Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Opening Early?
Unregistered 09:34 AM 11-05-2014
Logged out for privacy here. Wondering what you all charge for opening early for a client?
My normal hours are 6:30 - 5:30p. New client needs me starting at 6a and said she is willing "of course" to pay extra for me opening earlier for her. Hours are aprox 43 hours per week.
Have any of you done that for a client? if so, what did you charge per day/week for that earlier time?
TIA!
Leigh 09:47 AM 11-05-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Logged out for privacy here. Wondering what you all charge for opening early for a client?
My normal hours are 6:30 - 5:30p. New client needs me starting at 6a and said she is willing "of course" to pay extra for me opening earlier for her. Hours are aprox 43 hours per week.
Have any of you done that for a client? if so, what did you charge per day/week for that earlier time?
TIA!
What would make it worth it for YOU? I would need at least $50 a week to make it worth getting out of bed even 1/2 hour earlier.
Soccermom 09:58 AM 11-05-2014
There is no amount of $ that would encourage me to open any earlier than I already do and I only open at 7am! LOL
melilley 10:23 AM 11-05-2014
Originally Posted by Soccermom:
There is no amount of $ that would encourage me to open any earlier than I already do and I only open at 7am! LOL
Same here!
I'm spoiled right now though. The earliest anyone arrives is at 7:40 and I dread the day that someone asks for a 7:00 drop off...
butterfly 10:23 AM 11-05-2014
Originally Posted by Soccermom:

If I WAS willing to do it, I'd probably figure out what my rate would be hourly and charge that much extra per day.
rosieteddy 10:31 AM 11-05-2014
I would absolutely charge 10 a day 50 for the week .It would have to be cash paid on first day of week.I would give reciept but that would be my "fun money" I would put it in a jar and have that visual .
Unregistered 10:32 AM 11-05-2014
I don't do the earlier but do late.. I have two families where a will do past my normal 5:30. I open at 7:15 but don't get anyone till 7:40.
Blackcat31 10:33 AM 11-05-2014
TIA!
I open approximately 20 minutes before my regular opening time.

I do it because the family does pay me extra for it AND they pick up earlier than any other family.

My daily rate breaks down to about $30 per day but I charge this family $10 PER day (they attend 4 days a week) for the extra 20 minutes.

I use the time to prepare for the day and have a little coffee/newspaper time to myself before others arrive.

Parents are VERY respectful are always on time and never a minute earlier than we agreed upon.

Whether that is a reasonable amount of $ to charge or not is up to each persons opinion but that is what I came up with to make it worth MY time to do it.

I don't have small children of my own at home and I don't work IN my home and have to drive into work earlier each day. But like I said....it's an amount I am comfortable with so it's a win-win for us both.

Bottom line, it's like Leigh said....what amount of $ makes it worth it for YOU.
TaylorTots 10:43 AM 11-05-2014
$50 per week was what I came up with (per child of course) too.

I also would never offer full time hours any more than what I do now (7-5). All my DCKs usually are gone by 4:30 and when they are here till 5 it DRAGS by.
AmyKidsCo 11:59 AM 11-05-2014
Originally Posted by Leigh:
What would make it worth it for YOU? I would need at least $50 a week to make it worth getting out of bed even 1/2 hour earlier.
Yup, what's it worth to YOU? I'd do it for an extra $10/day - paid regardless of whether they actually showed up at 6:00 or not.
Unregistered 12:36 PM 11-06-2014
thanks everyone! That was very helpful. I'm going to charge $10/day to open early. DCM said it might just be two days weekly she'd be early.
CraftyMom 05:12 PM 11-06-2014
thanks everyone! That was very helpful. I'm going to charge $10/day to open early. DCM said it might just be two days weekly she'd be early.
Oh boy, make sure she commits to which days. I see this ending up as you getting up early and being ready everyday and they don't show up early, except for 2 days.
AuntTami 05:16 PM 11-06-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
Oh boy, make sure she commits to which days. I see this ending up as you getting up early and being ready everyday and they don't show up early, except for 2 days.
COMPLETELY agree with this! I just got rid of a little girl who's drop off time was between 5am-8:30am, EVERY DAY! It lasted all of about 2 weeks. Long enough for me to realize that there was no pattern for me to at least try and figure out.
Reply Up