Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>pajama party time!
Controlled Chaos 02:03 PM 12-13-2014
I am all set up for the pajama party (4-8pm) tonight! Several crafts set out, cupcakes made, tree for picture taking decorated... oh I need to print fliers for their goodie bags as two aren't regular clients so I need to put website info in. Wish me luck! Only 9 coming this year, should be fun
Josiegirl 03:16 PM 12-13-2014
That sounds like so much fun! Hope it goes well! Only 9...haha listen to you. One would be more than enough for a Saturday night.
Josiegirl 03:10 AM 12-14-2014
How did it go? I'll bet you crashed early. What kind of crafts did you do? I'll bet the kids had a great time!!

Do you charge for this? Just curious how this is affected by licensing? I would so love to do this type of thing but if too many came, I'd have to hire someone to help me.
Controlled Chaos 07:38 AM 12-14-2014
Good morning! It was so fun! This was my 3rd year doing it. I did hire a friend to help. I charged $20 per kid for the four hours and $30 for families (but both families with multiples insisted on paying $40 ) I tell parents the cat covers dinner and crafts - it really helps me cover not being paid Christmas and Christmas eve, though next year I will be paid for those.
The parents always love this night as an opportunity to see a grown up movie or finish Santa shopping.
The crafts I had available were: stickers to decorate their bag, painting winter sun catchers, threading pipe cleaners through reindeer bells, wood markers for coloring these cute wooden trains a parent donated and I glued their picture on a little red ornament. And of course cupcake decorating and hot chocolate!
Doing this takes away a big amount of pressure to send home presents for dcks and dcps as this party is their present.
SignMeUp 08:05 AM 12-14-2014
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
Good morning! It was so fun! This was my 3rd year doing it. I did hire a friend to help. I charged $20 per kid for the four hours and $30 for families (but both families with multiples insisted on paying $40 ) I tell parents the cat covers dinner and crafts - it really helps me cover not being paid Christmas and Christmas eve, though next year I will be paid for those.
The parents always love this night as an opportunity to see a grown up movie or finish Santa shopping.
The crafts I had available were: stickers to decorate their bag, painting winter sun catchers, threading pipe cleaners through reindeer bells, wood markers for coloring these cute wooden trains a parent donated and I glued their picture on a little red ornament. And of course cupcake decorating and hot chocolate!
Doing this takes away a big amount of pressure to send home presents for dcks and dcps as this party is their present.
It sounds like fun I like the brilliance of having them pay for their own gift
I wondered about licensing allowing it too, after reading of some states where you can only have children present during your stated business hours. And it makes me wonder about my own holiday party, which is after-hours, in terms of both licensing and insurance. (Things I've never given a thought before )

I'm glad it went so well!
Controlled Chaos 11:42 AM 12-14-2014
I am technically running license exempt waiting for my license to be approved so that is something I will have to ask my licensing person about it for next year.
Controlled Chaos 11:49 AM 12-14-2014
I normally don't have more than 4 in my care at any one time, not 9. Just to be clear I don't think I can watch 9 and not be licensed lol. That's why I had a assistant and my husband on the premises just to be safe.
Reply Up