Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Please Read
lovemylife 11:34 AM 09-18-2013
First off I want to apologize for what happened last night!!!

I had some people over last night and one of them decided to post on here. Either to stir up trouble or as a joke. I had no idea until this morning when I tried to get on. I then created another username so I could find out why I was banned. I talked to Blackcat and I figured out what happened.

Again I am so sorry and I really hope no one is mad at me!
Michael 11:36 AM 09-18-2013
We run a pretty tight ship here. Suggest you password protect your gear.
lovemylife 11:38 AM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by Michael:
We run a pretty tight ship here. Suggest you password protect your gear.
I have now!!!
Thank you!
littlemissmuffet 12:07 PM 09-18-2013
Really?

I understand that you are embarassed - and you should be - but please don't patronize the members here by giving some bs apology and excusing your childish behavior by blaming someone else.

You and your supposed rude guest were commenting within minutes of eachother on the same thread... (8:17pm, 8:20pm). Also, interesting that you and your supposed rude guest have identical styles of writing.

Just stop.
lovemylife 12:51 PM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
Really?

I understand that you are embarassed - and you should be - but please don't patronize the members here by giving some bs apology and excusing your childish behavior by blaming someone else.

You and your supposed rude guest were commenting within minutes of eachother on the same thread... (8:17pm, 8:20pm). Also, interesting that you and your supposed rude guest have identical styles of writing.

Just stop.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I can not make anyone believe me but I know it is the truth. Which is why I tried so hard to get my username unbanned. All I can do is try to earn trust! Because I am a good person and if given time maybe You and others will see that.
TheGoodLife 03:05 PM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by lovemylife:
I'm sorry you feel that way. I can not make anyone believe me but I know it is the truth. Which is why I tried so hard to get my username unbanned. All I can do is try to earn trust! Because I am a good person and if given time maybe You and others will see that.
WOW, I got a good laugh over the whole thing when I was reading it yesterday (very obviously fake) but that was pretty silly to do as a registered user and not a troll. This is a respectful forum and it's sad to have actual members here act so hard to rile people up and cause trouble!
Willow 03:53 PM 09-18-2013
Really?

Just stop.

Genuine ownership and an apology is one thing to consider, lying however, implies a completely different intent....

It insults the intelligence of everyone here.
Willow 03:57 PM 09-18-2013
I know I never will.

At least until you decide to be honest.

The truth is incredibly obvious based on your writing style and the fact that "your account" logged in and out several times during the thread.

I can get over the ridiculousness, but can never trust a liar. If you don't tell the truth my bet is there will be a load of users who will block you, and you won't be left with many that'll be willing to converse with you.

Take a deep breath, and just get it out.
lovemylife 04:43 PM 09-18-2013
I have been honest. I'm sorry you guys don't believe me. If it was me, why would I come back? Why would I set myself up to be "yelled" at and put down? That to me doesn't make sense. I will go ahead and move on. Thank you for your time and advice on things.
Willow 04:47 PM 09-18-2013
I have been honest. I'm sorry you guys don't believe me. If it was me, why would I come back? Why would I set myself up to be "yelled" at and put down? That to me doesn't make sense. I will go ahead and move on. Thank you for your time and advice on things.
Can you explain how the styles are the exact same?

Or how the "troll" was able to log in and out and post under your name within minutes of each other?

Or how you had no idea the people in your home would do such a thing? Who was it anyway? Friends? Relatives? And why they were able to access your computer for that long without you knowing?

Can you see why there are people who are skeptical?
daycare 04:54 PM 09-18-2013
I do want to believe you. But I guess my only question would be how did your guest know the password to your daycare.com account to be able to log in and out?

If someone else did it, please do ask Michael and lock your stuff up. If you did do it, just be honest with yourself. If you can do that then we can forgive.

I hope that things get better for you soon.
blandino 05:29 PM 09-18-2013
Really?

Just stop.
I am normally pretty forgiving. However Little Miss Muffet has a valid point. Posting at both 8:17 & 8:20 indicates something different. Maybe, possibly, if a different computer were used that could explain it - but that also doesn't make sense with your story.

I think most members believe that it was you who posted both. Regardless, even from the stand point that you did act as the troll, your willingness to come back and apologize indicates that this forum is important to you, and I would have a hard time cutting someone off from a social circle/outlet that means so much to them - so much that they would cause drama just for entertainment's sake. Clearly, if someone was to do that, they are clearly seeking interaction. So, I will respond in the same way whether it was or was not you.
Unregistered 05:36 PM 09-18-2013
No harm was done & some entertainment was had. Thinking most of us suspected it was a joke or a troll. We made the choice to take the bait or not.
Childminder 06:28 PM 09-18-2013
I find it sad that you have so little of value in your life that you feel the need to try and create drama . I feel sorry for you.

That being said it was the best laugh I've had in a long time.
sahm1225 06:33 PM 09-18-2013
I think everyone would've had a bigger laugh if you just admitted during the post that you were just teasing or having fun. Reminding us that it could always be worse...
Familycare71 07:16 PM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
I think everyone would've had a bigger laugh if you just admitted during the post that you were just teasing or having fun. Reminding us that it could always be worse...

MyAngels 07:21 PM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by Childminder:
I find it sad that you have so little of value in your life that you feel the need to try and create drama . I feel sorry for you.

That being said it was the best laugh I've had in a long time.
It did get pretty funny, didn't it?

I find the apology disingenuous at best.
preschoolteacher 08:30 PM 09-18-2013
I have to admit, the drama posts on this forum are usually the most interesting... but in this profession, drama comes naturally...so no need to fake it!

I think the OP learned quickly (1) what a troll is and (2) how people feel about trolls. I don't think her intent was to make anyone mad. I'd say it was either boredom, curiosity, or maybe--just maybe--some annoying behavior from her friends. In any case, keep posting on here OP, in the right way, and I am sure it will be forgotten about soon enough.
mamac 10:22 PM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:
Can you explain how the styles are the exact same?
Or how the "troll" was able to log in and out and post under your name within minutes of each other?

Or how you had no idea the people in your home would do such a thing? Who was it anyway? Friends? Relatives? And why they were able to access your computer for that long without you knowing?

Can you see why there are people who are skeptical?

Not only were the styles the same, her "friends" used the exact same phrases as she did in other threads. "Wow! Just wow!" was also used in the Craigslist thread.

Definitely trying to save by lying about what happened. No way was this an apology.
daycarediva 07:54 AM 09-19-2013
Based on the facts with the log in/out identical IP's, I find your apology in poor taste, as it is essentially just another lie.
lovemylife 08:37 AM 09-19-2013
IP address the same due to all devices in the same house are under the same IP address. I have checked.

For the wow! Just wow comment. As you can see that was my profile, I wrote that.

I was the hostess, making food and beverages for the guests. I was not monitoring them because I thought they were my friends and I could trust them.

As for the writing styles. She was my best friend since middle school. So yes after years of emailing, texting, hanging out and talking. We do have similar styles. So I can see why you would think that.

She never logged into my account. She was posting as unregistered. I now have passwords on all of our devices.

This forum was very important to me. Which is why all day Wednesday I was extremely sad and hurt by all of and the comments made. It was a place were I could talk to other providers and have someone who understands what happens in this business. Since my husband, friends and family do not understand.

I do have a lot of value in my life!

When it was me posting in the kitchen I was laughing! It was funny at the time until the next morning. My husband had a good laugh too!

I think I answered to everyone comments. I appreciate those of you who were semi respectful and nice.

I still stand by my previous comment. If I had done it why did I try so hard to come back? Knowing I would face judgement! Because at that point I was willing to face it because I know the truth. I have moved somewhere else. I don't feel like arguing, trying to get into a clique.

Thank you!
Lucy 11:25 AM 09-19-2013
How gullible do you think we are? I would say that this is the funniest thing I've read in a long time, but in the big picture, it's not funny, it's sad. If you were bored, read a book. Do a puzzle. Take a walk. Call a friend. Why come on here and stir **** up just for your jollies? Good grief. Get a life. Get some help.
craftymissbeth 11:35 AM 09-19-2013
My goodness... I understand how upsetting it can be for a stranger on the internet to troll you, but come on.

We are a community here on this forum, but there will always be that random person who shows up just to start drama. It is what it is. If you feel you can no longer trust this person then simply do not reply to their posts. Besides, what reason is there to "trust" the posters on an Internet forum?

Yes, there is a real person behind all of our screen names, but I'm sure not everyone here is who they say they are... KWIM?

I'm certainly not defending OP, but there aren't any good reasons to be so upset about what they did.
blandino 11:36 AM 09-19-2013
I am sorry, but I just can't get on board with your story. If you were the hostess, you stopped within minutes of prepping food and drinks to check the boards & post while you had company ?

I think the best route here would be to apologize and move on.
momofsix 11:37 AM 09-19-2013
I really didn't want to respond to this thread...but grrrrr, here I am.
OK, what happened was wrong-no matter which story we believe. Some of us got suckered in, some just had a laugh. For some, like Michael and the mods, it created a whole bunch of extra work-they are the ones I'm angry for-not really anyone else.
Yes, a trust was broken, but no one sent her any money and was defrauded, she didn't "hurt" anyone physically or emotionally. I think people might be going just a little overboard in their anger. In the grand scheme of things "I" don't see this as that much of a biggie-I've had much worse things be done to me personally whether intentionally or not, you pick up the pieces and life goes on.... Life is a whole lot less stressful if you learn to let go and forgive.
momofsix 11:38 AM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
My goodness... I understand how upsetting it can be for a stranger on the internet to troll you, but come on.

We are a community here on this forum, but there will always be that random person who shows up just to start drama. It is what it is. If you feel you can no longer trust this person then simply do not reply to their posts. Besides, what reason is there to "trust" the posters on an Internet forum?

Yes, there is a real person behind all of our screen names, but I'm sure not everyone here is who they say they are... KWIM?

I'm certainly not defending OP, but there aren't any good reasons to be so upset about what they did.
I agree wholeheartedly!
Angelmichelle 11:41 AM 09-19-2013
At the risk of being nosey, what am I missing here?
Lucy 11:42 AM 09-19-2013

I get what you're saying... Be nice, she's a person with feelings, and all that... But I must say that this was the first and ONLY post I made on this debacle. I had only read the saga minutes before I posted. I didn't beat her up. I said nothing about trust, so I'm not sure what you mean there. (By the way, I don't trust ANYONE online! Caveat Emptor, as they say.) I merely set her straight that I believe NONE of her bs. She needs to know that we don't believe her, or she'll try it again. I'm not going to patronize. One post and then I was out.
Willow 11:43 AM 09-19-2013
momofsix, I don't see anyone upset or angry

What I do see is people who laughed at a really ridiculous post and now think the whole thing is just plain stupid.

Big difference imho.
Hunni Bee 11:43 AM 09-19-2013

Its not that we are so upset about what was done, we can get over that. Its the fact that she is not saying "I did it, I'm sorry, it won't happen again". Instead, she's sticking to this implausible story that isn't even making much sense. She's still trying to fool us.
Sugar Magnolia 11:43 AM 09-19-2013

Agree. I didn't like the trolling, and don't condone it AT ALL, but my.sympathy for her overrides the mild inconvenience she caused me by spending.5 minutes reading her fake post. Maybe she feels isolated or depressed, and before flaming her, I would invite her to communicate with me and offer her some one to talk to. About anything. I don't like trolls, but I do like people.
sleepinghart 11:44 AM 09-19-2013
IP address the same due to all devices in the same house are under the same IP address. I have checked.

For the wow! Just wow comment. As you can see that was my profile, I wrote that.

I was the hostess, making food and beverages for the guests. I was not monitoring them because I thought they were my friends and I could trust them.

As for the writing styles. She was my best friend since middle school. So yes after years of emailing, texting, hanging out and talking. We do have similar styles. So I can see why you would think that.

She never logged into my account. She was posting as unregistered. I now have passwords on all of our devices.

This forum was very important to me. Which is why all day Wednesday I was extremely sad and hurt by all of and the comments made. It was a place were I could talk to other providers and have someone who understands what happens in this business. Since my husband, friends and family do not understand.

I do have a lot of value in my life!

When it was me posting in the kitchen I was laughing! It was funny at the time until the next morning. My husband had a good laugh too!

I think I answered to everyone comments. I appreciate those of you who were semi respectful and nice.

I still stand by my previous comment. If I had done it why did I try so hard to come back? Knowing I would face judgement! Because at that point I was willing to face it because I know the truth. I have moved somewhere else. I don't feel like arguing, trying to get into a clique.

Thank you!

...Just curious, but what do you mean by "trying to get into a clique"? Thanks!
craftymissbeth 11:55 AM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by Lucy:
I get what you're saying... Be nice, she's a person with feelings, and all that... But I must say that this was the first and ONLY post I made on this debacle. I had only read the saga minutes before I posted. I didn't beat her up. I said nothing about trust, so I'm not sure what you mean there. (By the way, I don't trust ANYONE online! Caveat Emptor, as they say.) I merely set her straight that I believe NONE of her bs. She needs to know that we don't believe her, or she'll try it again. I'm not going to patronize. One post and then I was out.
my post was not targeted towards you. It wasn't targeted towards anyone in particular. And I didn't say in any way "be nice, she's a person with feelings". What she did was downright annoying and immature... BUT...

Yeah just the same things I said before. No need to repeat
Lucy 12:02 PM 09-19-2013
my post was not targeted towards you. It wasn't targeted towards anyone in particular. And I didn't say in any way "be nice, she's a person with feelings". What she did was downright annoying and immature... BUT...

Yeah just the same things I said before. No need to repeat
Ok!
TheGoodLife 12:05 PM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by blandino:
I am sorry, but I just can't get on board with your story. If you were the hostess, you stopped within minutes of prepping food and drinks to check the boards & post while you had company ?

Totally agree! I also do not see a person getting onto Daycare.com during their party to read and then comment multiple times to a post, all the while having a person at the same party get onto another computer- all the while unknowingly to you- multiple times to respond. If it was just one time, maybe (and that's a big maybe). But there was a lengthy conversation going on and would not have happened during a party.
You should have just admitted, apologized, and that would have been the end. Most people will forgive a sincere person, but someone that sticks to a truly unbelievable story? I do hope you go elsewhere to try to find your entertainment. This is a great forum for real problems, celebrations, and conversations- not a place to make a mockery of the business.
countrymom 12:41 PM 09-19-2013
I always tell my kids that by lying it will get them no where but in bigger trouble, by telling the truth your punishment will be less but at least it will be the truth.
originalkat 03:31 PM 09-19-2013
I missed the whole thing. Maybe that was for the best.
Josiegirl 04:16 PM 09-19-2013
I came upon the other thread after it had already been closed but I spent some time trying to guess who it was. I was wrong. I'd be a terrible spy.

Maybe you did have a party? Maybe you were drinking? Perhaps too much and thought you'd have some fun with us?
Doesn't matter to me. It's all about perspective. Oh yes, except for the fiasco I'm sure Michael et al had to deal with.

Is it Friday yest???
Cradle2crayons 04:18 PM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I came upon the other thread after it had already been closed but I spent some time trying to guess who it was. I was wrong. I'd be a terrible spy.

Maybe you did have a party? Maybe you were drinking? Perhaps too much and thought you'd have some fun with us?
Doesn't matter to me. It's all about perspective. Oh yes, except for the fiasco I'm sure Michael et al had to deal with.

Is it Friday yest???
It'll be Friday in exactly 5 hours and 34 minutes... I know this because tomorrow is my birthday. Lol.

Fridays mean nothing to me because I work Friday and every weekend lol
Meeko 05:02 PM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by blandino:

And since when do guests go to a party, slink off and spend considerable time on the host's computer without the host knowing?
Maria2013 05:14 PM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
It'll be Friday in exactly 5 hours and 34 minutes... I know this because tomorrow is my birthday. Lol.

Happy B-Day!
Familycare71 05:17 PM 09-19-2013
I was one that got a good laugh with it- and I would have been fine for OP of the post to have said: got ya! I also would be ok with someone apologizing- the post itself isn't the big deal (for me) but the no accountability part irks me some...
And of course the extra work for mods and Michael!
Cradle2crayons 05:23 PM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by Maria2013:
Happy B-Day!
Thanks!!!!!!
ABCDaycareMN 05:31 PM 09-19-2013

Happy birthday to you!

Tomorrow is also my daughters 2nd birthday as well as my brothers!
Cradle2crayons 05:31 PM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by ABCDaycareMN:
Happy birthday to you!

Oh wow!! Happy birthday to them!!

I normally don't get anything for my birthday or Christmas or any holiday.

But this year I lucked up and got my new Honda pilot lol
MamaBear 08:00 PM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:

Is it Friday yest???
HaHaHa - I'm a terrible spy too because I was trying to figure out who it was too and I was totally wrong too lol Wow... this is some crazy stuff. EEEK!
Michael 08:02 PM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by ABCDaycareMN:
Happy birthday to you!

My birthday's tomorrow also. Sept 20th. What were all our parents celebrating 9 months earlier?
MamaBear 08:05 PM 09-19-2013
My birthday's tomorrow also. Sept 20th. What were all our parents celebrating 9 months earlier?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL! I hope you have a great birthday with your family!
Cradle2crayons 08:12 PM 09-19-2013
Wow we share a birthday!!!!!

Happy birthday Michael!!
julie 08:57 PM 09-19-2013
Late September babies are usually the result of "relations" that occur around Christmas-New Years. Therefore, making them a very happy holidays! And now that you have that lovely image to picture, Happy Birthday!
Cradle2crayons 09:01 PM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by julie:
Late September babies are usually the result of "relations" that occur around Christmas-New Years. Therefore, making them a very happy holidays! And now that you have that lovely image to picture, Happy Birthday!
Ewwwwwww I don't want to think about relations as its referenced to my parents lol
Maria2013 04:16 AM 09-20-2013
Happy B-Day Michael!
MsLaura529 04:27 AM 09-20-2013
Ewwwwwww I don't want to think about relations as its referenced to my parents lol
My in-laws have always told my DH that is a World Series Celebration baby ...

Happy birthday to all of you today!
Meeko 06:56 AM 09-20-2013
Well Happy Birthday to all who are having one!
daycaremum 08:48 AM 09-20-2013
The thread in question was very funnny!!! I think we all had to have known on some level that it wasn't real. I simply don't care. I don't care that some person made up a phony post, I don't care if anyone came and took responsibility, I don't put that much faith in the factual/truthfulness of anything on the internet. The internet is not real life people. This is a chat group. I don't know any of the members personally, and have no way of knowing how people represent themselves is anything close to how they a;ctually are.
It's easy to type whatever you like truth or lie.
So I don't care if someone on this forum lied or made up a story and did or didn't fess up in an appropriate manner.
No one has offended me personally or done anything to me individually.
It's just typing.

I have a real life with real people in it that I need to worry and care about. Those are the ones whom I need honesty and truthfulness from.
I don't even read usernames when I read through these posts, because it simply doesn't matter.
Josiegirl 11:18 AM 09-20-2013
Happy Birthday to all the September babies!!!
mamac 11:27 AM 09-20-2013
Lol. I remember the first time I wanted to see exactly how far apart in age my younger brother and I are. After doing the math I realized he is exactly 1 year and nine months younger than I am to the day. I guess he was a belated birthday gift from my parents to me.
countrymom 11:50 AM 09-20-2013
well my parents were married in january and I was born in september hmmmm
missheather 11:58 AM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
Honeymoom baby!
Patches 12:09 PM 09-20-2013
This thread certainly took a turn in a different direction
SSWonders 12:52 PM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
Mine were married in January and I was born in August. They keep telling me they were going to get married anyway
Childminder 07:22 PM 09-20-2013
All preemies I bet!
BABYLUVER 10:20 PM 09-21-2013
First off I want to apologize for what happened last night!!!

I had some people over last night and one of them decided to post on here. Either to stir up trouble or as a joke. I had no idea until this morning when I tried to get on. I then created another username so I could find out why I was banned. I talked to Blackcat and I figured out what happened.

Again I am so sorry and I really hope no one is mad at me!
I actually do not know what happened, but ran into the thread.

I had a TERRIBLE situation happen to me several years ago on another forum.

HOW this happened, I still haven't figured out. WHY it happened, I do know now.

I had a friend, we were friends since 2004. Our friendship started waning over the years because of some seriously whacky things she did. She knew A LOT of very personal information about me, my kids, my family, etc and I never thought much of it.

One day, we had a huge and I do mean HUGE falling out after she moved away. I broke our friendship off and told her to never contact me again. After this, things started to get really weird and then really bad.

I was still running my child care. SOMEHOW this woman hacked into my computer and somehow she got into my FB account, 2 of my email (Yahoo and AOL), and 2 of my forum pages from boards I was a member of. She also knew the name of my daycare (but did NOT know I had changed my dc name yet).

She posted horribly stupid things on my forum account, offensive things on my FB account, sent people SPAM email to piss them off and then posted terrible untruths about my daycare all over the internet.

I had to SUE her but it took a LONG time to realize who it was that was doing it to me. It wasn't like I just knew the day she started. This all happened over a period of time.

I was banned from my forums because the IP's matched. Somehow she accessed my computer REMOTELY and was able to use my IP service. I have NO idea how she could have known to do this but I should have guessed that she might have some knowledge about these things as she was a graphic designer for a big company in VA.

She ruined my reputation, she ruined friendships, she cost me business, she cost me support, caused me to be used by people and then made fun of behind my back, and so much more! I finally figured out who it was and threatened her with a cease and desist letter to which I got a nasty email stating I got EXACTLY what I deserved.

The thing is, prior to my cutting her off, I did EVERYTHING for her, to the point that I was hurting myself and my own family. I wanted to save her from her problems because I felt it was my job somehow. And I almost ruined my whole life. I came back from it, of course, but I could never show my face again on the sites I really could have used for support. I could not even explain this to anyone because it was so unbelievable, even to me!

I hate what she did to me and don't know if the scars from trusting her and being so screwed will ever go away. I know I am less respected in many ways because of her. Though I did nothing wrong, but not use my common sense and good judgment.

I will prevail over it, because I know what is true and what is not. I tried many times to "prove" I was telling the truth because I was so depressed and scared that I'd lose friends, when really I didn't have to prove ANYTHING! I just wasn't as wise.

My story is only being stated to say this: If you are being truthful, you don't need to apologize, explain or defend yourself! I learned my lesson years ago and I hope you ARE being truthful, OP but if not, I hope you can catch a lesson in everything you have heard so far.

Good luck.
Tags:banned, troll
Reply Up