for new enrollments.
I left the option of paying by check in my contract but added a $10 fee for each check. So if a family chooses to pay via check and their rate is $150 a week, they need to write the check for $160. The fee covers my time to deposit etc...

All but one family figured out how to pay via electronic transfers in order to avoid the additional costs.

The one family that decided to continue paying via check does so simply because they are lazy...the $10 fee makes no difference to them but is enough compensation for me to deal with it so win-win for both sides...
storybookending 10:30 AM 09-05-2018
I hope they weren't trying to skip out on you since their check bounced.
Mom actually brought it by on her lunch break in cash. She feels awful. I only work with families I know personally (which comes with its own challenges but I do prefer) so I know they aren’t like that. Mom was super embarrassed and apologetic. She went ahead and just gave me cash for the bounced check + fees and paid for this current week and the 2 days he has left (only attending one) of his two week notice.

I like that extra $10 fee BC. I learn so much here.
amberrose3dg 10:35 AM 09-05-2018
Mom actually brought it by on her lunch break in cash. She feels awful. I only work with families I know personally (which comes with its own challenges but I do prefer) so I know they aren’t like that. Mom was super embarrassed and apologetic. She went ahead and just gave me cash for the bounced check + fees and paid for this current week and the 2 days he has left (only attending one) of his two week notice.

I like that extra $10 fee BC. I learn so much here.
That's good, I been so jaded by people lately I always expect the worse.
storybookending 10:54 AM 09-05-2018
That's good, I been so jaded by people lately I always expect the worse.
Ugh I know the feeling. I have been toying with the idea of going to a teacher only type of daycare that runs in oridience with the school year. Or families willing and able to follow a school year schedule. Basically they’d pay more a week than I charge now but still considerably less than many centers around here and not be contracted in the summers but optional half days during summer school. Basically I could make around the same amount of money but be off so much more but this would mean working with clients I have no previous relationship with which I have my reservations about. Idk a lot to think about. I wouldn’t be terming any current families just slowly replacing with teachers as they age out. I have a lot of teacher friends that will be starting their families in the next few years do something to consider. I’ve also thought about staying year round but focusing solely on the +2 crowd. Maybe I’ll stay with what I’m doing idk lol
Indoorvoice 04:42 AM 09-06-2018
Ugh I know the feeling. I have been toying with the idea of going to a teacher only type of daycare that runs in oridience with the school year. Or families willing and able to follow a school year schedule. Basically they’d pay more a week than I charge now but still considerably less than many centers around here and not be contracted in the summers but optional half days during summer school. Basically I could make around the same amount of money but be off so much more but this would mean working with clients I have no previous relationship with which I have my reservations about. Idk a lot to think about. I wouldn’t be terming any current families just slowly replacing with teachers as they age out. I have a lot of teacher friends that will be starting their families in the next few years do something to consider. I’ve also thought about staying year round but focusing solely on the +2 crowd. Maybe I’ll stay with what I’m doing idk lol
I'm in the process of switching to all teachers. I have one non teacher family that I stay open for in the summer but only 3 days a week. It has worked out great so far.
amberrose3dg 04:58 AM 09-06-2018
Same here. Next summer I'll only have like 5 or 6 kids instead of 12. I'm eventually going to only before/after care. Next school year most my littles going off to prek and only have like 3 or 4 during the day.
Miss A 07:50 AM 09-06-2018
14 inches of rain in 12 days, and today is the first day we have seen the sun. It is 56° at almost 10AM, and the forecast says we will be low to mid 60's for a high.

So why on earth did DCM send DCB in shorts and a t-shirt?!? For goodness sake parents, do you job and dress your kids in weather appropriate clothing!!!
MomBoss 07:57 AM 09-07-2018
Why do children repeat something until you aknowlege them? "Teacher the light is off, teacher the light is off, teacher the light is off..." 20 more times later..
"OK!"
ugh drives me crazy! Lol. Im standing right next to you, i heard you the first time. One time I wanted to see how long he would do it, 10 min later i finally had to aknowlege him before i went crazy.
Same child narrates his entire life.
"Im running" "im sitting down" "im getting a book" "im putting my shoes on".
Every move he makes, he has to say it.
Josiegirl 09:18 AM 09-07-2018
Why do children repeat something until you aknowlege them? "Teacher the light is off, teacher the light is off, teacher the light is off..." 20 more times later..
"OK!"
ugh drives me crazy! Lol. Im standing right next to you, i heard you the first time. One time I wanted to see how long he would do it, 10 min later i finally had to aknowlege him before i went crazy.
Same child narrates his entire life.
"Im running" "im sitting down" "im getting a book" "im putting my shoes on".
Every move he makes, he has to say it.
Or 'watch this' 'watch this' 'watch me do this' 'watch this' or if he's talking to other dck, he'll keep saying her name until she actually answers him. And I wouldn't be surprised if he did it for 10 minutes but not sure if I'd snap first or the dcg he's usually talking to would snap first.
Miss A 06:49 AM 09-10-2018
Its 45° this morning. High's in the mid 60's forecasted. Same DCM and DCB as 2 posts ago. DCB arrived in shorts and a T- shirt again, with no coat. DCM also carried in cough medicine, as DCB has a deep, chesty cough. Seriously DCM, dress your kid in weather appropriate clothing, supply proper outdoor gear, and maybe then your kid wouldn't be sick so early in the season! Ugh. Some parents.
LysesKids 09:19 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by Miss A:
Its 45° this morning. High's in the mid 60's forecasted. Same DCM and DCB as 2 posts ago. DCB arrived in shorts and a T- shirt again, with no coat. DCM also carried in cough medicine, as DCB has a deep, chesty cough. Seriously DCM, dress your kid in weather appropriate clothing, supply proper outdoor gear, and maybe then your kid wouldn't be sick so early in the season! Ugh. Some parents.
Nope, I would send chesty cough home - I don't give meds unless it's life threatening like EPI
Kimskiddos 09:42 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by Miss A:
Nope, I would send chesty cough home - I don't give meds unless it's life threatening like EPI
Plus at pickup today tell Mom kiddo needs to come prepared for the day with appropriate clothing. That if it happens again they will be sent back home to get proper clothing for the weather.

It is sometimes ridiculous how much parenting the grown ups need!
amberrose3dg 10:03 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos:
Plus at pickup today tell Mom kiddo needs to come prepared for the day with appropriate clothing. That if it happens again they will be sent back home to get proper clothing for the weather.

It is sometimes ridiculous how much parenting the grown ups need!
Very true! Parents are my current stressor.
gumdrops 12:31 PM 09-10-2018
Not a vent, more of an annoyance. Since DCG was 1, she has been sticking her hand in her moms shirt at pick up. I get it, she's BF and she hasn't seen mom all day. She is now 18 months old, still sticks her hand in moms shirt, says "boobies...boobies" mom just laughs and lets her keep her hand in there. It really bothers me. I've never BF, so maybe it's normal, but I have never seen this before. I think it's the fact that mom allows her to keep her hand in her shirt while she's talking to me. Last week, she had her breast half exposed from DCG's hand pulling on her shirt. I don't think the other parents would appreciate their kids seeing that. I would understand if she was nursing and was partially exposed, but she's just standing in my entry way talking to me like no big deal.
happymom 02:24 PM 09-10-2018
I washed a board book.
My washing machine and all my clothes are a wreck.

Plus my board book is ruined.
amberrose3dg 03:40 AM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by gumdrops:
Not a vent, more of an annoyance. Since DCG was 1, she has been sticking her hand in her moms shirt at pick up. I get it, she's BF and she hasn't seen mom all day. She is now 18 months old, still sticks her hand in moms shirt, says "boobies...boobies" mom just laughs and lets her keep her hand in there. It really bothers me. I've never BF, so maybe it's normal, but I have never seen this before. I think it's the fact that mom allows her to keep her hand in her shirt while she's talking to me. Last week, she had her breast half exposed from DCG's hand pulling on her shirt. I don't think the other parents would appreciate their kids seeing that. I would understand if she was nursing and was partially exposed, but she's just standing in my entry way talking to me like no big deal.
Sure I will be flamed for saying this but when a kid can say boobies imo it is time to stop.
Ac114 07:33 AM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by gumdrops:

There is nothing sexual about a breast besides what America has made them. The WHO recommends breastfeeding until the age of 2. Most countries breastfeed anywhere from 2-4 as the normal age before self weaning.

Breastfed babies will indeed play with boobs as non breastfed babies play with bottles.
Annalee 09:48 AM 09-11-2018
There is nothing sexual about a breast besides what America has made them. The WHO recommends breastfeeding until the age of 2. Most countries breastfeed anywhere from 2-4 as the normal age before self weaning.

Breastfed babies will indeed play with boobs as non breastfed babies play with bottles.
There a couple moms breast-feeding that I go to church with and they use those wrap/covers when they nurse. Their kids are getting so big/old that the kids are rolling on their moms laps back and forth up under the wrap to eat....It doesn't bother me but it is kinda funny to watch. I think if my sons as babies had done that it would have annoyed me. ...I was always "you eat, then you are done" just like with a bottle, I couldn't handle the constant back and forth game
LysesKids 01:24 AM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by Annalee:
There a couple moms breast-feeding that I go to church with and they use those wrap/covers when they nurse. Their kids are getting so big/old that the kids are rolling on their moms laps back and forth up under the wrap to eat....It doesn't bother me but it is kinda funny to watch. I think if my sons as babies had done that it would have annoyed me. ...I was always "you eat, then you are done" just like with a bottle, I couldn't handle the constant back and forth game
Yep, had a few of those moms in my daycare... still BF at almost 2, mom walks in & first thing kid needs comfort nursing before they can leave. I accommodate it because I am so small & all my kids age out by 24 months. Now I will be selling off everything because I have to close for good this week
Blackcat31 06:20 AM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by happymom:
I washed a board book.
My washing machine and all my clothes are a wreck.

Plus my board book is ruined.
Ugh! that sucks....

I wash Kleenex all the time

Picking tiny bits of stuff out of the washing machine sucks.

Hopefully it is an easily replaceable board book.
Deemcs 11:24 AM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
Oh boy!

Hmm let's see. Today I was hit 3 times and threatened with a rather large block. (To which I said "Don't You DARE!") All by the same child.

Where do these kids come from?

Thankfully my co-worker came to my rescue (she has been hit by same child as well).

I went home and had a banana split. If this kid keeps it up I'm going to be as big as a house!

MomBoss 11:58 AM 09-14-2018
Was throwing up last night. My first thought was “who brought their child to daycare after throwing up?!”
amberrose3dg 02:53 AM 09-17-2018
Was throwing up last night. My first thought was “who brought their child to daycare after throwing up?!”
These parents now days are the worst.
I told parents interviewing in August that I would be closed the 14th for a wedding. I had a parent not pay last week told her of the fees and she was late. She is trying to argue that I closed last minute on her
No lady you were told twice. You just chose not to pay attention. I am done letting people walk all over me. She then says she will pay daily as she looks for a new daycare. There is a two week notice required for daycare so you will not be bringing your child to me until you find a replacement.
Unregistered 08:08 AM 09-17-2018
My daycare is in out downstairs, parents walk through our upstairs and come down. I have this one mom who does the weirdest things sometimes!
She lets her child jump on our couch with his shoes on. I have to tell him to get down, because she will not do it. We are putting in a wood stove and my husband just got the platform done for it this weekend and she tells me as they are coming down the stairs, "Oh, dcb thinks that his platform! He's playing on it and dancing around!"
UM, why are you allowing your child to do that!?
I told her I didn't know if the grout was dry so he can't be on it (I asked my husband if it was dry, good thing it was!) I just don't understand why she would think that was appropriate.
Grrr. I would never allow my children to jump on someone else's couch or play on something that is clearly not meant for playing on.
Thanks for letting me vent!!
amberrose3dg 09:28 AM 09-17-2018
My daycare is in out downstairs, parents walk through our upstairs and come down. I have this one mom who does the weirdest things sometimes!
She lets her child jump on our couch with his shoes on. I have to tell him to get down, because she will not do it. We are putting in a wood stove and my husband just got the platform done for it this weekend and she tells me as they are coming down the stairs, "Oh, dcb thinks that his platform! He's playing on it and dancing around!"
I told her I didn't know if the grout was dry so he can't be on it (I asked my husband if it was dry, good thing it was!) I just don't understand why she would think that was appropriate.
Grrr. I would never allow my children to jump on someone else's couch or play on something that is clearly not meant for playing on.
Wow very disrespectful!
Cat Herder 10:27 AM 09-17-2018
Oops! Unable to save information. Please give it another try!
and on and on and on and on

So sick of this.
Ac114 01:20 PM 09-17-2018
I would be so mad. Idk why parents don’t think at all. I have a mom who puts her child’s shoes on my kitchen table everyday and everyday I take them off the table and put them where hey belong. It’s so gross.
Blackcat31 02:17 PM 09-17-2018

So sick of this.
KidKare?

I've been waiting in queue FOREVAH!

You are currently number 10 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 23 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 05 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 14 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 39 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 03 in line. Thank you for your patience

Yes, the current number keeps changing....

If I do finally get connected, I won't be very pleasant to deal with as my customer satisfaction level is dwindling fast.
Faster than my number is coming up in queue.
sharlan 02:51 PM 09-17-2018
I hate delivery people.

Just kicked Lowes delivery out of my house.

Guy came to the door, introduced himself, asked to see where the washer was going.

THEN told me, before walking 5 feet, you have to sign this waiver for your walls and staircase. We are going to use a dolly and we will be hitting your walls at the turns.

Uh, hell, no! Lowes can have someone else install it.

(This will be the 3rd washer in 13 years and they've used the 2 man straps each time.)

He suggested I cancel the order and go buy from Best Buy.

I politely told him to reload the washer and I would call Lowes.

I am not giving them carte blanche to hit my walls.
Josiegirl 01:40 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I hate delivery people.

Just kicked Lowes delivery out of my house.

Guy came to the door, introduced himself, asked to see where the washer was going.

THEN told me, before walking 5 feet, you have to sign this waiver for your walls and staircase. We are going to use a dolly and we will be hitting your walls at the turns.

Uh, hell, no! Lowes can have someone else install it.

(This will be the 3rd washer in 13 years and they've used the 2 man straps each time.)

He suggested I cancel the order and go buy from Best Buy.

I politely told him to reload the washer and I would call Lowes.

I am not giving them carte blanche to hit my walls.
I bought my fridge from Lowes this past Christmas season. They never made me sign anything but by the time they had the fridge in place, there were marks on my floor. I never said anything because my kitchen floor is old and a mess anyways but if my floor had been in decent shape, I'd have been pi$$ed. Good for you for speaking up!

Oh and Best Buy?? My dd had a run-in with their tech dept. a few years back. She brought her computer in to have it fixed, they messed it up worse but charged her $100, took forever, and tried to make her sign a paper saying she was happy with their service before they'd return it to her. She refused to sign anything and was so angry. She paid the money so they still gave it back to her.
Cat Herder 07:09 AM 09-18-2018
KidKare?

I've been waiting in queue FOREVAH!

You are currently number 10 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 23 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 05 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 14 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 39 in line. Thank you for your patience
You are currently number 03 in line. Thank you for your patience

Yes, the current number keeps changing....

If I do finally get connected, I won't be very pleasant to deal with as my customer satisfaction level is dwindling fast.
Faster than my number is coming up in queue.
How did you guess.

Thank you for your patience. I hate customer service calls. Spent the entire naptime yesterday arguing with my insurance company that yes, they did need information from me to continue my claim. I had three notices, all mailed the same day to me , stating that was what was holding up payment of my primary care physician. Could not get the employee to grasp that I needed them to either ask me what they needed or approve the claim, either/or. I really did not care which, just needed movement. Three employees and an hour and a half later I was given a reference number and told to contact my doctor to have them submit again?? You know, the employee that did their job right the first time and the client who pays for their service. We have to do the work.
amberrose3dg 09:11 AM 09-18-2018
How did you guess.

Thank you for your patience. I hate customer service calls. Spent the entire naptime yesterday arguing with my insurance company that yes, they did need information from me to continue my claim. I had three notices, all mailed the same day to me , stating that was what was holding up payment of my primary care physician. Could not get the employee to grasp that I needed them to either ask me what they needed or approve the claim, either/or. I really did not care which, just needed movement. Three employees and an hour and a half later I was given a reference number and told to contact my doctor to have them submit again?? You know, the employee that did their job right the first time and the client who pays for their service. We have to do the work.
Just had to type up 3 letters for non-payment and send them certified mail. There are some entitled parents out there these days.
Cat Herder 09:42 AM 09-18-2018
Just had to type up 3 letters for non-payment and send them certified mail. There are some entitled parents out there these days.
Oh, no. Sorry. Not a great start to the holiday season. At all. Fingers crossed all with be resolved before Halloween.
daycarediva 11:12 AM 09-18-2018

So sick of this.
I am 18 days into KidKare and I HATE IT SO MUCH!

FP is using it now, and there is a disgruntled provider meeting tomorrow. I'm going. If enough of us threaten to abandon ship, they'll let us go back to paper and pen, right??
Cat Herder 11:20 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I am 18 days into KidKare and I HATE IT SO MUCH!

FP is using it now, and there is a disgruntled provider meeting tomorrow. I'm going. If enough of us threaten to abandon ship, they'll let us go back to paper and pen, right??
If it were not for the fact it makes tax preparation so crazy easy for me I would have already flown the coop. I wish they'd give us the choice to stay with MMK-Pro. I am not even on the food program, I am private pay.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57  ... Last
Reply Up