Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>She wants to come back?? No way.
Preschool/daycare teacher 09:22 AM 01-29-2016
You all probably remember me talking about this dcm I had who thought she should call the shots and really tried her best to do whatever she could to get around my policies. She would no call/no show, on payday she'd find any excuse or lie for why she couldn't pay that day, just one problem with her after another. I had never had problems with any of the parents before this dcm so although I had a policy information thing, it was really short and didn't have any consequences listed in it. I'd never needed to before. So she is the reason I redid my policies and made them so that I could enforce them when needed. No pay on pay day? Late fee. No call no show? Charged for the day anyway. Disrespect or lying to myself or my family? Out the door you go. Anyway, she kept coming up with lie after lie on why dcg wouldn't be coming that week, so I sent her an e-mail and let her know that as of x day she would be dropped to "as needed" basis and how much it costs for those days. She finally responded saying she found someone closer and wouldn't need me anymore. Whew! finally done with this lady. I loved dcg, but dcm was too much trouble. Well, this dcm messaged me last night asking me if I had any part time openings left and I knew that she needed a varying schedule and I only have a part time opening left for two set days of the week, so I was so relieved that I could honestly say I couldn't take her. After everything she put me through? She thought she could just come back that easily? Even if I had allowed her to come back, she would have had a much stricter policy to sign and she wouldn't have liked it and wouldn't have signed the contract, and therefore wouldn't have been allowed to bring dcg, as much as I loved having dcg when she was here. Just thinking about dcm and the stress she caused still makes me mad
Blackcat31 09:33 AM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by Preschool/daycare teacher:
You all probably remember me talking about this dcm I had who thought she should call the shots and really tried her best to do whatever she could to get around my policies. She would no call/no show, on payday she'd find any excuse or lie for why she couldn't pay that day, just one problem with her after another. I had never had problems with any of the parents before this dcm so although I had a policy information thing, it was really short and didn't have any consequences listed in it. I'd never needed to before. So she is the reason I redid my policies and made them so that I could enforce them when needed. No pay on pay day? Late fee. No call no show? Charged for the day anyway. Disrespect or lying to myself or my family? Out the door you go. Anyway, she kept coming up with lie after lie on why dcg wouldn't be coming that week, so I sent her an e-mail and let her know that as of x day she would be dropped to "as needed" basis and how much it costs for those days. She finally responded saying she found someone closer and wouldn't need me anymore. Whew! finally done with this lady. I loved dcg, but dcm was too much trouble. Well, this dcm messaged me last night asking me if I had any part time openings left and I knew that she needed a varying schedule and I only have a part time opening left for two set days of the week, so I was so relieved that I could honestly say I couldn't take her. After everything she put me through? She thought she could just come back that easily? Even if I had allowed her to come back, she would have had a much stricter policy to sign and she wouldn't have liked it and wouldn't have signed the contract, and therefore wouldn't have been allowed to bring dcg, as much as I loved having dcg when she was here. Just thinking about dcm and the stress she caused still makes me mad
I would have told her straight up that she was difficult to work with and because of that would not be willing to re-enroll her even if I did have the space available.
Preschool/daycare teacher 09:38 AM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I would have told her straight up that she was difficult to work with and because of that would not be willing to re-enroll her even if I did have the space available.
I wish I had said something like that. I'm too nice for my own good
Ariana 12:50 PM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I probably would have said something similar like "I don't think we are a good fit for your needs". It really doesn't matter though as long as you said NO
daycare 01:05 PM 01-29-2016
so sorry to hear that it didn't work out at the other daycare either. (yeah right your sorry, you know you are really laughing, I would be)

unfortunately, I decided that I am no longer offering drop in care because I found it does not work well with my program.

I am only offering set schedules, but even with that I really think that my program is just not the right fit for your family. Here is the number for our R&R, best of luck to you guys.
Josiegirl 02:32 AM 01-30-2016
I can't even imagine taking someone back like that.

I had a dcm pull her dd a long time ago; she had given me a run for my money with various things. But the reason she was leaving was because I had all boys here except for the 1 dcg. And dcg wanted to play cars and trucks but had no interest in dolls. Seriously, that was the reason. So she took her to another dc that happened to be a former dcm of mine. They had girls there, one of which was the dcproviders dd. Dcp's dd and this dcg were like explosives together, all the time. Dcm called me back a month in and asked if I had room. So sorry dcm, all filled up. I said it with no guilt whatsoever. S@rew me once, shame on you, s@rew me twice....uhuh.
Reply Up