Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Unregistered 08:42 AM 11-14-2014
So yesterday I was getting after a dcb who has drop off issues every day. I told him he would go lay down if he didn't stop his screaming and whining said it right in front of his mom just as another dcm walked in and heard me say that to dcb. This morning she tells my assistant about it thinking my assistant is the boss my assistant said no she want the person to be telling. Sorry you don't like that I will go lay a screaming child down but mind your own business it didn't pertain to you or your kid. Mind you own friggin business! Seriously what do I say to her if she brings it up to me today? I'm not happy that she went to my assistant.
Unregistered 12:45 PM 11-14-2014
Monster 1 went down for nap an hour ago is currently up screaming (she was sleeping). She and her sister have been turds all day. Scream little one, scream, no one is going to save you from nap. muahahaha!
tntsmom 07:36 AM 11-18-2014
Okay, so today is a day of retrain, every minute, I am telling the kids to stop, do not do that, be nice, share, stop running, do not bang the toys together do not tear pages from the books, I FEEL I HAVE LOST ALL CONTROL!
I am losing my mind, cold weather, snow and children not dressed for the weather to even go out is driving me crazy. I do not know what has happened and why harmony has left the building, but I WANT IT BACK!!!
Any stress reliever ideas would be awesome!
tntsmom 07:39 AM 11-18-2014
LOL...darlin I hear ya, yeah us moms to many needs of too many makes moms dull people, because everything else in our life has been sucked dry!
Sunshine74 09:28 AM 11-18-2014
OT, but- We were supposed to have a huge snow storm starting last night and going into tomorrow morning. Well everywhere south and east of us got slammed- like 3-5 feet of actual snowfall. We got maybe an inch or two.

I love the snow, and I was really looking forward to actually having some. I am seeing everyone's pictures on Facebook of all the snow, and I just want to move.
CraftyMom 09:34 AM 11-18-2014
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
OT, but- We were supposed to have a huge snow storm starting last night and going into tomorrow morning. Well everywhere south and east of us got slammed- like 3-5 feet of actual snowfall. We got maybe an inch or two.

I love the snow, and I was really looking forward to actually having some. I am seeing everyone's pictures on Facebook of all the snow, and I just want to move.
Don't worry, it will come! I enjoying snow myself (to an extent) all too soon we'll be wishing for spring!
Sunshine74 05:02 PM 11-18-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
Don't worry, it will come! I enjoying snow myself (to an extent) all too soon we'll be wishing for spring!
There are pictures that show the storm, and you can actually see where the storm stops in the south end of the city and they are not moving.
Attached: safe_image.jpg (18.1 KB) novsnow.jpg (92.8 KB) 
Unregistered 05:56 PM 11-18-2014
Originally Posted by tntsmom:
Okay, so today is a day of retrain, every minute, I am telling the kids to stop, do not do that, be nice, share, stop running, do not bang the toys together do not tear pages from the books, I FEEL I HAVE LOST ALL CONTROL!
I am losing my mind, cold weather, snow and children not dressed for the weather to even go out is driving me crazy. I do not know what has happened and why harmony has left the building, but I WANT IT BACK!!!
Any stress reliever ideas would be awesome!
After having a frigid cold snap, and I'm in Canada - so when i say cold, i mean COLD, we are finally having a chinook; so we could actually go outside for a change and what happens?? Dcg 18 months, comes without boots. Mom had to go home twice already because she had forgotten stuff and was in tears, so I obviously didn't make an issue of it, but grrr. It was a waste of a good day. Oh and another dcm NEVER sends snowpants for her kids, so that limits us too. I feel your frustration.
Bookworm 10:07 AM 11-19-2014
Vent #1-This morning I spent almost 20 minutes trying to explain to an infant room parent that I don't work in the infant room. During this conversation, the real teacher comes in so I tell mom to talk with IR teacher. Mom then turns around and sees the teacher. She then turned back to me and said, "Oh you don't work in here? Well I can't keep up with you people. You all look alike to me". After a few seconds, she realized what she said and quickly left the room. It took about 15 min for the shock to wear off. Tomorrow morning should be real interesting.

Vent #2-DCD brought DCG 3 in dressed in spaghetti strapped shirt and capri pants complete with sandals. He proudly announced that DCG picked out her clothes and dressed herself. This morning's temp? 22°. Dad was sent back home for weather appropriate class and was not happy. Somebody please tell me there was a full moon last night because I can't think of any reason for this inanity.
Unregistered 10:43 AM 11-19-2014
Thank goodness I scheduled in an extra half hour before I needed to close for a doctor appointment today. Because in spite of the notes in the cubby and the email and the HUGE SIGN on TWO DOORS, one family did not realize I was closing early.
Blackcat31 10:50 AM 11-19-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thank goodness I scheduled in an extra half hour before I needed to close for a doctor appointment today. Because in spite of the notes in the cubby and the email and the HUGE SIGN on TWO DOORS, one family did not realize I was closing early.
I out a full size notice ON TOP the sign in sheet. Parents have to move it to sign in.

On certain occasions, I have had a sign that I require parents to sign at drop off acknowledging that they KNOW I am closing early or on xx date.

Sorry that happened to you.
melilley 11:01 AM 11-19-2014
DH has today off and is DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!!
daycarediva 11:13 AM 11-19-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
DH has today off and is DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!!
Mine, too.

He decided to reorganize our gym room. It is directly below my classroom. It is WEIGHTS and WEIGHT EQUIPMENT being moved around. ARGH!
melilley 11:53 AM 11-19-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Mine, too.

He decided to reorganize our gym room. It is directly below my classroom. It is WEIGHTS and WEIGHT EQUIPMENT being moved around. ARGH!
It must be reorganizing day! My dh is reorganizing our garage so we can fit our truck and jeep in it, which is great, but he'll ask if I can help lift this or that. NO! I have kids here.
And the snowblower was started, but thankfully the kids just went down for nap and the driveway is on the opposite side of the napping room.
Oh and don't forget the "can you get me this, can you get me that", like I don't have a million things to do myself. Ahhhhh! GET IT YOURSELF...lol
tntsmom 06:03 PM 11-19-2014
Would love to be in Canada!
tntsmom 06:04 PM 11-19-2014
Great idea!
Rockgirl 10:39 AM 11-20-2014
I'm sensing a plot to overthrow me. They're doing a pretty good job of it.
daycarediva 11:32 AM 11-20-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
It must be reorganizing day! My dh is reorganizing our garage so we can fit our truck and jeep in it, which is great, but he'll ask if I can help lift this or that. NO! I have kids here.
And the snowblower was started, but thankfully the kids just went down for nap and the driveway is on the opposite side of the napping room.
Oh and don't forget the "can you get me this, can you get me that", like I don't have a million things to do myself. Ahhhhh! GET IT YOURSELF...lol
I was trying SOOOO hard not to be witchy about the noise, because he took the initiative and cleaned the room himself. I complained about it needing a deep clean/reorganizing in there, but I didn't DO it. LOL!
Unregistered 12:24 PM 11-20-2014
Originally Posted by tntsmom:
Would love to be in Canada!
You're NUTS!!! Canadian winters suck b@lls!
daycarediva 12:11 PM 11-23-2014
Anyone else noticed a shift between the quality (going down) and the quantity (going up) of toys today?

Toys that are all battery operated. Flashing lights/sounds. TONS of choices. Nothing open-ended/that requires imagination. For one intended purpose/play. Lots OF these types of toys. Kids rooms are exploding with them. There is NO meaningful play.

I witnessed so much of it Christmas shopping today and had to stop myself from interrupting a stranger's conversation about how much her 4ish month old was learning with an ipad 'educational app' propped in front of her stroller. Grandma had been talking/shushing the getting-fussy baby, and it was WORKING, and the daughter whipped it out.

It was a bust at the toy store for my kids, except for some Legos.

I also went to a Mom's swap of toys and winter weather gear. Toys=same as at toy store. Left empty handed.

Then I stopped at Target, and the Halloween costumes were 90% off. Yay, cheap daycare dress up items. I bought nothing. All character. Not a cop, firefighter, doctor, clown, cowboy or whatever among them.

I went home and bought http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=plathomo-20 for my 6yo.
daycarediva 12:14 PM 11-23-2014
Oh, and Monday will be deprogramming from toy overstimulation and screens for most of my daycare kids.
jgcp 06:39 PM 11-25-2014
OK USDA I know you like to keep your money but it would be nice to release what you owe us so we can plan!!! We have to turn in menus on time ! Being paid on time would also be nice. OK rant over
momtomany74 12:47 PM 12-04-2014
So far today I've had a non stop crying 1yr old who promptly the up in the pack n play when I put him down for a nap. My swing suddenly stopped which normally wouldn't be the end of the world except the 6m old that uses it has lost it's mind and is beyond fussy, and the 18m just blew out her diaper with only one diaper left after multiple reminders about diapers!!! 500% done with today.
BumbleBee 10:18 AM 12-10-2014
No, dcb, a 30 minute nap is not enough. I realize you fell asleep in the car on the way over and your mom sat in my driveway, allowing you to sleep for a full 15 minutes, but seriously?

Scream away kid-I'm not coming to get you for another 45 minutes.
AmyLeigh 03:36 PM 12-12-2014
DCG is making me hate my name today. Every minute it's Aaaaammmmaaayyy. Then, when I respond, she looks at me as if she just forgot what she was going to say and makes something up to ask me. Breathe in, breathe out.....
hope 04:55 AM 12-15-2014
Dcm asks me at drop off to give dcg prunes because she hasn't had a BM since friday. I suggested juice because prunes can cause cramping or an explosive diaper....neither of which i want to deal with here. Dcm said that she really wanted her to have the prunes because that would definitely work. She also said dcg doesn't like them so it will be difficult giving them to her. Ugh...why couldn't dcm give them to her herself yesterday? I will give them but right before pick up and i will tell her she can deal with the explosive diaper and screams from cramps. Happy Monday! !!!
Second Home 06:07 PM 12-15-2014
After spending more hours than I can count tweaking my updated handbook / policies I was just about done with the new 11 page project . Only to have my power go out . I freaked out , not remembering at which point I had saved what I had done .

Luckily most of it was still good , only a little had to be re-done .
Unregistered 12:00 PM 12-16-2014
What a 30 minute nap for a 1 year old and you feel rested? You have got to be kidding me. UGH!
Play Care 02:53 PM 12-16-2014
Dear DCD,

How dare you try to make me feel bad because of a snow day. That is NOT the reason you couldn't attend your child's preschool Christmas party. You also didn't attend last year and that had nothing to do with me/my time off. I was crystal clear about my policies with you when you signed on - it was so important your child attend "real" preschool that you seem to have ignored those just to get what you want. And as it is you do NONE of the preschool activities with her. Seriously, stop trying to BS me. We all know what kind of parent you are. Small towns, remember? You are so fortunate that I love your child. And even with that you are on thin ice.

Sincerely,

Wasn't born last night
daycarediva 04:20 PM 12-16-2014
Wow Kate!!! Just wow!

Dear neighbor,
How dare you come over here to threaten/accuse me during business hours. I have ignored/dealt with your late night drinking parties, your horseshoes flying over the fence, your bonfires that stink up my house, and your ridiculously scary dog without coming to your door.
Sincerely,
This isn't Mr. Rogers neighborhood

My neighbor accused my 3 indoor/outdoor cats of pooping on his walkway. He was LIVID and went on to say that he walked in it, and through his house with his infant son on the floor before he noticed.

1. My cats have never pooped outside the litter boxes. EVER. My yard is completely poop free.
2. He has a LARGE DOG that poops EVERYWHERE.
3. This isn't our first run in, his wife came over yelling at me in summer about my 'loud music' waking their newborn while I was staining our porch (it was my cell at full volume, not loud AT ALL).
4. Their dog is SCARY. He runs up and down the fence line and growls/barks at the kids and anyone passing by. We DO NOT go out front for a walk when they are home to let him out. Other people cross the street when they walk by. Our other neighbors have complained.

My very large DCD (6'6'+)was present and stayed during his ranting. He finally held the door open for the guy and looked intimidating enough that he backed down. This neighbor guy does this SOLELY when my dh is gone (and he knows this bc dh's service van wasn't in the driveway).
Play Care 02:48 AM 12-17-2014
Yikes Diva!!! Let's have a drink!
Unregistered 10:39 AM 12-17-2014
Thanks daycare mom for bundling junior up this morning with a hat and gloves. Next time try shoes on his feet. They are essential just like his hat a gloves duh!!! People are so stupid I think they get stupider by the day!
daycarediva 11:09 AM 12-17-2014
I did! I ended up sitting down with a vodka on the rocks at 9 and falling asleep within minutes of finishing it. HAHA!

My dh is LIVIDDDDD.
Bookworm 06:21 PM 12-17-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thanks daycare mom for bundling junior up this morning with a hat and gloves. Next time try shoes on his feet. They are essential just like his hat a gloves duh!!! People are so stupid I think they get stupider by the day!
If I hear, "It's not cold in the garage" one more time, I'm going off.
Unregistered 09:48 PM 12-17-2014
Really DCD you didn't notice your child still has a runny nose even after I wrote a note yesterday that your child had one. Great! Now your child has a fever on top of that and probably infected the rest of the group just because you couldn't be bothered to keep your child home to rest. Are you really that clueless? Can't wait for this week to end and start my Christmas vacation.
Unregistered 01:45 PM 12-19-2014
I hate that smelly stuff that makes it's appearance in the form of blowouts! Makes me want to vomit and makes my house (even with 3 Scentsy warmers) stink! Save it for your momma for once please! 😷
BumbleBee 11:14 AM 12-21-2014
1. Sent out a list of 'dates closed' for the daycare in September. It included dates for the rest of 2014 and all of 2015

2. Put a reminder in both the November and December newsletters that daycare will be closed Dec 25th-Jan 4th.

3. Put a sign on the door with a reminder that daycare will be closed Dec. 25th-Jan 4th.

4. Sent a reminder text to all daycare parents TWICE that daycare will be closed Dec 25th-Jan 4th.

So Dcm picks up on Friday and says to me "Dck won't be here next week and I don't think I'll need you until school is back in session (Jan 5th)."

I replied "Well that's good, because I'm closed from the 25th to the 4th."

Dcm: "I had no idea!" and she was completely serious.

Are you kidding me???????
Unregistered 08:34 PM 12-21-2014
Yeah I had a dcm ask me on Friday what days we are going to be closed for Christmas I tell her and then she goes oh I just wondered but we will be out of town. The. Why the hell did you waste my time by asking me and having me tell you? Some people I swear!
Play Care 12:47 PM 12-22-2014
I am trying hard to drink more water as I just have a hard time drinking (if I drink 36-40oz of liquid a day that's a lot - mostly water, milk and some orange or apple juice - okay okay and some wine in the evening but geesh!) So I know I need more water. But I've been peeing all. day. long. And I remembered this is why I don't drink as much water as I should.
Play Care 05:53 AM 12-23-2014
Despite the two newsletters, a separate letter to him last week and a note on the door, my clueless DCD thought I was open today. THANK GOD at least this time we caught it yesterday - when another parent told me she was excited that vacation was starting RIGHT NOW! He said "oh, you're closed tomorrow?!"

Head meet desk...
daycarediva 11:25 AM 12-23-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I am trying hard to drink more water as I just have a hard time drinking (if I drink 36-40oz of liquid a day that's a lot - mostly water, milk and some orange or apple juice - okay okay and some wine in the evening but geesh!) So I know I need more water. But I've been peeing all. day. long. And I remembered this is why I don't drink as much water as I should.
I drink a LOT of water, and this is why I have every 2 hour potty times. Not for the kids, ME!
Play Care 12:05 PM 12-23-2014
I drink a LOT of water, and this is why I have every 2 hour potty times. Not for the kids, ME!

Rockgirl 02:52 PM 12-23-2014
All my full-timers were gone by 4:00 today. I'm sitting here with one kindergartner, who is now coming as a drop-in. He'll probably be here until 5:30.
Silly Songs 07:53 PM 12-23-2014
When we have low numbers in our center , teachers are moved around to different rooms . I was with the one year olds today and the last one was picked up at 6:15 😩 Mommy said she was shopping ! Poor kid was hungry and tired . I think some other classes had children until after 6:30 tonight !
BumbleBee 06:36 PM 12-31-2014
Dcm called today-I didn't answer because I'm on vacation (well I'm closed and reopening on the 5th, I didn't actually go anywhere) and I just listened to the voicemail she left.

"Hey just wanted to let you know I got a new job and I start this Friday so I'll be bringing dck around 8:30. See you then!"

WTF???? I'm closed, end of story. I called her because I don't want to deal with this on Friday. Told her I'm closed and will reopen on the 5th as scheduled. Also told her that the closing schedule was handed out in September and was put in both the November and December newsletters. She hemmed and hawed about what she was going to do. I told her to have a nice New Year's Eve and hung up.

A few minutes ago same dcm texted me to 'let me know' that dck would now be here 8:30-5:30 M-F. She's currently on contracted hours 9:30-2:30 M-F. Grrrrrrrr. I haven't decided what to say yet or when to say it but I'm fuming. Happy flippin New Year. She might be starting her new year with a new provider with the way she's going.
NeedaVaca 09:35 AM 01-01-2015
If you decide to keep her I would definitely charge a higher rate for those extra hours!
jgcp 10:16 AM 01-02-2015
Its been a nice quiet couple of weeks with dck here and there ( not complaining cause the break was nice even without pay) Then dcm come in this morning with dcg no snow shoes just slip on flats, torn up play dress and a robe for a coat! REALLY its 9 degrees out and we have 8in of snow out there! then she started telling me how everyone in there house has a cough.... SUPER bring her on in and she wonders why they are all sick... AND IT STARTS AGAIN
BumbleBee 12:07 PM 01-02-2015
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
If you decide to keep her I would definitely charge a higher rate for those extra hours!
I would if those hours were available right now but they aren't. lol. Joke's on her I guess. When those hours become available I'll give her the option of taking them but for now it's not an option. Financially the extra hours would bring in less than a school ager and if she pulls all together I have part timers who are chomping at the bit to go full time so it all works out (for me at least)
TheGoodLife 12:16 PM 01-02-2015
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
I would if those hours were available right now but they aren't. lol. Joke's on her I guess. When those hours become available I'll give her the option of taking them but for now it's not an option. Financially the extra hours would bring in less than a school ager and if she pulls all together I have part timers who are chomping at the bit to go full time so it all works out (for me at least)
So she's planning to just drop off Monday with the hours she "informed" you she'd be using, 4 more than what's in her contract? I hope you contact her soon so you're not getting an early drop off, and a late pick up that day! What a bummer to deal with on your holiday break
BumbleBee 03:25 PM 01-02-2015
Originally Posted by TheGoodLife:
So she's planning to just drop off Monday with the hours she "informed" you she'd be using, 4 more than what's in her contract? I hope you contact her soon so you're not getting an early drop off, and a late pick up that day! What a bummer to deal with on your holiday break
I contacted her and let her know the deal. She's on contracted hours, I can add the hour earlier but not the hours later. When they come available I will let her know. Also gave her the new rate with the extra hour added. She's not happy but I really don't care at this point.
Play Care 01:14 PM 01-05-2015
Dear DCM,

You seriously thought I would allow your child in tomorrow when she vomited at 2:45 in the afternoon? All over my brand new carpet, I might add.
Really? Aside from the fact it's in my contract, a 24 hour quarantine is just plain, old fashioned common sense.
See you Wednesday!
rhondawarren 05:17 AM 01-06-2015
Unfortunately one of the parents I have now thinks that her son should have special rules, that I should change my schedule for my entire daycare to fit all of her needs and seeing that I started this as MY business and built a day care onto my house to have MY own business I REFUSE to let anyone try to be my boss.

Anyways ... I wrote up some highlights from my contract that needed to be touched on and had all of the parents sign it for going into the New Year. Her son likes to bring things and NOT share. So one of the things on the list was no outside toys unless you would like to share. So when he first started coming he was bringing a stuffed tiger which didnt cause must issue (its the other toys he brings that does) and then she stopped bringing it. But after reading my letter she decided to let him bring it this morning then says I read in the letter that he cannot bring outside toys does this mean he cannot bring his blankie and his tiger and then rolls her eyes. I said no as you read in the letter it says no outside toys UNLESS your child wishes to share. Which ... your son does not like to share toys when he brings them from home. She just rolled her eyes. Ask me if I care ....

I have my reasonable rules set for a reason ... so that I can spend my time having fun and caring with the kids. I refuse to spend my entire day breaking up fights over toys that should not be brought in the first place.

She is also the mom that even though I provide breakfast she brings a bowl of food for him everyday in front of the other kids. I put a stop to that as well. Grrrrrrr
Unregistered 05:30 AM 01-06-2015
I had the same issue with a mom who let her twins bring a "special" toy every time they came and it was the first fight of the day between the kids, so I reminded her that I don't like toys to be brought, because we have plenty of toys here, and thought that would be the end of it. Guess who shows up with toys the very next day? I have a shoebox now for outside toys. When they come with a toy, I say "let's put in the toy garage for the end of the day!" The toy goes in the box and if they remember, they take it back before they leave. Has worked well so far, and let me tell you, the first time little dck forgets that special stuffed animal in the box and won't go to bed that night without, parents seem to figure out that leaving it in the car is a much safer idea!
rhondawarren 05:41 AM 01-06-2015
I had to have a talk with her about his behavior. Pushing and shoving another little boy. So the VERY next morning she brings a toy in a box that had not even been opened yet. He fought all day because this was his toy his mommy brought for him that santa gave him. So I thought about putting it up then I thought no ... I am MAKING him sit there and share for the entire 11 hours I have him then maybe the next time he will remember I either need to share or leave it at home
TheGoodLife 07:12 AM 01-06-2015
Originally Posted by rhondawarren:
I had to have a talk with her about his behavior. Pushing and shoving another little boy. So the VERY next morning she brings a toy in a box that had not even been opened yet. He fought all day because this was his toy his mommy brought for him that santa gave him. So I thought about putting it up then I thought no ... I am MAKING him sit there and share for the entire 11 hours I have him then maybe the next time he will remember I either need to share or leave it at home
Take out the "unless"... it'll cause so much less stress and no battles "No outside toys" and "no outside food". I have those same policies- pretty standard, not being overly picky IMO. Takes the "well, my darling little poopsie will share so well, so I brought it"
rhondawarren 07:38 AM 01-06-2015
This is true ...
She brought a tablet one day and left it all day and told me ... you be sure you take good care of this. I was like ummm no I am not responsible for you leaving a tablet with an almost three year old.
Play Care 07:48 AM 01-07-2015
The dry winter air. We have been going back and forth about a whole house humidifer since they are supposedly way better than they used to be and I don't have the time to clean and descale portable units. Haven't done anything yet. Today all my DCK's hair is standing straight up and my nose is bloody.

I finally put a huge pot of water in the stove and one in a gated area by the fireplace. Hoping it helps a bit.
daycarediva 08:54 AM 01-07-2015
The dry winter air. We have been going back and forth about a whole house humidifer since they are supposedly way better than they used to be and I don't have the time to clean and descale portable units. Haven't done anything yet. Today all my DCK's hair is standing straight up and my nose is bloody.

I finally put a huge pot of water in the stove and one in a gated area by the fireplace. Hoping it helps a bit.
Boil some on the stove for a bit!

We have humidifiers on the whole house and then because of the finished basement, we have 4 dehumidifiers downstairs. They're a pain in the butt!
Play Care 10:07 AM 01-07-2015
Boil some on the stove for a bit!

We have humidifiers on the whole house and then because of the finished basement, we have 4 dehumidifiers downstairs. They're a pain in the butt!
I am, it seems to be helping.
I just had to lol because during circle time I looked around and every. single. kid had their hair straight up in the air
Cradle2crayons 10:39 AM 01-07-2015
Dear Mother Nature... Take a Valium. And a Xanax.

I'm not in the mood for her games this week. I broke two ribs on Saturday. Long story. I hiccuped and my life flashed before me so I'm praying I don't have to sneeze for a few weeks.

Doesn't make it better it's on my dominant side. I can only sleep on my right side for medical reasons and this isn't helping matters.

With that said, I started a wonderful little 3.5 month old girl this week. She's precious and the 7.5 month old little guy here thinks she's pretty awesome too haha.

I hear the next few nights we are in for even more Pms from Mother Nature. Can someone please tell her to stop.it.now.
Bookworm 01:21 PM 01-07-2015
Do you know why there's no food left DCD? It's because it is now 11:45 and lunch was over at 11:30. And yes you do need to go get her something to eat. "Why didn't we save her a plate"?, you ask. Because you didn't call and ask us to. "That's not fair", you say. What's not fair is that you didn't feed your child all morning, you show up after lunch expecting a plate and then tell us not to worry about feeding DCK. No, you will not get a pass on this. Ok, rant over. I've holding this in all day. I don't know why this particular situation bothered me as much as it did. It's not the first time I've dealt with this.
TheGoodLife 04:00 PM 01-07-2015
Originally Posted by Bookworm:
Do you know why there's no food left DCD? It's because it is now 11:45 and lunch was over at 11:30. And yes you do need to go get her something to eat. "Why didn't we save her a plate"?, you ask. Because you didn't call and ask us to. "That's not fair", you say. What's not fair is that you didn't feed your child all morning, you show up after lunch expecting a plate and then tell us not to worry about feeding DCK. No, you will not get a pass on this. Ok, rant over. I've holding this in all day. I don't know why this particular situation bothered me as much as it did. It's not the first time I've dealt with this.
I sure hope you sent them away until he got DCK lunch?!
mommyneedsadayoff 06:23 PM 01-07-2015
I hate when first time moms act as though I don't know how to handle more than one child if one of them is an infant. My current DCM is super sweet and nice, but we were talking about their plans to have another baby and she said she would love for to watch both kids when the baby comes, but she is hoping it will work out so the newborn can stay with grandma for at least a few weeks when her maternity leave ends, so she doesn't have to bring both kids and have me "deal" with a 6 week old. I know she is trying to make things easy on me, but it is kind of insulting. "Dealing" with children is my job and I feel like it is more about saving a few weeks of payment, rather than helping me out, because I would rather have the newborn from the beginning, than after it spends 6 weeks with mom and then a month with Grandma, and then comes to me and I have to undo all the things they have done! (mom takes AP to a whole new level sometimes and will make grandma follow her lead) The majority of my previous experience in childcare was mutliple newborn care (identical 8 week old triplets was my last nanny job!), yet she doesn't seem to think I can handle one 6 week old??? Thanks for the vent thread! This is going to come in handy!!
BumbleBee 08:20 PM 01-07-2015
Snow days and school agers. That is all.
Bookworm 04:29 AM 01-08-2015
Originally Posted by TheGoodLife:
I sure hope you sent them away until he got DCK lunch?!
It took him less than 10 min.
Unregistered 05:09 PM 01-11-2015
Tonight I received this text: Been working on potty training. Going pretty well. We give her one m&m for pee and 2 for poop. We'll send a bag of m&ms.

Ummmm.....No.
TheGoodLife 07:30 AM 01-12-2015
Yes, DCD, you can put your son down at drop off! (Every day he hands him to me to carry to the kitchen for breakfast- he is 22 months old and can most definitely walk! Last Friday when he handed him to me I took two steps then had to put him down- I am 35 weeks pregnant and it's hard to carry him! So today he holds him, looks at me, and asks "should I just put him down?!) THIS is why he acts like he does and won't adjust well at ALL when your new baby comes in 2 months!!! This boy cries all day long when I'm not holding/interacting with him (and often even when I am!) and doesn't want to be in daycare .. Most likely because I won't baby him like he gets at home and he's only here half days. DCM wants to work just two full days next year when she goes back to teaching in the fall... glad I won't be his provider
Second Home 07:32 AM 01-12-2015
Thank you for bringing dcg here this morning after she tells you her belly hurts . She looks awful and says she is warm . In less than 30 minutes of being here she is puking all over my floors .

Oh and I love the surprise look when I said she can not come back tomorrow .
Givingthemgrace 12:21 PM 01-12-2015
I'm just exhausted the last few weeks. (P.S. I have only been doing daycare for 6 months!). It doesn't help that it's winter and freezing. I have a 5mo DCK who spits up 10-20 times per day, I have told DCM this, her Dr says it's fine. I lay down blankets under the baby but I have to change them out so often it adds a load of laundry every. Day. My own family of 4 barely makes that! And I usually have to clean 3 spots out of the carpet everyday, and change my clothes at least once a day! I'm sick of it.

My other daycare family I have to change my 2015 policies for because I am so sick of them. Most likely I am going to end up terming them because they just don't get it. There is just too much to even vent about with that family. I'm pretty sure when I tell them I don't offer sibling discounts and I now only take one baby at a time, they will start looking elsewhere (my infant spot is taken plus I have one on the way).

I'm mad at myself because I think I should have waited until we moved to start doing daycare. Our house is 950 sq ft...it's just not enough space, I don't like the feeling of sharing the whole house. And then once our house does sell, it seems like if we but a house I will be working just to pay for the extra cost of the extra space, plus some extra. But If we just got a double wide and put it on our land, we would break even...but obviously a double wide isn't as nice and DH loves having a basement for all of his man stuff. I hate hard decisions.
LysesKids 04:00 PM 01-12-2015
Originally Posted by Givingthemgrace:
I'm just exhausted the last few weeks. (P.S. I have only been doing daycare for 6 months!). It doesn't help that it's winter and freezing. I have a 5mo DCK who spits up 10-20 times per day, I have told DCM this, her Dr says it's fine. I lay down blankets under the baby but I have to change them out so often it adds a load of laundry every. Day. My own family of 4 barely makes that! And I usually have to clean 3 spots out of the carpet everyday, and change my clothes at least once a day! I'm sick of it.

My other daycare family I have to change my 2015 policies for because I am so sick of them. Most likely I am going to end up terming them because they just don't get it. There is just too much to even vent about with that family. I'm pretty sure when I tell them I don't offer sibling discounts and I now only take one baby at a time, they will start looking elsewhere (my infant spot is taken plus I have one on the way).

I'm mad at myself because I think I should have waited until we moved to start doing daycare. Our house is 950 sq ft...it's just not enough space, I don't like the feeling of sharing the whole house. And then once our house does sell, it seems like if we but a house I will be working just to pay for the extra cost of the extra space, plus some extra. But If we just got a double wide and put it on our land, we would break even...but obviously a double wide isn't as nice and DH loves having a basement for all of his man stuff. I hate hard decisions.
Who are you kidding that double wides aren't nice, hell my new single wide is fine for 4 babies and me and it's energy star rated. You can not only underpin them, but manufactured homes can be put on permanent foundations too... some are better than cheap stick built now - have you even checked into a dblewide lately to see the new improvements? If you own the land , build a small man cave separate from the house... bet hubby would be happy then
Leigh 04:24 PM 01-12-2015
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Who are you kidding that double wides aren't nice, hell my new single wide is fine for 4 babies and me and it's energy star rated. You can not only underpin them, but manufactured homes can be put on permanent foundations too... some are better than cheap stick built now - have you even checked into a dblewide lately to see the new improvements? If you own the land , build a small man cave separate from the house... bet hubby would be happy then

Absolutely true. My family owned a dealership, and I was AMAZED at how far the manufactured home business has come-energy efficient, nice looking, tons of upgrades available. I considered buying one about 8 years ago when I went into one and found a closet bigger than my bedroom at the time (beautiful closet with build-ins galore!).
Play Care 05:31 AM 01-13-2015
Double wides can be nice, and I've seen some very nice ones. But in terms of investment potential they are terrible. If you have 60-75 grand (as much as some basic doubles cost) you'd be better off putting that money down on a traditional house.
The problem is that it doesn't matter how much you dress them up, to the bank/insurance companies A trailer is a trailer is a trailer...
LysesKids 06:12 AM 01-13-2015
Double wides can be nice, and I've seen some very nice ones. But in terms of investment potential they are terrible. If you have 60-75 grand (as much as some basic doubles cost) you'd be better off putting that money down on a traditional house.
The problem is that it doesn't matter how much you dress them up, to the bank/insurance companies A trailer is a trailer is a trailer...
Agreed, however I know basics here that run 40-50,000 and they are energy star; my house was 21,000 including the heat pump and then I added gutters, shutters, decks and rain chains; I own it outright ( house by itself was bought in cash)... essentially what I would have paid to rent for 2.5-3 years here. My home was appraised at 35,000 for insurance reasons less than 12 months ago & my home was bought 18 months ago. Some of the homes hold value better than others if you have the right add ons. Energy Star homes are built a certain way for a reason. I know if I owned the land I might think differently, however I rent the lot and know I will move again in the next 10 years...it was cheaper for me because it is Just Me unless the babies are here
Givingthemgrace 06:27 AM 01-13-2015
The nice thing about a single or double wide would be that I wouldn't have to do daycare anymore. Even if I wanted to, it's pretty far out in the country. So my concern about keeping the daycare stuff separate from my kids stuff wouldn't matter.I have seen some really nice trailers-I love them! But a basement is really nice too for tornadoes, you're right DH can heat the garage for a man cave.
deliberateliterate 10:03 AM 01-13-2015
I don't understand the rush to potty train.

I have a 2y3m DCG that is not ready in the slightest. She is just starting to talk, has zero interest in the potty, and can't even really follow simple directions yet. She has been really late to hit pretty much all of her milestones; she just isn't ready.

But because she's over 2, it must be time, right?? DCM is lovely, but clueless. Her friend gave her a giant box of pull ups, and that's her main reason for starting.

She refuses to even sit on the potty at home, but "you'll put her on the potty every 20-30 minutes, right?" Nope. I've been putting her on 3 or 4 times a day when I think of it for over a week now, and not even one pee. But I'll keep doing it, and maybe when I run through her stash of pullups and she realizes how expensive they are, she'll back off.
KIDZRMYBIZ 09:23 AM 01-14-2015
Originally Posted by deliberateliterate:

I have a 2y3m DCG that is not ready in the slightest. She is just starting to talk, has zero interest in the potty, and can't even really follow simple directions yet. She has been really late to hit pretty much all of her milestones; she just isn't ready.

But because she's over 2, it must be time, right?? DCM is lovely, but clueless. Her friend gave her a giant box of pull ups, and that's her main reason for starting.

She refuses to even sit on the potty at home, but "you'll put her on the potty every 20-30 minutes, right?" Nope. I've been putting her on 3 or 4 times a day when I think of it for over a week now, and not even one pee. But I'll keep doing it, and maybe when I run through her stash of pullups and she realizes how expensive they are, she'll back off.
That's kinda my prob with the almost 2yo that is doing the 3-day-train I posted about. It seems like these days, parents want to train RIGHT NOW NO MATTER WHAT because they don't want to buy diapers anymore, or they don't care if their almost 4yo ever trains, and oh how I hate changing pants on a big 3yo!!!
KIDZRMYBIZ 09:27 AM 01-14-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:

Absolutely true. My family owned a dealership, and I was AMAZED at how far the manufactured home business has come-energy efficient, nice looking, tons of upgrades available. I considered buying one about 8 years ago when I went into one and found a closet bigger than my bedroom at the time (beautiful closet with build-ins galore!).
Manufactured and pre-fab homes have to conform to the same building standards and codes as those built on-site. They are every bit as good as most any cookie-cutter neighborhood home.
Unregistered 03:57 PM 01-15-2015
I Told daycare mom yes her son needs behavoral therapy and not just for nail biting he has issues he throws tantrums and screams every day he is the oldest child here and I don't want my littles to pick up these behaviors too and she said well my son picks up things from the other kids. But your son is the oldest and I he knows better. Get on board or its good bye to you!
jgcp 05:57 AM 01-16-2015
Sure dcm your barely 4 yr old is soooo ready for kindergarten.... who am I kidding BYEEEEEE!i wont complain if it actually happens...
deliberateliterate 11:27 AM 01-21-2015

Pretty much exactly what happened. I asked for more pullups and mom said that DCG is using them as diapers and it's too expensive to continue and that she'll give it some time and try again in a few months.

I did just find out that she is expecting twins in the summer, so I understand the rush a little more now. Paying for 3 sets of diapers is not ideal.
LysesKids 01:57 PM 01-21-2015
I knew something was off yesterday when little miss slept so much and very off schedule, today because it starts all over this morning only earlier ( she fell asleep with 45 minutes of arrival); add to this whining, not eating/drinking and just laying around... oh yeah, the Fever I called you about at Noon (the child is 20 months and normally whirlwind into everything)...

You finally leave work at 3pm after I threatened additional fees and you know in writing she isn't coming back tomorrow. I didn't appreciate the fact you left her here when there are younger babies needing my attention just because you don't have back up and no time off... not my problem and you know I am pissed that you didn't leave work earlier ( I have texts saying on my way for over a 2 hr period)

Little Miss ages out in 6 weeks so I am holding off termination, but moms last comments going out the door was her fever has been worse... that's not the bloody point mom
Gwen 05:34 PM 01-21-2015
Venting..... I am so frustrated by a new parent I have.

I have a small daycare that checks all the important and most the not-so-important boxes: competitive rate, small group; only 4 or 5, CLEAN, tidy, lots of organized, age-appropriate and educational toys, long hours available, I take no paid vacations, the children smile and enjoy me and my daycare, there are no real issues; behavioral or otherwise, bottoms kept clean and appropriately diapered, the children are fed on schedule and given naps on a schedule. sleeping arrangements are clean, comfy, appropriate and liked by the parents.

But this parent doesn't have much nice to say, rarely says "thank you" and got annoyed when three minor things happened; 1) one of her child's socks went missing until I persevered and found it later that night. I even texted her to let her know and sent her home with a spare sock so his feet would be warm! 2) I didn't have the pacifier on hand once and brought it out to her car before she left. 3) One time, her child went home with another child's diaper. A simple mix-up.

I do SOO much for her and give her better, more conscientious service than most providers i know of. Why can't she just not sweat the small stuff and be darned grateful her son is happy and getting such good care?!

daycarediva 03:55 AM 01-22-2015
Gwen, welcome! You really can't please everyone all of the time. I would be upfront (my style) and say "Dcm, I noticed that you were upset by X, Y and Z. Is it something you would like to discuss?" She probably doesn't really understand the dynamics of group care. She may want a nanny/1:1 care at group rates, she may just be an impossible to please woman, she may be jealous and want to stay home with her child. The possibilities are endless.

Also- child should have a spare set of clothes to change into and should not have needed to borrow a sock. Did dcm return YOUR sock?
kchlmom 04:34 AM 01-23-2015
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum so a bit of background before I start my rant lol! I a a mom to 4, my youngest being 12 oldest 19 and no longer living at home! I live in a very very small rural Ontario Canada town with a population of nearly 600. Our public school has 121 kids enrolled! I am one of 3 daycare providers in town. As you can imagine, good DCF's are hard to find!
Now for my rant! I have hands down the worst DCM ever! She lives behind me (in a town this small not providing care for neighbours would put you out of business) so I already broke my own first rule about not providing care for friends or neighbours. She is one of 4 part time families I care for. Every one around here is part time care. Most parents struggle to balance jobs and family often with moms working part time jobs and trying to work around dad's schedule. This results in very scattered hours and days. Back to this particular DCM, drop off is 5:30 am, (or should I say was!) This week DCG has been arriving anywhere from 5:10-5:20. I spoke to her about it and her reasoning was "winter weather" Granted she does work out of town but we have not had snow all this week and driving has been clear sailing! I have DCG until 2:15 (although his week has been closer to 2:30 as mom has been "running errands") DCG has been bringing outside toys all week. I spoke to mom and her response "she wont leave the house without them" So toys stay out in the porch. DCG is 3 and totes "Blankie" everywhere. As soon as mom leaves "Blankie" goes away and she is fine! You name it DCM has tried to pull it!
Food from home-check
Excuses why she cant pay-check (1 week before Christmas with the excuse of needing a new laptop! Do I look like I care!)
Last minute date changes-check (as in-You wont have her tomorrow since hubby changed shifts but you will have her Sunday!)
Horrible drop offs and pick ups-check (DCG become hell on two feet as soon as DCM arrives. Pick up can last up to 20 Minutes with DCG running wild and DCM laughing. Solved it by having DCG in coat and boots and at the door)
I could go on and on. And to top it off this morning asked me about February 14th (yes valentines day, yes its a Saturday!) so they can go to the Outdoorsman show! I made the mistake of saying that I was watching an 18 month old for the entire weekend as a favour to her Grandma who just recently got custody. DCM asked me how much I was charging for the wole weekend. When I told her she said "Wow you are really raking it in" To which I replied "Actually no Im not. That is 3 full days and 2 overnights with an 18 month old baby!)
UGHHHHH!!! If I werent leaving daycare all together n April I would term her now but I need her until then!
Kimskiddos 05:23 AM 01-23-2015
This week has been long enough as it is. All kids are coughing and/or snotty, it's been raining and cold for weeks and we are stuck inside.

Yesterday at 4:58PM (I close at 5:00PM) the only kiddo still here starts crying and says his eyes hurt. Next thing I know this kid is puking all over my playroom! He is inconsolable. Mom shows up as I am trying to clean him up a bit and then wants to stand around in the playroom comforting him, which is fine - I guess, now it's after 5. But he is still trying to gag.

Not how I needed my day yesterday to end!! Dcb went to the doctor and has ear and sinus infection and is on meds, so that's good. Glad it's not the stomach flu! Of course he is staying home today.
daycarediva 08:40 AM 01-23-2015
My 2 year old took the day off yesterday to spend with Grandma. She is now a completely different child. I CAN'T say no, but I think I will STRONGLY suggest they plan these days for FRIDAYS from now on. Pushing, screaming NO! MINE! "I DON'T WANT TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" and nobody is allowed to FEEL anything. "I feel so happy about..." "NO YOU DON'T! I DO!"

At least it IS Friday.
jgcp 06:08 AM 01-24-2015
Only a four day week but it was loonng glad its over. Dcg that runs her home was out all week in disneyland for her 3rd birthday so this week was fun.showed up everyday with a princess dress on? ( not to mention its 12* out) as soon as mom is gone I change her. Then tue at drop off dcm wont leave just keeps hugging and kissing dcg and says " its like the very first day all over again" whaaat?? I was trying not to laugh at how rediculous it sounded!( ive watched this dcg since I opened almost 2 yrs ago) the dcg has asked for cupcakes every single day this week cause its her birthday....uhhhh? And all my hard work with her went down the drain and her attitude was horrible. Hello weekend!!!!!
deliberateliterate 11:00 AM 01-27-2015
I'm having my very first experience with a DCP that I just don't like. At all.

I posted about him a few weeks ago. He tried to hand in his contract with the part he did't like scratched out. I tried to clear the air the day after we sorted it, and he made a passive agressive remark.

Yesterday, he comes to the door, and it's very chaotic (everyone gets picked up within a 15 minute window, and he's the first one). Kids are milling around the door trying to get their stuff on, and everyone is in a great, but loud mood. He tells two different DCKs, two different times to be quiet, that they are being too loud.

Um, that is NOT your place. If you don't like the noise, then the door is right behind you. I'll get your kids ready. But don't tell someone else's kids what to do when I'm in charge of them.
daycarediva 11:10 AM 01-27-2015
I'm having my very first experience with a DCP that I just don't like. At all.

I posted about him a few weeks ago. He tried to hand in his contract with the part he did't like scratched out. I tried to clear the air the day after we sorted it, and he made a passive agressive remark.

Yesterday, he comes to the door, and it's very chaotic (everyone gets picked up within a 15 minute window, and he's the first one). Kids are milling around the door trying to get their stuff on, and everyone is in a great, but loud mood. He tells two different DCKs, two different times to be quiet, that they are being too loud.

Um, that is NOT your place. If you don't like the noise, then the door is right behind you. I'll get your kids ready. But don't tell someone else's kids what to do when I'm in charge of them.

OH NO!!!! He would have been termed already. NO WAY!
Jack Sprat 12:42 PM 01-27-2015
Yesterday dcm arrived for p.u. Her older DD wanted to play with my DD. It was almost quitting time had one dck left. So I let it go. Younger dcg started throwing rocks at dcm. I told her to stop. I also reminded her that the rules don't change when mommies arrive. She continued to throw rocks while dcm stood there smiling and telling her to stop. She threw one at her mom and it hit her in the head. I told dcg to go to time out. She laughed and said no. I told her again dcm offered very little back up. DCG started screaming and crying. So I got my own DD and other dck and we went into the house. DCG was screaming and throwing a fit the whole way. For the love of my sanity, either get your kid and leave or discipline!!
deliberateliterate 10:30 AM 01-28-2015
OH NO!!!! He would have been termed already. NO WAY!
No kidding. I had his kids completely ready to go yesterday. Opened the door, said hello, deposited kids, wished him a good night, closed the door.
daycaremom85 07:01 AM 02-04-2015
I am new and I am glad found this forum. I have owned my own daycare for 8 years and I have plenty of things to vent about!
jgcp 07:07 AM 02-05-2015
I have 2 dck that are potty training buuut one is completely non verbal and I told both parents! They say she talks non stop at home??? She goes to another provider and we talk back and forth and its the same for her so its not me and dcd asked me how I did the other day..... uhhh I did great thanks but when I do put dcg on toilet she crys and doesn't go. id say she's not ready but who am I?? second dcg does talk and can do great here but her mom is so inconsistent and one day will bring her in panties but the next bring her in a diaper??? Then tells me any excuse in the book as to why she can't really commit to it??? But can take a week long trip to Disneyland but can't take ONE day off.... one of the excuses is that there are stepchildren in the house and its just so hard when they are around.... which is all the time....like other ppl havent potty trained their child with other kids in the house ??? Sorry this has been building for a little while I just do what the parents feel is best.....
Leigh 09:15 AM 02-05-2015
Just saw someone post that they are in search of full-time childcare on a Facebook site. They are "willing to pay $30-$40 per week". Already had 5 responses for the "job". SMH.
Blackcat31 09:16 AM 02-05-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Just saw someone post that they are in search of full-time childcare on a Facebook site. They are "willing to pay $30-$40 per week". Already had 5 responses for the "job". SMH.
Facebook has been like a trip down the rabbit hole.
Controlled Chaos 12:25 PM 02-05-2015
I was fuming ready to explode with the need to vent all morning, now they are sleeping and I love them again lol

But I am going to give it my best in hope this purges the rest of my anger so I reach a full zen state.

DCM won't vaccinate 5 yo against measles because it will give him Autism.

DCB broke my teeter totter. He is the hardest kid. I fixed the teeter totter (thanks little tikes for the free spare part!) and he started to do the same thing today that broke it in the first place. He is 4 and is now banned from the thing. No more!

DCM oh you are playing tic tac toe?! I always let "L" win or he screams and kicks me... No wonder your kid is the WORST!

DCD The check I wrote you won't clear, is that ok? NOOOOOO They are gone in 3 weeks, or I would have termed. Check cleared, he tells me he "made it work".. Good for you dcd! So proud.

DCM lost the end of the year tax receipt I printed out for her. I give each family a form in Jan with everything they need for taxes. Well, now I can't find where I saved it - I have all my numbers and money info but not the per child tally. I REALLY don't want to figure it out again.

DCM I am going to pay you half now and half later. ME I am going to let you take dcb to work with you until you can pay me in full. DMC Oh... and hands me the full amount

People are driving me nuts. Luckily all my problem families are leaving my the end of March and I have a fresh group. Looking forward to new littles and parents I can train correctly from day one, now that I am older and wiser.
sally 12:32 PM 02-05-2015
I am so ready to close. Sometime between now and end of summer I am done for good. Just have to get through til then. Today neighbor calls me. She has her 3 yr old granddaughter and she wants to have her come over to play with my dd and daycare kids. She doesn't want to pay drop in rate. She wants her here for free to play while she sleeps. Ummm NO! Well can she come tomorrow. I have her tomorrow and I'll need to take a nap during the day can she come play tomorrow? If you pay the drop in fee. She just wants to play, its not like you have to watch her. Really? Come on
hope 06:04 AM 02-06-2015
Dcm is super needy. As in needs her children to prove their love to her all the time. When she drops off and picks up she tells her 10 month old.."remember i am your mom. I am". Creeps me out. When 3 yo dcg was potty training dcm was delighted that dcg would only go for her. Dcg ended up in the hospital with an obstruction from holding it all the time waiting for dcm. Dcg goes to pre school 2 days a week and told me the teacher wouldn't tell her mommy that she missed her so she did. I talked about it with dcm and Dcm took her for ice cream for loving and missing her mom so much. Today dcg walks in past all of the kids and ignores all their greetings. Dcm whispers for a few minutes in dcgs ear and leaves. Dcg doesn't want to play or talk. She only wants her mommy. I am so sick of dealing with this.
Turquoise14 09:48 AM 02-06-2015
I am getting pretty sick of people who are old enough to know better mouthing toys. Yes, babies are going to do this. 1 1/2 and 2 year olds, let's cut it out. Spit on everything.
Unregistered 10:23 AM 02-06-2015
Originally Posted by hope:
Dcm is super needy. As in needs her children to prove their love to her all the time. When she drops off and picks up she tells her 10 month old.."remember i am your mom. I am". Creeps me out. When 3 yo dcg was potty training dcm was delighted that dcg would only go for her. Dcg ended up in the hospital with an obstruction from holding it all the time waiting for dcm. Dcg goes to pre school 2 days a week and told me the teacher wouldn't tell her mommy that she missed her so she did. I talked about it with dcm and Dcm took her for ice cream for loving and missing her mom so much. Today dcg walks in past all of the kids and ignores all their greetings. Dcm whispers for a few minutes in dcgs ear and leaves. Dcg doesn't want to play or talk. She only wants her mommy. I am so sick of dealing with this.
My version of this is the mom who sad-talks her 2 yr old until he cries. Then she tells me I HAVE TO GO TO WORK in an angr y voice and leaves dcb sobbing on the floor crawling after her.
She just cant stand to leave him happy.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29  ... Last
Reply Up