Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Thought I Was Ready For Kids To Come Back After My Vacation...
littlemommy 06:03 AM 10-17-2011
But no one is excited to be back! EVERYONE cried on their way in. DS was so excited to see his friends again and no one even said hi to him or me. A couple of my DC kids went to my best friend's MIL, who is just starting up a daycare. I'm sure they had a blast there. She is a very crafty woman and I'm sure they enjoyed her house more than mine.

This is kind of depressing.
Cat Herder 08:08 AM 10-17-2011
Maybe you should consider stepping up your game.

It can't hurt and I don't want you to loose clients as happens from time to time after a stint in alternative care.

Do you do a curriculum or craft program? (I can't remember)
littlemommy 08:14 AM 10-17-2011
I've tried crafts with them before but no one has the attention span for it! They'll have fun for a couple minutes and then say they are done.

I have some new books with crafty ideas that I'm going to look at during naptime. Tonight I'll go out and get supplies to stock my craft corner.

We do story time and work on letters/numbers, but again, only for a little while due to kids losing interest.
Cat Herder 08:29 AM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by littlemommy:
I've tried crafts with them before but no one has the attention span for it! They'll have fun for a couple minutes and then say they are done.

I have some new books with crafty ideas that I'm going to look at during naptime. Tonight I'll go out and get supplies to stock my craft corner.

We do story time and work on letters/numbers, but again, only for a little while due to kids losing interest.
I see your group is similar to the ages of mine.

Have you tried:

* dry erase boards
* mud and water tables (outside)
* popping bubble wrap by stomping on it
* painting with spray bottles (outside)
* freezing small plastic toys in watery paint (in ice tray) then using them to paint
* peeling your crayons and letting them do rubbings of leaves/textures
* turning whistles into bubble blowers
* melting packing peanuts with spray bottles (the eco kind )

It doesnt take much to let them have goofy fun. Goofy fun = smoother transition back.
littlemommy 08:32 AM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I see your group is similar to the ages of mine.

Have you tried:

* dry erase boards
* mud and water tables (outside)
* popping bubble wrap by stomping on it
* painting with spray bottles (outside)
* freezing small plastic toys in watery paint (in ice tray) then using them to paint
* peeling your crayons and letting them do rubbings of leaves/textures
* turning whistles into bubble blowers
* melting packing peanuts with spray bottles (the eco kind )

It doesnt take much to let them have goofy fun. Goofy fun = smoother transition back.
Thanks for the ideas. We tried bubble wrap a few weeks ago but no one was heavy enough to pop them!! Haha! We tried peeling crayons one day to melt them and make chunky crayons but everyone quit peeling after their first one.

I would love to get an old black board and let them draw with chalk!
daycare 08:56 AM 10-17-2011
water buckets...

place a shower curatin on the floor, then place a cloth sheet over to prevent slipping.

use any kind of shallow buckets. if you wish, you can add a drop of food coloring to one or two of them maybe yellow and blue so they can make green, even some bubbles.

give the kids droppers, spoons, measuring cups any thing they can fill with water...

they will have fun with this for hours..
Tags:arts and crafts- ideas, crafts, curriculum - age appropriate, curriculum websites
Reply Up