Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My lying dcb's lying mother....
daycarediva 07:45 AM 01-29-2015
Yesterday dcb complained of ear pain, had a runny nose in PM. Said his Mom gave him medicine, but he says this ALL the time and lies regularly about things. I gave Mom a heads up at pickup.

She posted on her facebook last night at 11 that dcb was sick.

She sent me a text this morning that she was running late, dcb was up all night with nightmares and she let him sleep in a little bit.

I asked specifically if he was sick. She saw/read and ignored the message. I asked again. She responded 30 minutes later... "be there in a few. Dcb has a cold. I gave him Dimetapp."

I don't take kids with cold meds or fever reducing meds. She is WELL aware of this policy.

I say I can't take him, he is SICK and needs to stay home. She never responds.

I sooooo want to call her out. As it is, she is being emailed a termination notice for violating my health care policy.

My own son is VERY sick this morning, (he is almost 7, separated on another floor of my home and is going the the dr later) same symptoms Mom posted about on FB.

I think I know where dcb picked up his lying habit.
Heidi 07:52 AM 01-29-2015
Nice try!
e.j. 02:55 PM 01-29-2015
Facebook seems to be getting a lot of people in trouble these days.
Unregistered 07:08 AM 01-30-2015
Do they even make a dimetap for kids, did she give him a small amt of an adult one? That's weird. Anyway, that's ridiculous and she sounds like quite a ditz to announce it on fb and then try to hide it. Definitely better off without this parent!!
TaylorTots 08:00 PM 01-30-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Do they even make a dimetap for kids, did she give him a small amt of an adult one? That's weird. Anyway, that's ridiculous and she sounds like quite a ditz to announce it on fb and then try to hide it. Definitely better off without this parent!!
They make dimetapp for kids 6 and older I believe. My own 7 year old had it earlier this year. My 4 year old though I think ended up with Sudafed PE Cold & cough as it was 4 and over.
Reply Up