Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Transitional Songs
blueclouds29 04:37 AM 06-15-2011
Does anyone use songs to transitional to anything during the day? I need some ideas with my youngsters. Story time/circle time, cleaning up, going outside and meal time songs? I just can't find any good ones i like.
Thanks!
cheerfuldom 05:47 AM 06-15-2011
I agree these work very well but I don't have any specific ideas for you. I just make up my own!
kidkair 06:19 AM 06-15-2011
Clean up chant: We will all clean up our room, clean up our room, clean up our room. We will all clean up our room until it's all clean!

Works great for me. If the kids are not wanting to clean up I just start chanting it and they just start cleaning up without further prompting. I don't do specific songs for the other stuff. We sing songs that go with the curriculum while washing hands and getting ready to go outside. On our walks lately we've been singing 'the ants go marching' or 'wheels on the bus'. If I have a young one learning to wait at the table for me to get washcloths for faces and hands I'll start singing whatever song I can think of to keep the child happy while they are waiting. "Old MacDonald" works well most of the time regardless as to what I need to distract them with.
PitterPatter 06:49 AM 06-15-2011
After breakfast and before circle time we sing a song going over my rules for the day. U know the walking feet, quiet voices, helping hands, listening ears and looking eyes.

Our clean up song is Barney's song:
Clean up clean up everybody everywhere. Clean up clean up everybody do your share

Our hand washing song is Row row row your boat... twice, so that they have washed their hands long enough.

We also have a potty song and dance but that's not transistional lol
momofsix 06:50 AM 06-15-2011
I still sing the OLD clean up song
"Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere!
Clean up, clean up, everybody do your share!"

I had a 20 yo that used to come to my dc help me in church nursery last week. I started singing that song when it was time to clean up-he was so excited it was funny! He says "wow I still remember that song from your house!" and started singing along for the kids. Funnier in person than it sounds written out-sorry

I also sing
"Oh meet me at the table, the table, the table.
Oh meet me at the table the table right now!"
(or instead of table-circle, door, wherever I need them!)

sorry about repeating the clean up song, sometimes it takes me forever to finish posting!
Blackcat31 06:54 AM 06-15-2011
Try these sites. They are filled with tons of chants, songs and rhymes to keep the day moving along....

http://www.preschoolrainbow.org/transition-rhymes.htm
http://www.songsforteaching.com/transitions.htm
http://www.hummingbirded.com/transitional-music.html
http://www.preschoolexpress.com/musi..._2_nov02.shtml
Zoe 07:03 AM 06-15-2011
Originally Posted by PitterPatter:
After breakfast and before circle time we sing a song going over my rules for the day. U know the walking feet, quiet voices, helping hands, listening ears and looking eyes.

Our clean up song is Barney's song:
Clean up clean up everybody everywhere. Clean up clean up everybody do your share

Our hand washing song is Row row row your boat... twice, so that they have washed their hands long enough.

We also have a potty song and dance but that's not transistional lol
Same here. But instead of actually singing Row row row your boat, I sing to the tune of that song with these words: wash wash wash your hands, play our handy game, rub and scrub and scrub and rub, germs go down the drain Hey!

They love it!
MissAnn 11:27 AM 06-15-2011
Originally Posted by blueclouds29:
Does anyone use songs to transitional to anything during the day? I need some ideas with my youngsters. Story time/circle time, cleaning up, going outside and meal time songs? I just can't find any good ones i like.
Thanks!
For washing hands....

wash a little
rinse a little
get a little towel
feed it to the alligator (throw it away)
and go sit down! ( at the table for eating)
PitterPatter 08:03 PM 06-15-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
Same here. But instead of actually singing Row row row your boat, I sing to the tune of that song with these words: wash wash wash your hands, play our handy game, rub and scrub and scrub and rub, germs go down the drain Hey!

They love it!
Oh now that's cute! Do u mind if I borrow it?

Thanks for sharing such a cute idea!!
Tags:songs, transitional - songs, transitioning
Reply Up