Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>NY reg question list
daycarediva 07:16 AM 03-05-2014
I am going to a training next Tuesday strictly about the new regs. The lead registrar will be there, and I have called CSEA, they have received so many phone calls, that our rep is attending as well! I have contacted 12 local providers and they had NO CLUE about some of these new regs. They are researching and going to the training with questions, too.

What would you say/ask?

I want an actual copy of the regs!

I want to know where they can legally inspect and WHY!

I want to know what is up with the personal screen time! After many discussions with dh about time (rather lack thereof) if I can't do schoolwork online, I will have to drop to one class/semester. My degree is going to take FOREVER and it's FOR the CHILDREN!

Why didn't they leave the water/juice only thing alone and let CACFP set the guidelines (so that I COULD opt out?)

Anything else?
Leanna 08:05 AM 03-05-2014
I was going to start a thread of questions too! Great minds

I called to sign up for our training on the reds and got WAITLISTED! They told me they are going to add another session because so many providers want to attend.

My other questions would be:
- Does attendance now have to note the child's time in and out - not just P or A?
- What is required for the shelter in place drills. (and how much) What about kids with meds?
- How is "brief and necessary" communication defined? How will this reg.be regulated? The reg. does not say that naptime (when we are still supervising kids) is an exception so exactly when should we be able to handle "personal" business?
-What are some EPA approved disinfectants that can be used for sanitizing?

I also want a copy of the regs. I also want to know where they can inspect. I would also like to know why my registrar was instructed not to answer any questions about the new regs!
melskids 08:20 AM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I am going to a training next Tuesday strictly about the new regs. The lead registrar will be there, and I have called CSEA, they have received so many phone calls, that our rep is attending as well! I have contacted 12 local providers and they had NO CLUE about some of these new regs. They are researching and going to the training with questions, too.

What would you say/ask?

I want an actual copy of the regs!

I want to know where they can legally inspect and WHY!

I want to know what is up with the personal screen time! After many discussions with dh about time (rather lack thereof) if I can't do schoolwork online, I will have to drop to one class/semester. My degree is going to take FOREVER and it's FOR the CHILDREN!

Why didn't they leave the water/juice only thing alone and let CACFP set the guidelines (so that I COULD opt out?)

Anything else?
I would argue the school work one. I don't have the regs in front of me, so don't quote me, but it says no screens at nap time, with an exception of for business related purposes. I would argue that the homework IS business related.

Our meeting is tomorrow night. Our family registrars, group licensors, someone from Albany, the fire safety rep, our union rep, and a group of VERY angry providers. It should be interesting. LOL
Reply Up