Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Insurance for Driving
Greenshadow 11:28 AM 06-11-2010
Do those of you that drive your daycare kids places have insurance to cover them in case of an accident? I dont take my kids anywhere yet but wanted to start doing that when I hired an assistant. I just wanted to see what others do for this. And what about the kids in the other car? I guess I'd have to pay to insure BOTH vehicles? Ugh.
Former Teacher 07:07 AM 06-12-2010
If I am not mistaken (it can happen! ) my former director had all her personal vehicles as well as the DC van under one policy. Like I said I could be wrong.

You may want to check with your state though because licensing regulations are all different.
Chickenhauler 09:58 AM 06-12-2010
Our additional coverage for daycare transportation is part of our daycare liability policy through Adults and Childrens Alliance (food program administrator).

The policy reads to the effect of "Any vehicle operated, driven, rented, leased, owned, borrowed blah blah blah for the use of daycare transportation".

In other words, I could borrow my neighbors truck for daycare use and we are covered for daycare transportation liability.
MarinaVanessa 11:18 AM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by Chickenhauler:
Our additional coverage for daycare transportation is part of our daycare liability policy through Adults and Childrens Alliance (food program administrator).

The policy reads to the effect of "Any vehicle operated, driven, rented, leased, owned, borrowed blah blah blah for the use of daycare transportation".

In other words, I could borrow my neighbors truck for daycare use and we are covered for daycare transportation liability.
Mine works this way also.
Tags:drivers insurance
Reply Up