Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hand Foot and Mouth????
Kidsnest 01:48 PM 05-02-2016
Hello, I run am in home daycare. Last week I sent a child home sick. She seemed fine the next day. The the weekend came and my daughter (2yrs) woke up Saturday morning with a low grade fever. She was just extra sleepy and didn't have much of an appetite. Later that day it stated to effect my son (almost 4 yrs). By Monday morning they were both fever free so I accepted my daycare kids as usual. A little later on my son complained of his mouth hurting. I looked and it was extremely red with some white spots. I made him a dr appt because I was worried about strep. Right before my husband took him to the doc my daughter started complaining of owies on her feet... Little red dots. There are a couple on her hands and she has a couple spots in her mouth. Obviously this is looking like HFMD. My son just got back home and the test is still running to see if it for sure is HFMD. I expect a call later this afternoon. So, my question.. Do I close daycare down? I have a daycare kid I had to send home today due to fever and lethargy. I'm assuming she could have it too. Say she does, can she come back once her fever breaks or would I need to wait until all the lesions have scabs? I've never delt with this virus at all so I'm just not sure what to do as a daycare provider of other kids as well?? Any advise is very appreciated!!
adnilwis 01:59 PM 05-02-2016
It is highly contagious and spreads like wildfire. When I worked at a daycare center some kids Dr's said as long as they didn't have a fever they could be a daycare. Others said to keep them home until blisters stabbed over. I'd just let parents know and let them decide on whether they bring their kid or not,
Tags:contagious diseases, foot and mouth, hand foot mouth illness rash
Reply Up