Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Reasons They Are Crying...
pintsize 09:11 AM 10-03-2017
Hello all... I gotta laugh because otherwise I would be annoyed by the whining today.

During breakfast 4 year old was crying because 3 year old said "You have a red bowl" ... They all had red bowls and they were over half way done eating but suddenly 4 year old didn't want a red bowl.

Later same 4 year old was crying because I dumped out his water to refill it... he didn't want me to dump it out.

Why are your daycare kids whining?
KSDC 09:37 AM 10-03-2017
21 month old is mad because I didn't let him take a water bottle away from my other toddler - even though said 21 month old was already holding his own water bottle!
Jupadia 09:43 AM 10-03-2017
Because he wanted to hold that side of the stroller and "that new girl" got there first.

That new girl has been conning for 2 months and my son still refuses to use her name 90% of the time. It's driving me nuts.
daycarediva 09:56 AM 10-03-2017
because there was carrots for lunch and she likes carrots.
Ariana 10:13 AM 10-03-2017
My two whiners cannot talk so I have no clue!

These kids sound tired.
DaveA 10:18 AM 10-03-2017
The last one was I wouldn't give DCB seconds on a food he didn't touch.
CityGarden 10:23 AM 10-03-2017
My M/W/F group is all only children except one..... so they whine anytime the world does not revolve directly around them
storybookending 11:04 AM 10-03-2017
All sleeping currently but the title of this thread made me laugh.. I have said countless times to my SIL that I need to start a “why niece is crying” list.. sometimes it’s just comical.
Meeko 12:01 PM 10-03-2017
Pretty good today, but I did get this a few years back...

DCB 1: I'm happy!!!

DCB 2: Me too!!!

DCB 1: (bursting into tears) No!!! Just ME!!!!
CalCare 12:06 PM 10-03-2017
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Pretty good today, but I did get this a few years back...

DCB 1: I'm happy!!!

DCB 2: Me too!!!

DCB 1: (bursting into tears) No!!! Just ME!!!!
Haha. Yep. Love it
Hunni Bee 12:08 PM 10-03-2017
All summer my daughter randomly burst into tears because of the "the dogs". We have no dog, there were no dogs in the vicinity, nothing resembling a dog was ever around.

So whenever, she'd start whining, I'd always start yelling "No, dogs! You leave her alone. Go away, dogs!" and she'd stop whining and laugh.

Never could figure that one out.
MarinaVanessa 12:25 PM 10-03-2017
I won't let them lick the cat
Mom2Two 12:26 PM 10-03-2017
So funny, you guys!

Nothing too unusual here...just five year olds attempting to build a Magformer structure together. Of course their cooperation is less than perfect at times.
storybookending 12:29 PM 10-03-2017
DCB1 wakes up from a great nap, starts having a coughing fit so I pull his cup from the fridge and try to put it near his mouth encouraging him to drink. Stops coughing, looks at me and starts screaming for a good 5 minutes. Sorry dude I’ll just let you cough uncontrolably next time..
pintsize 04:43 PM 10-03-2017
Dog is not usually allowed on the carpet but it was end of the day, I was gonna vacuum within the hour, there were 2 kids and no babies... Daycare boy "Percy off the carpet... Percy out!" Then whining "teacher, Percy wont get off the carpet .... I want to play there" he didn't want to play in front of the cubbies, he knows he's supposed to be on the red rug, blue rug, or cars area... There are no toys in front of the cubbies.
hwichlaz 05:10 PM 10-03-2017
Had a kind of meal fail today. I made toad in the hole (toast with an egg fried in the center). 5 of the 6 loved it. But one, was so horrified (he's usually my best eater) that he wouldn't touch anything on his plate. So offered him a plain piece of toast, but he was already so upset it wouldn't matter. I put him down for nap sill making a horrified face at me. he woke up, wouldn't eat his snack...and has been tantruming because he's hungry, but won't eat. I think I broke him. gave him egg trauma.
Tantrums, hitting himself in the head, snotting all over everything, screaming "no-no-no-yucky yuck yuck"
flying_babyb 06:37 PM 10-03-2017
I didnt call his name to tell me they were blueberries (while the yells out the answer)
He got the black stick (which he asked for) instead of blue.
his shoe fell off, even though he knew how to put it back on!
Lissa Kristine 07:02 PM 10-03-2017
Not daycare, but I sent my friend a text on Sunday in our church nursery. I offended her four month old because I changed her diaper and offered her a bottle.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 10:06 PM 10-03-2017
Full throwing on the floor crying because the car won't go down the twisty ramp SLOWLY when he let's go.
Josiegirl 03:54 AM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Had a kind of meal fail today. I made toad in the hole (toast with an egg fried in the center). 5 of the 6 loved it. But one, was so horrified (he's usually my best eater) that he wouldn't touch anything on his plate. So offered him a plain piece of toast, but he was already so upset it wouldn't matter. I put him down for nap sill making a horrified face at me. he woke up, wouldn't eat his snack...and has been tantruming because he's hungry, but won't eat. I think I broke him. gave him egg trauma.
Tantrums, hitting himself in the head, snotting all over everything, screaming "no-no-no-yucky yuck yuck"
Haha poor traumatized dck stays awake all night due to fear of eggy nightmares.

I guess compared to all the crying that goes on in your places, my dcks are quite normal. Whatever normal means. Lol
CeriBear 04:48 AM 10-04-2017
One of my little girls practically cried herself to sleep during nap time yesterday because she forgot to bring her teddy bear blankie.
Pepperth 09:31 AM 10-04-2017
Because she's "Not crying."
LittleScholars 11:24 AM 10-04-2017
...because we were listening to Disney songs, Disney songs make him think of getting married, and he doesn't ever want to get married. Full sob fest.
Tags:competitive children, daycare stories
Reply Up