Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another Website Review Request
MG&Lsmom 07:05 AM 01-25-2011
So the snow meant I got to stay home and get my website finished.

Constructive criticism welcomed!

http://www.wix.com/sbkren/imaginationstationkidcare

I'm going to try to get a better domain name through one of the sites someone listed on the Vistaprint thread.
DCMomOf3 07:16 AM 01-25-2011
i like it. Are you going to put pictures on it?

All these sites make me wish I had made one.
AnythingsPossible 07:17 AM 01-25-2011
Good information, well organized. My only suggestion would be to stop the scrolling scene behind the text. It is a bit distracting! I like the About the provider section---the conductor at imagination station--love it!! It's funny how much rates vary by region. My full time rate is what your part time rate is!! Though I do charge more for after school, mine is 5 dollars per day, so 25 per week. Kind of funny how things differ! Anyway, I like it, just was a bit distracted by the screen in the background. I would totally come and interview with you if my kids needed daycare and I lived in your area
MG&Lsmom 07:21 AM 01-25-2011
Thanks. It's an animated background and the others weren't very nice. I think it's distracting too. I need to find another that I can upload that isn't moving.

I need to take some uncluttered pictures of my daycare stations to add. I use my whole house, but have stations set up around my great room and in the bedroom I use for playing/napping. They just never stay clean long enough for a nice picture with my kids up at 5am and dcks not leaving until after dark.
Gurdy 07:35 AM 01-25-2011
I would take out the late fee and returned check fee info, that is handbook stuff. Keep anything negative off your site.

$20/week for B/A?? Is that correct??
KEG123 07:49 AM 01-25-2011
The background makes me dizzy! Make it stop!

But yeah, other than that it looks good!
dEHmom 07:55 AM 01-25-2011
great site!
I really like the background but find it's moving way too fast! Can you slow it down rather than removing it all together?

on my site I really considered putting my phone number on there. But I'd rather them contact me once or twice before I hand out the phone number. It is also on my ad, so they can get it there, but I just prefer that it's not on the www.
MyAngels 07:58 AM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by KEG123:
The background makes me dizzy! Make it stop!

But yeah, other than that it looks good!
The moving background made me dizzy, too, but I love your use of color, and the train/conductor theme is really well done.
cillybean83 08:08 AM 01-25-2011
the background was a *bit* distracting but it works, I wouldn't necessarily go through the trouble of changing it because you did a fab job of keeping everything to the point, it was easy to navigate, and it didn't take long to read everything but you got a LOT of info out there in very little time, which parents will surely appreciate. Great job!
MG&Lsmom 10:06 AM 01-25-2011
Thanks everyone. My mother in law of course caught all my typos and CALLED me from work about it. Can you tell how much I appreciate her. I of course realized after they were there, seeing it live as opposed to in edit mode makes it all jump out at you. LOL!

I found another background that's simpler. I love the trees, but yeah, dizzy is the best way to describe it.

As for the phone number. It's my cell, not my house number, easier to shut off and ignore , or change if I need to. I debated having it there, but anyone can search the MA daycare database and find my address, phone number, license info, etc. It's out there and I get more calls than emails. Unfortunately they are all for infants which I decided just doesn't fit with our family or my business.
SandeeAR 11:15 AM 01-25-2011
Like the site except, like others, the moving trees. I don't have perfect eye sight anymore (darn diabetes!), and something moving or like blue on black, or yellow makes it hard to read.
MommyMuffin 12:13 PM 01-25-2011
The trees are giving me a headache..
good info, put a few more pics!
Lucy 12:58 PM 01-25-2011
I cannot read the words with those trees going by in the background. Weirds out my eyes! It's like being a passenger in a car and hanging your head out the window and looking at the lines in the road go by. Is there a way you can animate it for the first 10 seconds, then have it pause and just be stationary?
Tags:website, website review
Reply Up