Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should I Paint This Room?
SunflowerMama 01:55 PM 08-29-2010
Ok all this talk about painting makes me want to paint my tiny daycare room.

I would love to use a calming, earthy tone but definitely nothing that would make it look any smaller than it is .

What do you guys think?? Paint it or just leave it alone ??

legomom922 02:38 PM 08-29-2010
Personally, for me, I hate white walls...I would paint this room! Can you pick a theme? Looks like you may have one started like a forest? Then decide what color paint you want to do. I was thinking of doing my other room in a jungle theme, and use some different shades of greens, or a garden theme crossed my mind too, along with a beach/nautical theme, where I would use alot of reds, blues & yellows. I love decorating, but I always find it much more easier to start if I have a inspiration piece or a theme to start the process.
Michael 03:21 PM 08-29-2010
Powder blue for the top picture and soft yellow for the botton pic.
SilverSabre25 03:22 PM 08-29-2010
For a room that small, with that much "stuff" going on--it already looks very busy and I definitely wouldn't use a color on the walls. Either a light blue or an off-white/cream/almond sort of color would be my choice. The room looks pretty chaotic already, so you don't want it to be overwhelming with a bright color.
AfterSchoolMom 04:39 PM 08-29-2010
I hate white walls!!! I think, with your decorations, a sand color or a pale yellow would be beautiful.
SunflowerMama 04:20 AM 08-30-2010
I think I'm going to go with maybe a buttercup yellow and I've decided to clear the walls. It does feel so busy in there and when I started I thought it would be fun and give them things to look at but I've changed my mind.

I'm going to paint the walls and a friend of mine is going to paint a nature (large tree, acorns, kids reading) on one of the walls. With the rest of the walls I'm going to limit what is on them so the room can be a bit more calmy and welcoming for the kids.

I think clearing the walls will help it look a bit bigger and less busy.

Thanks for all the comments guys!!
SilverSabre25 06:10 AM 08-30-2010
That sounds like it will look awesome! Be sure and show us the finished product, okay? I love seeing other people's daycare spaces.
Tags:painting
Reply Up