Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Best Wipes?
newtodaycare22 10:28 AM 06-28-2012
What's your fav. type/brand of wipes for those WHOA NOW type of poops? I have Bj's right now and it's not cutting it for me.
Half-Pint Hide-Out 10:39 AM 06-28-2012
I use Huggies Natural Care wipes and I keep them in a wipe warmer, which I think makes a big difference in cleaning up those major yucky ones. I started using the Huggies because I had a bunch of coupons and I was happy with them, so I've kept using them!
littlemissmuffet 10:45 AM 06-28-2012
Kirkland from Costco! I prefer their dipes too!
newtodaycare22 10:47 AM 06-28-2012
Hmm wipes warmer-I'll have to look into that! I have no kids of my own and I only take potty trained, so I've never had this experience! lol One of my kids is currently regressing (story in another thread if your are interested).

thanks!!
Blackcat31 11:00 AM 06-28-2012
Target brand unscented.
Sugar Magnolia 11:01 AM 06-28-2012
I like Publix brand, very study, but cheaper than name brands.
Sugar Magnolia 11:03 AM 06-28-2012
Oops, I forget Publix is regional, you probably don't have one in maryland. Shout out to the best store on earth though, PUBLIX ROCKS!
cheerfuldom 11:05 AM 06-28-2012
I like the Target brand as far as quality with a good price.
jojosmommy 11:23 AM 06-28-2012
Target brand. Seems like they are wetter than Huggies IMO. Seems like I use 3 Huggies for every 1 Target one.
DBug 11:24 AM 06-28-2012
Huggies, any line. If I couldn't use Huggies, I'd have to close my daycare . I just wouldn't use any other brand.

I use them for hands and noses as well as bottoms too. Yeah, they're a little more than other brands (.32 cents each where I buy them), but totally worth it!
countrymom 11:37 AM 06-28-2012
I like huggies too, I bought the walmart brand and don't buy them. they are way too dry and way to thin, last time I buy those.
Breezy 11:41 AM 06-28-2012
Target brand. Love love love. 13 bucks for a huge box of refill. Cant beat that
Blackcat31 11:45 AM 06-28-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
Target brand. Love love love. 13 bucks for a huge box of refill. Cant beat that
LOL!! Dh and I just had this conversation. I asked him if buying the big refill box (total of 6 refill packs) verses the bag with 3 refill packs in it is any cheaper or a better deal. (I am NOT a math person and he is)

After doing the math, it is actually about 85 cents cheaper to buy two bags (3 refill packages each bag) instead of the bigger box.

Don't know what the prices are there compared to here..but check next time you go and see.
Childminder 11:54 AM 06-28-2012
Kirkland brand from Costco.
Breezy 12:00 PM 06-28-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
LOL!! Dh and I just had this conversation. I asked him if buying the big refill box (total of 6 refill packs) verses the bag with 3 refill packs in it is any cheaper or a better deal. (I am NOT a math person and he is)

After doing the math, it is actually about 85 cents cheaper to buy two bags ( refill packages) instead of the bigger box.

Don't know what the prices are there compared to here..but check next time you go and see.
Oo I will!! Thanks!
My3cents 12:32 PM 06-28-2012

After doing the math, it is actually about 85 cents cheaper to buy two bags (3 refill packages each bag) instead of the bigger box.

love these too!!!

the big box has nine refills I believe- that is the one I get. 13something, I want to say 13.69 and I believe that the 3 pack is 4.99 I get the purple box, unscented. Best wipes I have found. I also like the diapers-
Blackcat31 12:48 PM 06-28-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
love these too!!!

the big box has nine refills I believe- that is the one I get. 13something, I want to say 13.69 and I believe that the 3 pack is 4.99 I get the purple box, unscented. Best wipes I have found. I also like the diapers-
You are correct there are 9 refill packs in the box...and the bag I get has 6 refills in it....I was thinking 3 for some reason......I guess I only look at total amount of wipes verses number of refill packages.

Anyway, I buy the blue package (unscented) and get a total of 528 wipes for $4.99 (which works out to be .009 cents per wipe)

The box with 9 refill packages has 792 wipes in it for $13.69 (which works out to be .017 cents per wipe) so the bag is cheaper per wipe than the box but only by pennies.

.....but still I use them for EVERYTHING so I imagine the tiny cost difference does add up after time. It is actually so minimal that it would take years to make a difference I would see....

http://www.target.com/c/wipes-warmer...&RatingFacet=0
MsMe 01:07 PM 06-28-2012
ANYTHING other than Pampers!!! Those things should be outlawed!!!!
nothingwithoutjoy 01:13 PM 06-28-2012
I use 7th Generation. Not a deal, but I'm voting with my dollars for gentler products. I wanted to recommend the way I buy them, though, for convenience and a better price (would work with other brands, too). I use "subscribe and save" on Amazon.com. You get a better price by ordering by the case and having them delivered on a schedule (for wipes, I do every 6 months; I don't use many, as most of my kids are out of diapers right now. But you can pick the frequency. And if it turns out you need more right now, or still have way too many in 6 months, it's easy to skip or add a shipment). Free shipping; comes right to my door. I love it. We do toilet paper, dishwasher detergent, and a few other things this way.
pootmcgoot 01:13 PM 06-28-2012
Cloth wipes with a little bit of baby soap and tea tree oil.
spud912 01:29 PM 06-28-2012
I have used the pampers (received a huge box as a gift) and I have to say I did like them . They were very soft and smelled nice.

Normally, I use Costco's Kirkland. I like that they come in the bag-type of container and not the bulky box. They seem to stay moist for extended periods of time too.
DaycareMama 03:45 PM 06-28-2012

Its probably 85 cents for the box! Good to know!!
Crazy8 04:15 PM 06-28-2012
Huggies Natural Care.... get them on amazon subscribe and save. Used to use Target and they were ok (better than pampers) but I like that Huggies are thicker.
wahmof3 04:18 PM 06-28-2012
My fav are pampers- when they're on sale.
Hunni Bee 07:24 PM 06-28-2012
Huggies is the best, followed by the Wal-Mart brand, Parents Choice.

I hate the "stretchy" kind in any brand. Target is notorious for this, although they're pretty good wipes.

I have a non-toilet trained, almost 5-year-old boy with multiple special needs...his poops are massive, very frequent and really gritty and hard to clean. I have to sometimes just lay the wipes on him to get the poop off. Parents Choice does the job well.
momofboys 07:27 PM 06-28-2012
I really like the Huggies ones b/c they are thicker & more like a washcloth.
MyAngels 08:27 PM 06-28-2012
Huggies by far, but the Walmart - the Equate, not the Parent's Choice - brand is a close second. For some strange reason you have to get the Equate brand from the aisle in the personal care section at my Walmart, rather than in the baby area, which is where the Parent's Choice is.

I'm tempted, after reading these replies, to check out the Target brand now.
jokalima 09:05 PM 06-28-2012
I use Parents Choice, but have to say Huggies are the best ones, after huggies is parents choice and I get those ones because they are really good and better for my pocket. I know I have some parents that use the Toys R Us Brand to bring for me to use but they use Huggies at home, LOL they think IDK but I do... And my other mom brings Target brand and my third family uses Parents Choice like me.
DCMom 05:39 AM 06-29-2012
Originally Posted by DBug:
Huggies, any line. If I couldn't use Huggies, I'd have to close my daycare . I just wouldn't use any other brand.

I use them for hands and noses as well as bottoms too. Yeah, they're a little more than other brands (.32 cents each where I buy them), but totally worth it!
LOL, I feel the same way

I buy them at Sam's Club on evalue right now for $15.98/800 wipes. Works out to .019/wipe. I bought two cases last night
SunshineMama 05:48 AM 06-29-2012
I like Costco brand.
Kiki 06:38 AM 06-29-2012
I use the Parent's Choice ones as well, unscented. I've never tried the Target ones, I'll have to give them a shot since everyone here is praising them.
pootmcgoot 07:15 AM 06-29-2012
Hate Kmart wipes btw! Total pain to use.
Tags:wipes
Reply Up