Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Could Go Wrong?
childcaremom 08:51 AM 05-28-2015
I have had a few emails with a mom looking for care for her son. She mentioned that she was on assistance and could only afford up to XX amount for childcare per month.

I told her what my rates were (much more than what she can afford). I told her that she would probably qualify for subsidy but that I cannot accept it. Wished her luck with her search.

She contacted me again this morning and wants to see if she can afford me. Really likes the sound of my program. Explains that she needs 2 weeks care (starting Monday) for a course she is taking. It may extend past 2 weeks but she won't know until she writes an exam. I guess they pick who continues at that point? I don't know.

Anyways. I wrote back again, explaining that my rates are set, payment would be due on Sunday evening (cash or emt only), I would need to meet her and her son, and that paperwork would need to be filled out and returned also by Sunday evening or care would not be provided on Monday.

It sounds genuine. Nothing pinged my radar. I've explained payment and that it's in advance. Paperwork completed. Won't sign them without meeting.

I'm ok with only doing 2 weeks.

Am I missing something?
cheerfuldom 08:55 AM 05-28-2015
I think you covered it all. As long as you get payment in advance, I would go with it. For me, I would require cash for a temporary situation. By the time a check didnt clear, you would have already cared for the child for several days.
childcaremom 08:56 AM 05-28-2015
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I think you covered it all. As long as you get payment in advance, I would go with it. For me, I would require cash for a temporary situation. By the time a check didnt clear, you would have already cared for the child for several days.
Yes. I normally accept checks but wouldn't in this case.
daycarediva 11:17 AM 05-28-2015
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
That's what I would do, too.
childcaremom 12:52 PM 05-28-2015
Well mom just emailed again and said that she needs to pay each day. I am getting the impression that she has to run this by her worker, show proof of how much I am charging, and then get the pay.

I am not comfortable working like that so I am going to pass.
Reply Up