Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kids Bickering
tenderhearts 04:23 PM 04-05-2018
What do you when kids bicker back and forth all day long. Things like, the sky is blue then someone says no it's red, no it's blue, or we're having peanut butter and fish for lunch no we're having peanut butter and jelly and these things turn into non stop bickering back and forth. it's like a game to see who can make someone else cry because that's what ends up happening, someone will start crying and whine and say but I want it to be bluuuuueeee. Is there a way to deal with this????
Ariana 04:43 PM 04-05-2018
I just say “stop” or “enough” to end it quickly. Kids do not understand logic in these situations!
MelissaP 03:46 AM 04-06-2018
My favorite is "My mom" or "My dad". GRRR.
Vesta 04:56 AM 04-06-2018
You can out crazy them by singing Hello, goodbye every time they really get going, or just use earbuds. "Let's just agree to disagree" sometimes works with slightly older kids.
Pestle 05:03 AM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by MelissaP:
My toddlers are all, "My mommy." "No, my mommy." "NO MY MOMMY!"

On Wednesday, my preschooler decided to play the peacemaker, and cut in with "EVERYBODY mommy."
Blackcat31 07:00 AM 04-06-2018
My 2 favorites are

"you can't come to my birthday"

or

"you're not my best friend!"
tenderhearts 07:49 AM 04-06-2018
Yep I've heard them all. It drives me nuts especially one ends up crying. I give them a minute to see if they can "work it out" but it never does, so I feel like that's all I'm saying, is enough, or we don't always have to agree or it's ok if he thinks the sky is green and you want it to be red. It just seems like it's all they do lately.
Do you ever feel like your whole day is just nothing but negative, no, stop please, talk nice, and so forth? that's how I feel, my mouth hurts.
Tin Blues 07:53 AM 04-06-2018
I had one in full blown sobbing this morning. Why? Because she’s looking at me.
Cat Herder 07:56 AM 04-06-2018
I have one kid here today.

Kid is arguing with career dolls (https://www.amazon.com/Pretend-Profe.../dp/B000F8TB0W). Because April.
tenderhearts 08:38 AM 04-06-2018
The other day i had one break down and cry at pick up time because when I put his shoes on I pulled the tongue out
daycarediva 08:59 AM 04-06-2018
I join them. "No it's orange. Or pink and purple polka dots. The squirrels are monkeys! We are SO SILLY!"

Diffuse the bomb.
Ariana 09:09 AM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I join them. "No it's orange. Or pink and purple polka dots. The squirrels are monkeys! We are SO SILLY!"

Diffuse the bomb.
I do this too but I have to be in a good mood
tenderhearts 07:45 AM 04-09-2018
Haha I do it too but depends on my mood too, how much bickering has already been done.
MelissaP 06:06 AM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My 2 favorites are

"you can't come to my birthday"

or

"you're not my best friend!"

OMG. The "best friend" argument is just as bad as the "My mom/dad" bit. My littlest would say that all the time.
ColorfulSunburst 10:43 AM 04-10-2018
OMG. The "best friend" argument is just as bad as the "My mom/dad" bit. My littlest would say that all the time.
I say I am his friend. It helps.
I have a girl she says I will not marry you! to a boy, and he gets upset. My husband calls her "his future ex-wife".
Tags:bickering
Reply Up