Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCM Reaction to My Part Time Job....
Breezy 06:26 PM 03-22-2012
Had to tell DCM about my part time job because I need to leave the house at 2:40 on Monday for an orientation. The normal hours are 5-8 Monday-Thursday and 10-3 on Saturdays.

Dcg is usually always picked up by 2:30 though they are contracted until 3:30. I told her my DH would be there though so he would sit with her and play if she is not picked up before I leave. He is my sub as outlined in my handbook.

She first freaked out saying that she has a 10 hour slot and is contracted through 3:30 and asked what time I expected her to be picked up Monday-Thursday. I then repeated the fact that Monday is the only day I need to be there by 3. She then goes on to say that she is concerned about me working until 8 and then being able to get up to have her child by 5:30. Really lady?? I told her I never get to bed until 11 and that I am up multiple times a night with my DS....

NOTHING is changing and she wouldnt even have to know about my job but for the fact that my dh may be there Monday subbing.
Greenplasticwateringcans 06:48 PM 03-22-2012
So for one Monday your DH might have to watch DCC for maybe an hour? Nothing else changes.....
Hopefully DCM comes around quickly
Congrats on the new job!
saved4always 06:48 PM 03-22-2012
What you do when you do not have her child is NONE of her business. Tell her that you would be happy not to work the new job if she is willing to have her child's fees increased to cover whatever you would make at this job.
Breezy 07:45 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by saved4always:
What you do when you do not have her child is NONE of her business. Tell her that you would be happy not to work the new job if she is willing to have her child's fees increased to cover whatever you would make at this job.
Thats what i said to my husband!!! Hahahah.
Breezy 07:45 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by Greenplasticwateringcans:
So for one Monday your DH might have to watch DCC for maybe an hour? Nothing else changes.....
Hopefully DCM comes around quickly
Congrats on the new job!
Exactly! Thank you!!!
daycare 08:15 PM 03-22-2012
some parents have the highest expectations that its nuts.

One time I fell and hit my head while at daycare (tripped over a toy go figure)

It was only about an hour before all of my pick ups were about to take place, but my husband wanted me to go to the ER ( I had to get stiches)

So my neighbor takes me and on the way I text all the parents to let them know what was going on. One family that had their girls with me called me and started yelling at me and then pulled their two girls out of my daycare. All because me getting hurt and leaving was NOT in my contract....

REALLY that is what they said.

It was in my contract by the way....you know the section about provider emergencies. Oh and my husband was and still is listed as my sub......

Geerrr....I wanna smack the mom for you....
Breezy 08:25 PM 03-22-2012
I am considering terming as I will be in a financial situation to do so. Just not sure if I want to.
momofboys 05:25 AM 03-23-2012
Sorry you are going through this. I know it is too late but I never would have told the DCM you were taking a PT job. I would have said DH was subbing this Mon b/c I had an appt - true it is an appt for orientation but she didn't need to know that. None of the DCFs business if it is outside of DC hours.
BigMama 10:19 AM 03-23-2012
So you are not closing early? You are not missing any daycare days? You are taking a second job instead of raising your fees? So...she is mad because you are NOT inconveniencing her in any way? Wow. What a waste of anger. I save angry for things like war and social injustice, but you know, to each her own...
Breezy 10:24 AM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by BigMama:
So you are not closing early? You are not missing any daycare days? You are taking a second job instead of raising your fees? So...she is mad because you are NOT inconveniencing her in any way? Wow. What a waste of anger. I save angry for things like war and social injustice, but you know, to each her own...
She's a big brat!
My3cents 10:33 AM 03-23-2012
congratulations on the new pt job. What are you going to be doing if you don't mind me asking. Just curious. I am wondering what the contrast from daycare to your new job is going to be.

I agree with everyone else........none of her bus. I would have assured her, that if I can't handle your child during the day, I would be the first person to tell you that.......and left it at that. Sometimes we are put into positions to give out more information then we actually need to give.....

Many people work 2 jobs...... ugh
Breezy 10:41 AM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
congratulations on the new pt job. What are you going to be doing if you don't mind me asking. Just curious. I am wondering what the contrast from daycare to your new job is going to be.

I agree with everyone else........none of her bus. I would have assured her, that if I can't handle your child during the day, I would be the first person to tell you that.......and left it at that. Sometimes we are put into positions to give out more information then we actually need to give.....

Many people work 2 jobs...... ugh
Thank you!

I will be working in an office setting appointments for a local window and door company consoltations.
Mary Poppins 11:46 AM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by BigMama:

Hilarious and spot on.
Reply Up