Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap time Question!
Beckyjoy4405 06:41 PM 12-28-2014
If you had the space, would you use a room just for napping? I can't decide if the cots should just be spread out in my main daycare room (and stacked when not in use) or if I should use one of my spare rooms as a room just for napping. Input appreciated, thanks!
e.j. 06:56 PM 12-28-2014
I would love to have enough space to have a dedicated room for napping. I get tired of having to set up and put away cots and port-a-cribs every day. I'd love to be able to leave everything set up, especially on days when we're running behind schedule. It'd be nice not to have to rush to get everything set up for nap time.
nothingwithoutjoy 08:10 PM 12-28-2014
Absolutely! I leave the kids' mats out in our library during the week, a room they don't use otherwise. Makes things much simpler.
Cradle2crayons 08:57 PM 12-28-2014
I have two separate nap rooms. One is just big enough for one play pen and I use it for new kids or for tiny ones until they get trained into the bigger nap room.

The other one used to be a play room and nap room but since all of my kids are currently under 2, I don't allow any play in here because it's down the hall and I can't see them if I'm cooking. So right now, I have two separate rooms just for nap.

It's a dream.
AuntTami 03:33 AM 12-29-2014
I have a separate nap room as well. It's across the hall from our playroom. It's very nice to have a separate room and not have to worry about tearing down playpens or nap maps every day.
Kimskiddos 05:47 AM 12-29-2014
I have a separate nap room for my kiddos still in pack n plays. Love it! But all the older kids sleep in my playroom. I/we just pull out all the sleeping stuff daily. I am happy to keep the older kids out there. It's my attached garage conversion and so they are sleeping next to my kitchen which is away from the rest of the house. So I can clean and not have to tip toe around for fear of waking kiddos.
Controlled Chaos 07:58 AM 12-29-2014
I would love a nap room. There was a house when we were looking at that would have had a nap room, craft room and regular play room I LOVED IT! But it was in a scketchy neighborhood. I still dream about how I would have set it up if we would have bought it. ...sigh
Jack Sprat 10:46 AM 12-29-2014
I would love that!! We use the playroom as the nap room as well. I really dislike setting up and taking down cots everyday. Infants sleep in a different room that is only used for them during daycare.
jenboo 10:55 AM 12-29-2014
I have a separate nap room. It's really nice!
Reply Up