Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Would You Do?
MommyMuffin 12:32 PM 11-17-2010
So I am very happy that my 10 week old dcb started today and so happy to be growing my daycare.
He comes only in the afternoon for a few hours. Parents told me that he probably would not sleep, that it was usually a time when he was awake.

Well I fed him and he fell asleep. Should I wake him or just let the baby sleep? I am worried the parents will be mad if I let him sleep...they dont seem like they would be strict but I want to do a good job.

1. Wake the baby...2. Let the baby sleep and tell the parents...3.let the baby sleep and dont mention it??
Live and Learn 12:35 PM 11-17-2010
#2....babies only sleep when they are tired.
SimpleMom 04:29 PM 11-17-2010
You could ask the parent's how they feel about it. I usually ask how their night was, sleep, etc( esp. if they slept a long time here). This opens the door for communication on the sleep issue and lets them know you want to work WITH them the best you can. .
By the way, I've never had a parent tell me to keep their infant awake when the child wants to sleep
AfterSchoolMom 04:24 AM 11-18-2010
Ten week old babies should be allowed to sleep as needed. If he's sleeping, it's needed. He's still young enough that keeping him up on purpose (which is haaaard to do at that age) probably isn't going to affect his ability or inability to sleep through the night, unless he's already sleeping all day long.
momofboys 04:27 AM 11-18-2010
How long is the child at your house? Just a few hours? Unless they are 1st time parents they should realize that a 10 week baby will nap a lot even if they took a good morning nap! Definitely let the baby sleep!
BentleysBands 04:36 AM 11-18-2010
babies need all the sleep they can get. i would let him/her sleep and just mention to parents. if they had a problem with it i would be surprised.
Tags:infant, infant care, sleeping infants
Reply Up