Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Letter To Parents About New Contract
juliebug 09:51 AM 07-07-2013
here is a letter i hope to be sending out to parents on monday please let me know if there is any thing you would change or write out better. Writing letters is my weak point.

Dear Parents,
The state has implemented new rules for childcare. Because of these new rules I must update my contract. Please carefully read over the new contract. Some areas of change are, rates, disaster plan, daily Schedule, personal belonging, vacations, termination, and medical contact. The new contracts will be effective starting Aug 12th 2013. I have provided you with 2 contracts, one is for you to keep and one to return filled out. If you feel you no longer wish to have your child in my care please inform me no later than Monday July 29th 2013.
Blackcat31 01:57 PM 07-07-2013
I am assuming that your contract will explain some of the new rules the state has changed/implemented?

If not, I would consider mentioning the new change compared to how you previously did things and how you are now going to meet the new rules.

Your letter sounds nice enough and to the point. I would think that parents would come to you if they have additional questions....

Maybe include that in the letter... something like "If you have any questions about these changes, please feel free to contact me at any time" Maybe add that before you say the part about giving notice if they want to leave.
juliebug 05:15 PM 07-07-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am assuming that your contract will explain some of the new rules the state has changed/implemented?

If not, I would consider mentioning the new change compared to how you previously did things and how you are now going to meet the new rules.

Your letter sounds nice enough and to the point. I would think that parents would come to you if they have additional questions....

Maybe include that in the letter... something like "If you have any questions about these changes, please feel free to contact me at any time" Maybe add that before you say the part about giving notice if they want to leave.
yes my contract has all the new rules. i am woundering if i should just leave out the part about leaving
racemom 06:35 PM 07-07-2013
I would maybe change it to say please return the signed contract by July 29 to continue care under the new contract. Instead of mentioning leaving, and then if you don't recieve a signed contract you can ask their plans.
kathiemarie 06:39 PM 07-07-2013
Originally Posted by racemom:
I would maybe change it to say please return the signed contract by July 29 to continue care under the new contract. Instead of mentioning leaving, and then if you don't recieve a signed contract you can ask their plans.

juliebug 06:44 PM 07-07-2013
Originally Posted by racemom:
That is what i did sounds soo much better!
here is the new updated letter.

Dear Parents,
This year the state has implemented new rules for childcare. Due to these new rules our contract must be updated. Please carefully read over the new contract. Some areas of change are rates, disaster plan, daily Schedule, personal belonging, vacations, termination, and medical contact. The state now requires many new training classes. The state also requires me to give you a disaster plan and daily schedule; I have provided these in the new contract. The new contracts will be effective starting Aug 12th 2013. I have provided you with 2 contracts, one is for you to keep and one to return filled out. If you have any questions about these changes, please feel free to contact me at any time. Please return the contract by Monday July 29th 2013.
Blackcat31 07:17 PM 07-07-2013
Originally Posted by juliebug:
yes my contract has all the new rules. i am woundering if i should just leave out the part about leaving

I like the suggestion racemom made. Makes it sound more positive.
Reply Up