Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question regarding daycare licensing class in texas
yulandop 09:20 AM 12-05-2012
I am planning on opening a daycare center.
I went to apply for the FPS licensing class for Texas and they told me that if you were doing a daycare center you must first have the facility.
Because I am in the planning stages can I take the class and acquire a license for a home based center for information purposes and then when I acquire my center location switch the license to a center based license?

Has anyone else run into this problem?
allsmiles 10:59 AM 12-05-2012
hello..
i currently have a homecare in texas and my assumption according to my research is that its a whole different class.. when you go to the website it shows a path for becoming center vs path for becoming home provider..the minimum standards are a little bit different as ive read them both.. i am looking into doing center next year and you pay your fees and take your class all over again even if you are currently a registered home. they dont TRANSFER the license.. Before i was a registered home, i was a listed home (3 or less children).. There was literally two months between applications and they made me do EVERYTHING all over again.
BUT you can read read read the minimum standards on your own and find out as much as you can.. you can even do the pre application orientation online for HOME child care, but like i said it will be a little different rules for center.
Reply Up