Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Deftones34 03:53 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Not daycare related at all but I am absolutely heartbroken that Eddie Van Halen is dead.

So much of my pre teen and teen years were spent absolutely loving Van Halen...
He was a legend. Very sad.
Blackcat31 06:30 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Deftones34:
He was a legend. Very sad.
Just noticed your location...
Waving hi to a fellow. Minnesotan!
CenterTeacher20 12:28 PM 10-13-2020
I cant today. I just cant. My coworker who was not due to give birth until 2 weeks from now, gave birth while I was sleeping on the one night I happened to go to sleep early for once.... so I didn't know until I woke up.

And then the lady that we were training in to cover her maternity leave decided to no-call no-show today of ALL DAYS. So while I was waiting for her to show up, I did checkins as usual... ended up having to call all of our toddler parents for pickup because we don't have anyone to cover the room. I'm furious. I'm tired. Im extremely exhausted. Im about ready to be done with this job all together.
Cat Herder 12:37 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
I cant today. I just cant. My coworker who was not due to give birth until 2 weeks from now, gave birth while I was sleeping on the one night I happened to go to sleep early for once.... so I didn't know until I woke up.

And then the lady that we were training in to cover her maternity leave decided to no-call no-show today of ALL DAYS. So while I was waiting for her to show up, I did checkins as usual... ended up having to call all of our toddler parents for pickup because we don't have anyone to cover the room. I'm furious. I'm tired. Im extremely exhausted. Im about ready to be done with this job all together.
Oh, wow. I don't think I have had a day that bad in years.

Hope tomorrow is better for you.
284878 07:03 PM 10-14-2020
Leggings why do people wear them on their little girls, I just do not get it. (dont say there is no other pants, because my dd never wore leggings until she started school and wore them with dresses) They are thin and make their legs so cold. When we go out side to play they are always first to want to come in because they are so cold. They go down the slide once and they are wet. When we come inside, I have to peel their leggings off to change there diaper. I feel so bad for them, that I always put a dry pair of pants on them for nap time.

Boys come in jeans, sweats and track pants, they love being outside and playing. Their legs get cold but not like the girls. No trouble getting their pants on and off.

Am I the only one that hates leggings?
Sunshine69 07:13 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by 284878:
Leggings why do people wear them on their little girls, I just do not get it. (dont say there is no other pants, because my dd never wore leggings until she started school and wore them with dresses) They are thin and make their legs so cold. When we go out side to play they are always first to want to come in because they are so cold. They go down the slide once and they are wet. When we come inside, I have to peel their leggings off to change there diaper. I feel so bad for them, that I always put a dry pair of pants on them for nap time.

Boys come in jeans, sweats and track pants, they love being outside and playing. Their legs get cold but not like the girls. No trouble getting their pants on and off.

Leggings are not very warm but I do prefer them for the girls for potty training.

I’ll never understand why parents put their kids in pants with buttons, snaps and zippers that their kids don’t know how to manage and expect them to succeed in potty training. I can help sometimes but I’m not always in a position to undo a kids pants when they’re in a hurry to make they potty, especially when I have infants on the changing pad.

Having the caregiver always having to help with pants only delays potty training success IMHO as the kids get used to the dependence.
Cat Herder 10:16 AM 10-15-2020

Nope. I tell parents that leggings are not pants and hoodies are not coats and neither will meet daycare requirements for appropriate dress. Leggings can be worn under dresses and in warm weather. Hoodies can be worn over a t-shirt in fall/winter, but a jacket (fall) or coat (winter) must be brought as well.

I also require socks and shoes (only exception is washable closed toe sandals), closed toe shoes and shorts/leggings under dresses.

It makes it easier for their kindergarten teacher if parents have already become well practiced at appropriate clothing for school/weather. I am still floored that some of this needs to be taught to adults.
Snowmom 10:31 AM 10-15-2020
I prefer leggings over jeans any day.

I have had several families dress their still-diapered kids in skinny jeans and I will 100% change them as soon as they walk in the door. I hate those things!!

I wear leggings too and live in frigid MN. I find them warm enough. Too each their own!
CenterTeacher20 11:44 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Snowmom:

I have had several families dress their still-diapered kids in skinny jeans and I will 100% change them as soon as they walk in the door. I hate those things!!

I wear leggings too and live in frigid MN. I find them warm enough. Too each their own!
Same to ALL of this. Only difference is I'm in frigid ND. Hey neighbor!
Blackcat31 01:58 PM 10-15-2020
It's snowing here.
Cat Herder 02:54 PM 10-15-2020
When I was up north in winter snow it actually felt warmer and comfortable. "Down here" winter is wet, soggy, windy, with melting ice sheets and slurries. It is rare we get a nice dry snow. I have to change them into dry clothing upon coming in daily. Leggings just won't work for that. Fleece lined jeans or sweats work better here. Layers preferred to keep skin dry as long as possible.
CountryRoads 03:21 PM 10-15-2020
Had a dcp pick up a little early last week and dck threw a fit (you know how it goes - dck does this 90% of the time at pick-up). Dcp told me that he won't be picking up early again because of his child's tantrum. Got off 30 minutes early the other day and told me he waited around so he wouldn't upset child with picking up early again
Annalee 03:30 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
When I was up north in winter snow it actually felt warmer and comfortable. "Down here" winter is wet, soggy, windy, with melting ice sheets and slurries. It is rare we get a nice dry snow. I have to change them into dry clothing upon coming in daily. Leggings just won't work for that. Fleece lined jeans or sweats work better here. Layers preferred to keep skin dry as long as possible.
We have friends that moved here when General Motors came down from Michigan....they tell us the cold is colder here in the south...not sure why but they said the air is just different and colder???? When we went to Colorado it was knee deep in snow but not really that cold....I guess the difference is the same??
284878 05:56 AM 10-16-2020

Same to ALL of this. Only difference is I'm in frigid ND. Hey neighbor!
So when you wear leggings you still find them warm after crawling around in the moist morning grass, dirt or bark? Or sitting on the wet swing, slide or bike?
When my dcg wear leggings (or any skin tight legwear including skinny jeans), their legs are always colder than those with sweats, jeans or track pants after playing outside. The wetness next to their legs mixed with 30-50 degrees outside makes their legs cold and it spoils outside play when they are begging to go inside after 15-20 minutes.
Sorry that I may sound irritated with you, but leggings on you is different than on a infant that is crawling around in wet grass, dirt or bark or a toddler that is sitting on a wet swing, slide or bike.
I, myself wear shorts outside in this weather but I would not find it acceptable for a child in my care to show up in shorts when it is wet and 50 or below temps. My own children wear pants even though I am in shorts.
Blackcat31 06:07 AM 10-16-2020
I live in a cold climate. It's snowing here...

I can't tell you the last time I had a DCG in care that wore jeans. Every single one of them wear leggings and honestly I can't say it's every been an issue. My youngest girl is 12 months and the oldest is 5.

The boys usually wear basketball type athletic pants. Not sweatpants like but the shiney wide leg nylon-ish pants. lol! I don't know how to describe them

I think the difference for me is that we don't play outside on the playground equipment when it's wet. If the slide or swings are wet, they are wiped off before use as are any other toys that may create wet bottoms.

The sandbox isn't open (for play) unless it's dry. None of my kiddos play directly in the grass that often so they aren't rolling around or sitting on the grass getting wet either. The bikes and ride on toys are stored under a canopy so they are dry for use whenever.

I've also never had any issues here with the kids being cold in leggings. If they are, none of them have said anything about it.

So while I totally understand what you are saying about leggings not working for you/your situation, I personally love that the girls all wear them. For a while, I honestly thought the skinny jeans craze was going to cause me massive therapy bills but thankfully the trend changed a bit and leggings are the only thing the girls wear now. I do see how they can be problematic in some situations though.

Personally, I don't wear leggings myself except when I am working out so I have zero comments about them in regards to adults.
284878 06:20 AM 10-16-2020
Nope. I tell parents that leggings are not pants and hoodies are not coats and neither will meet daycare requirements for appropriate dress. Leggings can be worn under dresses and in warm weather. Hoodies can be worn over a t-shirt in fall/winter, but a jacket (fall) or coat (winter) must be brought as well.

I also require socks and shoes (only exception is washable closed toe sandals), closed toe shoes and shorts/leggings under dresses.

It makes it easier for their kindergarten teacher if parents have already become well practiced at appropriate clothing for school/weather. I am still floored that some of this needs to be taught to adults.
My dd never wore leggings as pants. but I see a lot of infant outfits that come with leggings and parents want to dress their little girls in matching cute outfits, which I don't blame them for wanting to play dress up with their child but I was able to wear cute outfits on my dd without leggings or any skin tight pants or pink daily so I know it is possible.

I did laugh one day dcg came in white leggings and went home in brown spotted leggings. DCD says I guess I was not thinking when I choose those today.

Hoodies on the other hand can you elaborate more on why you do not feel that they are a coat?
Ariana 06:37 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
We have friends that moved here when General Motors came down from Michigan....they tell us the cold is colder here in the south...not sure why but they said the air is just different and colder???? When we went to Colorado it was knee deep in snow but not really that cold....I guess the difference is the same??
Dry cold is so much better than wet cold if that makes sense! Wet cold gets to your bones as we say here . Where I grew up it was -45C regularly (typical winter day) and our school wasn’t cancelled unless it hit -75C, no joke but it was dry. It was so cold there wasn’t a whole lot of precipitation. Where I am now it’s typically -10C and is wet wet wet with freezing rain and lots of precipitation and it FEELS 10x colder for some odd reason! It cuts right through ya!
284878 06:42 AM 10-16-2020
I don't understand it either, I have always lived in MI but my Aunt and family moved to FL. They would come back to MI to visit Grandma and purchase winter coats. They said the coats in MI keep them warmer in FL than the coats sold in FL.
Ariana 06:44 AM 10-16-2020
With my kids is virtual learning I can see and hear everything the teachers are doing. Now I think teachers are paid way too much here in Canada
284878 06:46 AM 10-16-2020

What are washable closed toe sandals?
Cat Herder 07:29 AM 10-16-2020
Hoodies on the other hand can you elaborate more on why you do not feel that they are a coat?
A jersey cloth hoodie is not a coat. It is a sweat shirt. With a hood.

A lined, insulated, outer layer, with or without a hood, with a water resistant outer layer is a coat.

Maybe it is a terminology issue? Forgive me I am pushing 50.
Attached: Not a coat or winter pants (600 x 600).jpg (47.3 KB) coats and pants (600 x 433).jpg (73.8 KB) 
Cat Herder 07:42 AM 10-16-2020
I think the difference for me is that we don't play outside on the playground equipment when it's wet. If the slide or swings are wet, they are wiped off before use as are any other toys that may create wet bottoms.
But, that's the thing.

It is rarely ever dry here. Ever. In winter it is usually a continuous melting mist blowing in the air. The fog is thick until past noon. I have to change my own pants when we come in and I don't sit on anything wet. It is literally the air. There is no amount of wiping that will stop it. It is simply life in the deep south. Humidity, flurries, dripping trees and stabby frozen grass shards. If you go outside, you get wet.
Attached: georgia winter grass (319 x 213).jpg (36.9 KB) georgia winter (600 x 450).jpg (57.5 KB) 
Snowmom 07:48 AM 10-16-2020
So when you wear leggings you still find them warm after crawling around in the moist morning grass, dirt or bark? Or sitting on the wet swing, slide or bike?
When my dcg wear leggings (or any skin tight legwear including skinny jeans), their legs are always colder than those with sweats, jeans or track pants after playing outside. The wetness next to their legs mixed with 30-50 degrees outside makes their legs cold and it spoils outside play when they are begging to go inside after 15-20 minutes.
Sorry that I may sound irritated with you, but leggings on you is different than on a infant that is crawling around in wet grass, dirt or bark or a toddler that is sitting on a wet swing, slide or bike.
I, myself wear shorts outside in this weather but I would not find it acceptable for a child in my care to show up in shorts when it is wet and 50 or below temps. My own children wear pants even though I am in shorts.
I wipe my outside play area off before we go out as well.

But honestly, wet is wet- it wouldn't make a difference if the child was wearing sweats, jeans or leggings to me. If they sit in something wet, they'll be uncomfortable and probably cold.

The crawlers are always on blankets/play mats outside. Although my preference for enrollment is 1+, so I don't have a lot of crawlers.

If it's 30-40 degrees, they're all in snow gear. Which keeps them warm and dry anyway.

Raining- we don't go out.

Dirt- eh. It's daycare. I expect them to get dirty and hope they all wear clothes that parents don't care about anyway. Playdough, paint, markers, dirt... all the same to me.

It's just never been an issue. But, I get it. We all have our irritants and preferences.
Cat Herder 08:04 AM 10-16-2020
What are washable closed toe sandals?
I have several acres of heavily forested land that includes a river and several creeks and springs. It backs up to the Appalachian Trail. It is a safety thing here and these are very commonly sold everywhere, here.
Attached: Washable Closed Toed Sandals (450 x 450).jpg (40.2 KB) Washable Closed Toed Sandals 2 (600 x 600).jpg (38.3 KB) 
Snowmom 08:11 AM 10-16-2020
I have several acres of heavily forested land that includes a river and several creeks and springs. It backs up to the Appalachian Trail. It is a safety thing here and these are very commonly sold everywhere, here.
Merrels brand of these are super sturdy and comfy!
Cat Herder 08:22 AM 10-16-2020
Merrels brand of these are super sturdy and comfy!
I Merrell. I am wearing the mocs as we speak.

I also love Teva. Those are my summer go-to's.
Cat Herder 08:26 AM 10-16-2020
I don't understand it either, I have always lived in MI but my Aunt and family moved to FL. They would come back to MI to visit Grandma and purchase winter coats. They said the coats in MI keep them warmer in FL than the coats sold in FL.
So true. It is almost impossible to get to get good winter coats/shoes here without online shopping. That is why I place an order for parents once per year and add it to their tuition upon request. I also host a swap/trade with all former/current families for all winter items, here.

None of my clients had to buy winter gear this year. All were able to swap.
Cat Herder 08:44 AM 10-16-2020
If it's 30-40 degrees, they're all in snow gear. Which keeps them warm and dry anyway.
So jealous.

You can't even find that down here and asking parents to supply that would not go over at all. Snow gear is not "a thing" here. I am not even sure I would know how to put it on.
dolores 08:46 AM 10-16-2020
I also host a swap/trade with all former/current families for all winter items, here.
I love the idea of a swap/trade CH. How do you coordinate that?
Blackcat31 09:06 AM 10-16-2020

But honestly, wet is wet- it wouldn't make a difference if the child was wearing sweats, jeans or leggings to me. If they sit in something wet, they'll be uncomfortable and probably cold.

The crawlers are always on blankets/play mats outside. Although my preference for enrollment is 1+, so I don't have a lot of crawlers.

Dirt- eh. It's daycare. I expect them to get dirty and hope they all wear clothes that parents don't care about anyway. Playdough, paint, markers, dirt... all the same to me.

It's just never been an issue. But, I get it. We all have our irritants and preferences.
What she said ^

@Cat Herder... I can totally understand why you don't like/prefer leggings but here is exactly what Snowmom described.... when its cold, they wear snow gear.
Cat Herder 09:08 AM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by dolores:
I love the idea of a swap/trade CH. How do you coordinate that?
In August, I have everyone bring me (or I pick-up) what they have that no longer fits instead of dropping at the local donation center. I usually end up with about 4 large garbage bags full.

Then I wash, mend, sort and put together cute sets with a few extra pieces I pick up for $1 per bag (annual clearance is August ) at the donation center.

Any sizes I don't have I can swap with the donation center as they become the recipients of anything left-over, every year. I donate a lot of stuff during the year and after 26 years of this they know me and my tribe pretty well.

I pass them back out in October clean and on a display hanger.

I also do the same with school/daycare clothes all year. It is fun. I have 6 bags of spring/summer clothes to sort next week.
Cat Herder 09:09 AM 10-16-2020
What she said ^

@Cat Herder... I can totally understand why you don't like/prefer leggings but here is exactly what Snowmom described.... when its cold, they wear snow gear.
Lucky.

I have only seen snow gear in magazine skiing photos. I still have never been in snow over my ankles.
284878 12:02 PM 10-16-2020
A jersey cloth hoodie is not a coat. It is a sweat shirt. With a hood.

A lined, insulated, outer layer, with or without a hood, with a water resistant outer layer is a coat.

Maybe it is a terminology issue? Forgive me I am pushing 50.
okay we were thinking the same but different. When I think hoodie, I think a sweatshirt with hood and full zipper, we call a hoodie or Jacket for spring or as a layer.

These are what I pictured but wanted to make sure. Thanks
AmyKidsCo 01:11 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Had a dcp pick up a little early last week and dck threw a fit (you know how it goes - dck does this 90% of the time at pick-up). Dcp told me that he won't be picking up early again because of his child's tantrum. Got off 30 minutes early the other day and told me he waited around so he wouldn't upset child with picking up early again
Meanwhile, at my house all the kiddos want to be picked up early and fight about who's mom/dad is coming first. The one who's usually picked up first melts down if anyone else goes home before him.
dolores 01:22 PM 10-16-2020
In August, I have everyone bring me (or I pick-up) what they have that no longer fits instead of dropping at the local donation center. I usually end up with about 4 large garbage bags full.

Then I wash, mend, sort and put together cute sets with a few extra pieces I pick up for $1 per bag (annual clearance is August ) at the donation center.

Any sizes I don't have I can swap with the donation center as they become the recipients of anything left-over, every year. I donate a lot of stuff during the year and after 26 years of this they know me and my tribe pretty well.

I pass them back out in October clean and on a display hanger.

I also do the same with school/daycare clothes all year. It is fun. I have 6 bags of spring/summer clothes to sort next week.

Snowmom 01:30 PM 10-16-2020
So jealous.

You can't even find that down here and asking parents to supply that would not go over at all. Snow gear is not "a thing" here. I am not even sure I would know how to put it on.
It takes FORRRREVERRR to get on. Then you get the kids that whine after two minutes to go back inside.

We have lots of "nature-based" preschools around here that require rain gear to enroll. REI or LLBean are the go-to place.
Attached: rain.jpg (56.9 KB) 
284878 01:32 PM 10-16-2020

I would not be able to wipe down before going out. Going out before open would be a waste of time, and it would be against regs to go out with out taking the kids out to wipe down.

Trust me the kids that have skin tight pants have colder legs. The others can pull down their own pants to change them if they are wet, but the leggings, have to be peeled off.

I would love to have winter gear here now but...
I don't about everyone else but this week we started the days off with 32 in the morning and 77 by 3 pm. Convincing parents to to bring winter gear is hard when kids are coatless by the afternoon. "I know it is almost 80 right now, but they will need winter gear in the morning."
dolores 09:36 AM 10-21-2020
New DCB fussed the first 2 days at drop off but became chatty, playful and engaged once he settled in. Normal- and told parents it will take a few weeks to transition.

Day 3, a Monday, DCM and DCD alternately spent over an hour each (2+ hours) in the front of my home, coddling daycare boy while he cried, asking him why he did not like it here. They also took him to my backyard playground to play where they stayed awhile.

During that time I made several attempts to help boy and parent but had other children to tend to and told them to let me know when they're ready.

Dad turned his frustration on me. Stated I had a "stupid" drop off policy that was 'traumatizing" son, why can't I "play a game" with boy and "make it fun" to get him in the door, etc.

Well that was the straw. I told dad, very nicely, that its not working out, terminated on the spot and refunded deposit. Surprised him. My first termination in 19 years .
CountryRoads 11:09 AM 10-21-2020
New DCB fussed the first 2 days at drop off but became chatty, playful and engaged once he settled in. Normal- and told parents it will take a few weeks to transition.

Day 3, a Monday, DCM and DCD alternately spent over an hour each (2+ hours) in the front of my home, coddling daycare boy while he cried, asking him why he did not like it here. They also took him to my backyard playground to play where they stayed awhile.

During that time I made several attempts to help boy and parent but had other children to tend to and told them to let me know when they're ready.

Dad turned his frustration on me. Stated I had a "stupid" drop off policy that was 'traumatizing" son, why can't I "play a game" with boy and "make it fun" to get him in the door, etc.

Well that was the straw. I told dad, very nicely, that its not working out, terminated on the spot and refunded deposit. Surprised him. My first termination in 19 years .
Oh my

Definitely the right decision to term! I don't know how you could've had a good relationship going forward after that.

I know lingering and trying to reason with the child is a common problem in daycare, but for THAT LONG??! No way. I get frustrated if it's like a couple minutes of dealing with it I'm glad you won't have to deal with that again!
Cat Herder 11:35 AM 10-21-2020

Good for you!!! They sound ridiculous.
littlefriends 10:56 AM 10-22-2020
I love my own kids. I really, really do! But omg, you guys!!! My own kids make dc so much harder. Especially now that school is so messed up. I want to scream and cry! And to make matters worse winter will be here soon and I can hardly bear the thought of being trapped in this small house with so much loudness and chaos and no happy family holiday gatherings to look forward to.
My kids (17 and 12) make tons of noise during nap, complain about having dc stuff all over “their” house, constantly try to bring friends in (I’m licensed so they can’t have friends over during daycare hours), cook and make kitchen messes while I’m trying to watch 10 little kids, take 40 min showers (I only have 1 bathroom!), and otherwise just drive me insane during daycare.
Just today I get all of them down to sleep and my ds comes thru within 30 min and makes all kinds of racket cooking himself lunch and wakes up the baby who now only got a tiny nap and is going to start fussing his head off and wake up everyone else here shortly.
Josiegirl 11:13 AM 10-22-2020
Good for you!!! They sound ridiculous.
Yep, too high maintenance.
It's disabling their son to play these games with him; he's not learning to self-regulate or find ways to soothe himself.
Oy.....
Littlepeopleprovider 11:18 AM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by littlefriends:
I love my own kids. I really, really do! But omg, you guys!!! My own kids make dc so much harder. Especially now that school is so messed up. I want to scream and cry! And to make matters worse winter will be here soon and I can hardly bear the thought of being trapped in this small house with so much loudness and chaos and no happy family holiday gatherings to look forward to.
My kids (17 and 12) make tons of noise during nap, complain about having dc stuff all over “their” house, constantly try to bring friends in (I’m licensed so they can’t have friends over during daycare hours), cook and make kitchen messes while I’m trying to watch 10 little kids, take 40 min showers (I only have 1 bathroom!), and otherwise just drive me insane during daycare.
Just today I get all of them down to sleep and my ds comes thru within 30 min and makes all kinds of racket cooking himself lunch and wakes up the baby who now only got a tiny nap and is going to start fussing his head off and wake up everyone else here shortly.
My son does similar things! TEENAGERS!!! Blaaaah!

Electronics are taken if he wakes any of the daycare children up.
CountryRoads 11:47 AM 10-22-2020
Had a dcp ask if it would be too disruptive to drop-off during naptime...

Why ask questions you already know the answer to?
dolores 12:37 PM 10-22-2020
Had a dcp ask if it would be too disruptive to drop-off during naptime...

Why ask questions you already know the answer to?
Where I'm from we would say "you're asking answers".
Unregistered 09:32 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by littlefriends:
White noise is a lifesaver for this! I have mine loud enough to drown out most of my kids/husband's noises.
CountryRoads 04:07 PM 10-28-2020
Closing early tomorrow (they've had almost 4 weeks notice), dcm tells me she will "try to be here before you close."

Um, what? That's not how this works
Cat Herder 06:41 PM 10-28-2020
Closing early tomorrow (they've had almost 4 weeks notice), dcm tells me she will "try to be here before you close."

Sounds like someone has been spoon fed life up until quite recently.
e.j. 07:09 PM 10-28-2020

Yeah...this is why, when I have an appointment or important plans that I can't be late for, I close an hour earlier than I really have to or I close for the entire day. I don't close early often but any time I've had to, there's always been that one parent who showed up late.
Sunshine69 07:27 AM 10-29-2020

“Thank you for letting me know about you difficulties in getting here in time for me to make my appointment. Next time I will close for the day, so it won’t be a problem for either of us.”
CountryRoads 07:43 AM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by Sunshine69:
“Thank you for letting me know about you difficulties in getting here in time for me to make my appointment. Next time I will close for the day, so it won’t be a problem for either of us.”
That would've been perfect! I was so caught off guard that I didn't know what to say.

I was prepared to say something this morning if she made another comment, but she didn't. The weird thing is I'm closing early to take my kids to a town Halloween event that dcm is taking her kids to, as well
Blackcat31 09:29 AM 10-29-2020
That would've been perfect! I was so caught off guard that I didn't know what to say.

I was prepared to say something this morning if she made another comment, but she didn't. The weird thing is I'm closing early to take my kids to a town Halloween event that dcm is taking her kids to, as well
Do you think she will actually be late for pick up or will she pick up on time but just complain about it?

In previous years I have told parents I close at 3:00 when I really didn't need to close until 4:00 when I had parents that I knew would have an excuse for being late.
AmyKidsCo 01:14 PM 10-30-2020
My 16 yr old - who was born into the child care - just walked down the stairs, through the living room (past a sleeping 1 yr old) through the dining room (past me & 3 sleeping 3 yr olds) into the kitchen (where another 3 yr old is sleeping) to slam open the pantry door, get ONE crinkly candy from a crinkly bag, slam the door shut, walk back through the living room to open the front door, shut it, walk back to the dining room to give me the 1 yr old's nuk, back to open the front door, back in to give me a piece of junk mail, then finally out the front door.

Guess how many children are still sleeping...

TGIF!!!
CenterTeacher20 07:38 AM 11-10-2020
The governor of my state just announced that our hospitals are at 100% capacity, yet won't issue a mask mandate. He also called off contact tracing, and told us that it is now the positive individual's job to do their own contact tracing. The icing on the cake? He now just announced that nurses who test positive for COVID are allowed to continue to work.

He also has put every county in our state at "high risk" level, which is color coded orange... when clearly our urban counties AT LEAST should all be in the "critical" risk level which is color coded red.

UGH when is this nightmare going to end.
Cat Herder 07:47 AM 11-10-2020
UGH when is this nightmare going to end.
Truth: It will end when everyone has been exposed and develops immunity.
CenterTeacher20 08:12 AM 11-10-2020
Truth: It will end when everyone has been exposed and develops immunity.
Ugh, I know. It's just becoming so insane.
VictoryCare 08:12 AM 11-10-2020
Wrong
Annalee 08:54 AM 11-10-2020
I know 14 people with covid right now...CH is right about the immunity; however the government protocol is the "dagger".... I barely missed a quarantine again.....I NEVER miss church but chose to do so this past Sunday and thankful I did....just cannot quarantine anymore......emotionally, spiritually or physically.....this is getting crazy and Biden will add fuel to the fire with the already government cdc protocol soon and I dread it already....
Jupadia 09:28 AM 11-10-2020
My kids school had in seconed case this week. Apparently their is a 1/2 split class (20 kids) now isolating. My oldest is in another 1/2 split, my heart skipped a beat and it took me a minute to realize that I would have already heard about it had it been his class. I'm not overally surprised since our city has one of the highest case rates in Canada and our individual area in the city also has a high count. Before school started I thought we would have had more cases by now.
Annalee 09:35 AM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
My kids school had in seconed case this week. Apparently their is a 1/2 split class (20 kids) now isolating. My oldest is in another 1/2 split, my heart skipped a beat and it took me a minute to realize that I would have already heard about it had it been his class. I'm not overally surprised since our city has one of the highest case rates in Canada and our individual area in the city also has a high count. Before school started I thought we would have had more cases by now.
Our school goes back to hybrid/two days per week for next week. They are out for a two week covid outbreak the past two weeks. They tried four day weeks but it didn't work well.
CenterTeacher20 09:49 AM 11-10-2020
Oh, I forgot to mention, on top of the poorly handled COVID in our state, all of our schools (in my county anyway, the county with the highest case count) are moving from 2 days a week hybrid with only 9-10 kids per class, to 4 days a week M-F full sized classes. North Dakota is a sh**show right now...
VictoryCare 10:28 AM 11-10-2020
There is no immunity. Herd immunity will stop the virus from spreading because it will kill everyone. There is no one who is immune
Cat Herder 10:31 AM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by VictoryCare:
There is no immunity. Herd immunity will stop the virus from spreading because it will kill everyone. There is no one who is immune
Proof?
VictoryCare 10:37 AM 11-10-2020
Exactly, show me proof. No one is immune from covid 19, not even Donald Trump. 100's of thousands of people have died who followed the rules, millions more will die who don't, its common sense
Cat Herder 11:47 AM 11-10-2020
Exactly, show me proof. No one is immune from covid 19, not even Donald Trump. 100's of thousands of people have died who followed the rules, millions more will die who don't, its common sense
Is it now?
CenterTeacher20 12:14 PM 11-10-2020
I mean, there are multiple situations at this point where people have contracted it a second time. I'm sure its because the virus is mutating. I don't see large immunity happening until there is a vaccine.
Cat Herder 12:23 PM 11-10-2020
Donald Trump has nothing to do with the study of infectious disease or virology. Neither does extreme emotion. Both are irrelevant to this topic. Logic will tell us the human race has lived through many pandemics and will have many more to come. It is the natural world. We develop immunity, it adapts, we have to develop immunity again. And so on and so forth to the end of time. Tomorrow has never once been guaranteed and never will be no matter how much some would like to believe it. Humans are the greatest destructive force on this planet, whose to say what outcome is for the best?

"Several studies have shown that people infected with Covid-19 tend to have T cells that can target the virus, regardless of whether they have experienced symptoms. So far, so normal. But scientists have also recently discovered that some people can test negative for antibodies against Covid-19 and positive for T cells that can identify the virus. This has led to suspicions that some level of immunity against the disease might be twice as common as was previously thought.

Most bizarrely of all, when researchers tested blood samples taken years before the pandemic started, they found T cells which were specifically tailored to detect proteins on the surface of Covid-19. This suggests that some people already had a pre-existing degree of resistance against the virus before it ever infected a human. And it appears to be surprisingly prevalent: 40-60% of unexposed individuals had these cells." - https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...-from-covid-19
CenterTeacher20 12:28 PM 11-10-2020
I may not be a Trump supporter, but I didn't mention him at all. Not sure why that was warranted.
Cat Herder 12:31 PM 11-10-2020
I may not be a Trump supporter, but I didn't mention him at all. Not sure why that was warranted.
Me or Victory? I was responding to

"Originally Posted by VictoryCare View Post
Exactly, show me proof. No one is immune from covid 19, not even Donald Trump. 100's of thousands of people have died who followed the rules, millions more will die who don't, its common sense"
VictoryCare 12:53 PM 11-10-2020
Yes it is, herd immunity will kill millions of people, are you willing to take that chance with your life and the life of your loved ones?....thank goodness we no longer have to think about it
Cat Herder 12:58 PM 11-10-2020
Yes it is, herd immunity will kill millions of people, are you willing to take that chance with your life and the life of your loved ones?....thank goodness we no longer have to think about it
We all do every single day.

What are you talking about? If we ignore the fact that viruses are always present and mutating, we won't get them?

I suspect we are not having the same conversation.

At all.
VictoryCare 01:00 PM 11-10-2020
We develop immunity through vaccines, not exposure, they are finding people have gotten it again after getting it once, and my reference to Trump is that no one is immune to it not even him. Herd immunity is nothing but mass murder. IMO
CenterTeacher20 01:05 PM 11-10-2020
Me or Victory? I was responding to

"Originally Posted by VictoryCare View Post
Exactly, show me proof. No one is immune from covid 19, not even Donald Trump. 100's of thousands of people have died who followed the rules, millions more will die who don't, its common sense"
Sorry, thought you were responding to me.
Cat Herder 01:07 PM 11-10-2020
We develop immunity through vaccines, not exposure, they are finding people have gotten it again after getting it once, and my reference to Trump is that no one is immune to it not even him. Herd immunity is nothing but mass murder. IMO
Vaccines are but one way to develop immunity.

I suspect you don't fully comprehend what Herd Immunity is.

I am out of time. Here is a link that may help: https://www.khanacademy.org/science/...ersus-non-self
VictoryCare 01:19 PM 11-10-2020
Yes, I most certainly do know what it is. Thank you though..lol
VictoryCare 01:49 PM 11-10-2020
Herd immunity’, also known as ‘population immunity’, is a concept used for vaccination, in which a population can be protected from a certain virus if a threshold of vaccination is reached.

Herd immunity is achieved by protecting people from a virus, not by exposing them to it...enough said

https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-de...s-and-covid-19
Jupadia 04:13 PM 11-10-2020
Our school goes back to hybrid/two days per week for next week. They are out for a two week covid outbreak the past two weeks. They tried four day weeks but it didn't work well.
Our district gave an option to do either on line or full in school all masks for all ages) I chosse in school both my kids thrive much better in a group learning environment. They realy needed the social element school brings. I've had some trouble fully filling back up again since my kids do in person learning. Plus the hours they want kids online 3 hours a day for my 4 year old who's in sr. Kindergarten and something like 4.5 hours for my grade 2 kid. No way youngest could have sat in front of screens that long. We can switch after Christmas in January of we want.
Blackcat31 04:20 PM 11-10-2020
Herd immunity’, also known as ‘population immunity’, is a concept used for vaccination, in which a population can be protected from a certain virus if a threshold of vaccination is reached.

Herd immunity is achieved by protecting people from a virus, not by exposing them to it...enough said
When you copy/paste from an article/website please cite the source.
Blackcat31 04:31 PM 11-10-2020
There are two paths to herd immunity
Natural infection and vaccines

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/art-20486808
VictoryCare 04:55 PM 11-10-2020
Fine, I Will..lol..World Health Organization...you acquire immunity through immunizations, see how both those words are similar
VictoryCare 04:57 PM 11-10-2020
However, there are some major problems with relying on community infection to create herd immunity to the virus that causes COVID-19. First, it isn't yet clear if infection with the COVID-19 virus makes a person immune to future infection.

Research suggests that after infection with some coronaviruses, reinfection with the same virus — though usually mild and only happening in a fraction of people — is possible after a period of months or years. Further research is needed to determine the protective effect of antibodies to the virus in those who have been infected.

Even if infection with the COVID-19 virus creates long-lasting immunity, a large number of people would have to become infected to reach the herd immunity threshold. Experts estimate that in the U.S., 70% of the population — more than 200 million people — would have to recover from COVID-19 to halt the epidemic. If many people become sick with COVID-19 at once, the health care system could quickly become overwhelmed. This amount of infection could also lead to serious complications and millions of deaths, especially among older people and those who have chronic conditions.

How can you slow the transmission....
MAYO Clinic..lol
Annalee 07:11 AM 11-11-2020
Is It FRIDAY Yet????
Blackcat31 07:19 AM 11-11-2020
Is It FRIDAY Yet????
I wish!
We got snow last night! Forecast said to expect about an inch to an inch and a half. Woke up to about 10-11 inches.

I love snow but not when it's unexpected. Skipped my morning treadmill run and instead got my boots and my gloves and headed out the door to shovel.

Hubs usually takes care of the plowing for the driveway but we have several sidewalks and the back deck to clear plus the daycare house. Once we finish up at home, we head ito daycare and try to get that all cleared before the first parent arrives at 7:30.

It's a little after 9 here and I feel like half the day has already passed. lol!

Hoping Friday gets here quick!
Cat Herder 07:20 AM 11-11-2020
Is It FRIDAY Yet????
I have my eye on January. Maybe the crazy fog will lift, then. I have reached the point where it is all just so ridiculously funny....

Dear Grandkids,

And there we were,........
Blackcat31 07:24 AM 11-11-2020
I have my eye on January. Maybe the crazy fog will lift, then. I have reached the point where it is all just so ridiculously funny....

Dear Grandkids,

right there with you!
Annalee 07:31 AM 11-11-2020
I wish!
We got snow last night! Forecast said to expect about an inch to an inch and a half. Woke up to about 10-11 inches.

I love snow but not when it's unexpected. Skipped my morning treadmill run and instead got my boots and my gloves and headed out the door to shovel.

Hubs usually takes care of the plowing for the driveway but we have several sidewalks and the back deck to clear plus the daycare house. Once we finish up at home, we head ito daycare and try to get that all cleared before the first parent arrives at 7:30.

It's a little after 9 here and I feel like half the day has already passed. lol!

Hoping Friday gets here quick!

Dear Grandkids,

I'm trying NOT to think it's just my age, but, man, I'm exhausted mentally, physically and emotionally.
nanglgrl 10:36 AM 11-11-2020
However, there are some major problems with relying on community infection to create herd immunity to the virus that causes COVID-19. First, it isn't yet clear if infection with the COVID-19 virus makes a person immune to future infection.

Research suggests that after infection with some coronaviruses, reinfection with the same virus — though usually mild and only happening in a fraction of people — is possible after a period of months or years. Further research is needed to determine the protective effect of antibodies to the virus in those who have been infected.

Even if infection with the COVID-19 virus creates long-lasting immunity, a large number of people would have to become infected to reach the herd immunity threshold. Experts estimate that in the U.S., 70% of the population — more than 200 million people — would have to recover from COVID-19 to halt the epidemic. If many people become sick with COVID-19 at once, the health care system could quickly become overwhelmed. This amount of infection could also lead to serious complications and millions of deaths, especially among older people and those who have chronic conditions.

How can you slow the transmission....
MAYO Clinic..lol
I hear what you’re saying, just letting you know you’re not alone. Probably best to not argue. People will only believe what they want to believe and there is so much misinformation that looks valid that it’s just making people take sides. They won’t budge and it’s a waste of your energy.

I’ve been on here a long time and I think you must be relatively new since I don’t recognize your name but then again I’m not on much anymore. This site and some members can sometimes project a “mean girl” or “holier than thou” vibe in posts but I always hope that is just in things not coming through correctly since people are typing and not speaking. If it is an actual “mean girl” thing happening I would have to laugh and ask “really?”. We are supposed to be adults, care providers and professionals. If people are always agreeing with you on an online forum and that makes you think you have any reason to puff out your chest you might want to find a hobby and real-life friends.

The negative feeling has become worse on this forum with the differing views on the virus, the election and our leaders role in the spread of the virus. I wish we could just stick to childcare, the virus and leave out the rest of the crap. I can see baseless opinions all day on my newsfeed and hate running into it here.
VictoryCare 01:23 PM 11-11-2020
😊😊😊😊😊
Rockgirl 02:09 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I hear what you’re saying, just letting you know you’re not alone. Probably best to not argue. People will only believe what they want to believe and there is so much misinformation that looks valid that it’s just making people take sides. They won’t budge and it’s a waste of your energy.

I’ve been on here a long time and I think you must be relatively new since I don’t recognize your name but then again I’m not on much anymore. This site and some members can sometimes project a “mean girl” or “holier than thou” vibe in posts but I always hope that is just in things not coming through correctly since people are typing and not speaking. If it is an actual “mean girl” thing happening I would have to laugh and ask “really?”. We are supposed to be adults, care providers and professionals. If people are always agreeing with you on an online forum and that makes you think you have any reason to puff out your chest you might want to find a hobby and real-life friends.

The negative feeling has become worse on this forum with the differing views on the virus, the election and our leaders role in the spread of the virus. I wish we could just stick to childcare, the virus and leave out the rest of the crap. I can see baseless opinions all day on my newsfeed and hate running into it here.
I think replying simply with “Wrong” set a negative tone, in the first place. People here seem to be open to hearing others’ views, but coming into the conversation in that manner puts people on the defensive.
VictoryCare 06:41 PM 11-11-2020
So, are you sayingthat the people here cant be told that someone thinks they are wrong ?
Rockgirl 04:02 AM 11-12-2020
So, are you sayingthat the people here cant be told that someone thinks they are wrong ?
Of course not. I suggested that coming in as a new (I think) poster and replying just the word “Wrong” may not have been the best way to get your point across. I was replying to the comment about some people here having a “mean girls” attitude.
Cat Herder 04:17 AM 11-12-2020
She is saying that as your very first post you chose to come in poorly and have set a tone that most likely will continue going forward.
Cat Herder 07:51 AM 11-12-2020
Ok, re-reading on my Adderall.

To clarify:

My "crazyfog" comment was not about Victory, it was about my current playground and state approval situation. I can see how a new member would not know that. I am in fear of losing my income if these repairs take too long with more storms and flooding are coming in. My livelihood is in limbo.
Rockgirl 08:21 AM 11-12-2020
Ok, re-reading on my Adderall.

To clarify:

My "crazyfog" comment was not about Victory, it was about my current playground and state approval situation. I can see how a new member would not know that. I am in fear of losing my income if these repairs take too long with more storms and flooding are coming in. My livelihood is in limbo.
I would be stressed to the max! Hope it’s all resolved quickly.
Cat Herder 09:57 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
I would be stressed to the max! Hope it’s all resolved quickly.
It always works out when I let it.

Thanks
CenterTeacher20 12:04 PM 11-13-2020
The burnout is REAL. In my state when a parent tests positive, we still have to wait for the kids result to come back before we can close. I'm worried with this one. This is one of the kids who is very close with all of the other kids. His mom works in healthcare (as do many of our clients, at the same hospital even) and was issued a rapid test yesterday even though she has no symptoms, because her 3 older kids who don't attend daycare have cold symptoms and one has a sore throat. Mom's test came back positive even though she is asymptomatic. They are basically assuming all of the kids have it. DCB who is 3 is the only kid in the whole family with no symptoms. Assuming he is asymptomatic as well. But we are not allowed to close the place down until we get his result back. The test was yesterday. I get tested weekly as a precaution (I am the infant room teacher and I currently have two immunocompromised INFANTS in my care, that is why I personally get tested weekly). My last weekly test was yesterday before we got the notification from his mom. So my result should come in the same day his does. This virus scares me. My state is in a constant surge right now. I'm terrified.
e.j. 03:52 PM 11-13-2020
The burnout is REAL. In my state when a parent tests positive, we still have to wait for the kids result to come back before we can close. I'm worried with this one. This is one of the kids who is very close with all of the other kids. His mom works in healthcare (as do many of our clients, at the same hospital even) and was issued a rapid test yesterday even though she has no symptoms, because her 3 older kids who don't attend daycare have cold symptoms and one has a sore throat. Mom's test came back positive even though she is asymptomatic. They are basically assuming all of the kids have it. DCB who is 3 is the only kid in the whole family with no symptoms. Assuming he is asymptomatic as well. But we are not allowed to close the place down until we get his result back. The test was yesterday. I get tested weekly as a precaution (I am the infant room teacher and I currently have two immunocompromised INFANTS in my care, that is why I personally get tested weekly). My last weekly test was yesterday before we got the notification from his mom. So my result should come in the same day his does. This virus scares me. My state is in a constant surge right now. I'm terrified.
I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope you can stay safe.
VictoryCare 04:21 PM 11-13-2020
Hopefully the VACCINE will come through soon
e.j. 10:06 PM 11-13-2020
Hopefully the VACCINE will come through soon
Yes; I hope an effective and safe vaccine will come through soon. Things are looking good in that respect but it'll still be some time before it's ready and can then be distributed and administered to the general population. While we're waiting for that to happen, I think we need to listen to the medical experts and wear masks properly (over our mouth and nose - not under our chin, below our nose or on our foreheads ), keep our physical distance from others, wash our hands often, get tested when appropriate and cooperate with contact tracers if/when they call us. In the meantime, we're facing a very difficult winter season because those things have not been done as they should have been. In my opinion, we've been our own worst enemy in this respect.
VictoryCare 02:46 AM 11-14-2020
Yes, we must follow all CDC guidelines, ar all times
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62  ... Last
Reply Up