Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Urgh!
countrymom 11:34 AM 07-19-2012
I have a teachers kid who comes only once a week. He's 4. He now doesn't know how to play by himself or with others. Wants me to entertain him. Oh the best part is that he now can't wipe his bum. Sorry but I refuse to wipe a 4 yr olds bum. He goes to school in sept. So I only have him for a couple more weeks.
newtodaycare22 11:38 AM 07-19-2012
Last year I had a 4 year old who tried to tell me that she couldn't wipe herself. I told her she's going to kindergarten soon and she HAS to learn. She told me "But my arms are too short!!!" and I'm pretty sure I lost it laughing. DH refers to her as 't-rex girl'
Countrygal 01:59 PM 07-19-2012
None of my kids know how to play. They all expect me to entertain them. I have been wracking my brain for ways to train them to play, but I am afraid that by that age it may be too hard to teach them. It sure seems like they don't "get it". I think kids these days don't learn how to play. IMO
Kaddidle Care 02:09 PM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
Last year I had a 4 year old who tried to tell me that she couldn't wipe herself. I told her she's going to kindergarten soon and she HAS to learn. She told me "But my arms are too short!!!" and I'm pretty sure I lost it laughing. DH refers to her as 't-rex girl'
That's great! I about spit out my coffee!
DaisyMamma 05:00 AM 07-20-2012
T-rex will be gone soon! Hang in there.
I do not entertain. Kids play for freetime on their own. I have one PT kid who is clearly entertained by mom all day and will come stand in front of me every so often. I just tell him "go play."
countrymom 05:35 AM 07-20-2012
me and a dcp were talking about this same problem this morning. How children don't don't know how to entertain themselves. She says that she can't believe how many children don't know how to play by themselves, even she's shocked.
Reply Up