Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Inspections EVERY Month!
Unregistered 12:28 PM 06-16-2014
I closed my registered home daycare in order to move and re-opened as a licensed home daycare. My licensing rep came out today and did the initial inspection which I passed (yay!) with NO citations.

FYI: I'm in Texas

This is seriously no big deal, I really try super hard to follow licensing rules and regs so...

Anyways, my licensing rep finished up with, yada yada yada, something about fees, and then "Oh yeah, that's right, I will see you next month" , (me, trying to look natural but slightly freaking out inside because inspections make me super nervous and paranoid) "Really, next month huh? How come?" Licensing Rep "oh I'll see you every month for an inspection for the first 6 months" ME "Oh okay then, I'll see you next month" (big smile)

What the What!? Every month for 6 months! When did this start? Is it only for licensed homes or are registered homes doing the same thing? And Why? Seems a bit excessive when there are a gazillion illegal operations they could be tracking down on CL. Is this in other states too?
KidGrind 12:34 PM 06-16-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I closed my registered home daycare in order to move and re-opened as a licensed home daycare. My licensing rep came out today and did the initial inspection which I passed (yay!) with NO citations.

FYI: I'm in Texas

This is seriously no big deal, I really try super hard to follow licensing rules and regs so...

Anyways, my licensing rep finished up with, yada yada yada, something about fees, and then "Oh yeah, that's right, I will see you next month" , (me, trying to look natural but slightly freaking out inside because inspections make me super nervous and paranoid) "Really, next month huh? How come?" Licensing Rep "oh I'll see you every month for an inspection for the first 6 months" ME "Oh okay then, I'll see you next month" (big smile)

What the What!? Every month for 6 months! When did this start? Is it only for licensed homes or are registered homes doing the same thing? And Why? Seems a bit excessive when there are a gazillion illegal operations they could be tracking down on CL. Is this in other states too?
Welcome to my world on the light end of it. Inspections monthly or every other week. I am being harassed. In the next two weeks 4 inspectors will be coming. LOL!

Sounds odd for Texas from what the providers in Texas tell me. Most have never seen an inspector outside of the initial.
Logged Out 12:41 PM 06-16-2014
I am logged out since this is an open part of the board and I don't state where I live on it.

I had about 6-ish inspections the first year I was opened (2.5 years ago in North Texas). It wasn't too bad and I would MUCH rather they do thats a precautionary measure than leaving new providers to their own devices. Now it is supposed to be once a year but it is more like once every 10 months or so.
jenboo 12:45 PM 06-16-2014
I had my initial inspection in February i think and i was licensed march 1st.
The initial inspection is just the paperwork and measuring rooms and stuff.
So i have been licensed since march and havent had another inspection since...Not a single inspection with the children present...hmm...wondering when they are going to come out??
NightOwl 04:43 PM 06-16-2014
I've been licensed for 13 months and haven't seen her since the initial inspection before I had any children.
Rachel 10:35 PM 06-21-2014
Not the same thing but I work through an agency. I believe they are supposed to come once a month, but in the last few years mine have come not so often (a few times in the beginning, then every 6 weeks to 2 months. This year my woman is really much more on top of her job, and she comes every 2 - 3 weeks. Which is fine because she is super nice and helpful. My friend lives down the street, works for the same agency, and her inspector has come on 1 surprise visit this year (since September), and another 2 or 3 times they had pre-arranged.
small_steps 06:12 PM 06-24-2014
Wow they must've changed it or maybe some licensors do it differently. I'm in texas also. My first year she visited every two months for the first 6 months and then every 6 months for a year and now yearly unless there are reports. I think registered homes only get the initial visit and then every two years here in texas. Doesn't seem fair lol.
Tags:inspection, texas - regulations
Reply Up