Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>-17 so naturally baby doesn't need a coat!
laceylmm 06:47 AM 01-29-2014
Today she just had a thin sleeper and two blankets over top of her. No hat. This mom never dresses her child appropriately! I bought the child the jacket she does have and it comes with her maybe 15% of the time. Yesterday she had a Tshirt and just this small jacket I bought. No heat in the car. The oldest daughter just came in a fleece jacket type thing unzipped of course.

I know te mom doesn't have a lot of money but have some priorities. The kids don't need stupid stuffed Animals and chap stick from walmart all the time.
mountainside13 07:04 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by laceylmm:
Today she just had a thin sleeper and two blankets over top of her. No hat. This mom never dresses her child appropriately! I bought the child the jacket she does have and it comes with her maybe 15% of the time. Yesterday she had a Tshirt and just this small jacket I bought. No heat in the car. The oldest daughter just came in a fleece jacket type thing unzipped of course.

I know te mom doesn't have a lot of money but have some priorities. The kids don't need stupid stuffed Animals and chap stick from walmart all the time.
Oh wow! I would be livid!! That poor baby!!!
morgan24 07:09 AM 01-29-2014
I don't get it. I have two dcms that never put coats on the babies. One comes in with a blanket over her head and the other one has nothing on. It's been zero here with wind chills below zero. But each parent has coat, scarf and gloves on, money is not an issue for either!?
laceylmm 07:13 AM 01-29-2014
I mean I know big coats aren't safe on infants while in their car seat (this mom doesn't so that's not the case). But I don't understand why lots of layering isn't happening. She is just lazy I'm pretty sure. She never wears much more than a coat either.
Scout 07:19 AM 01-29-2014
They dont use those car seat covers that keep them warm without a coat? So wrong!
laceylmm 07:21 AM 01-29-2014
Nope! I I still had mine I'd give her that also!
hope 08:06 AM 01-29-2014
I work in a restaurant for my 2nd job. The other day a family came in during a snow storm. Two boys around 7 and 8 years old both had on tee shirts with no jacket, no hat or gloves. Daughter was about 10 years old and had on flip flops! In the snow!!!!!!!. I think the mother felt all of us looking at the children as they were waiting to be sat. The mother looks at her boys and asks "don't you boys ever wear a coat?". They are her responsibility! Tell your children to wear a coat and shoes.
I was floored that anyone would come out to a fine dining restaurant to begin with. We didn't expect many tables. But surely did not expect anyone in flip flops!
Leigh 08:12 AM 01-29-2014
Mom MAY have been advised not to use a coat. I have an infant foster child who must be buckled into the car seat with nothing but his clothes (no coat, snow suit, etc.) because of weak lungs (due to being a preemie). I just warm my car up until it is boiling hot (no coat for me in there!), then put the baby in with a light blanket tucked around him. He is completely covered for the trip to the car, but only lightly inside. I do remember when my own was born, the doctor told me only light jackets in the car, as well.
laceylmm 08:41 AM 01-29-2014
She isn't even sending the light jacket I bought her. In her case it's def not for safety reasons. Like with my own son he wears a light weight jacket in His car seat, and his hat until he throws it off. But I also carry his actual coat with us for when it's time to get out of the car. Or just to have in case the car broke down. This mom never has the straps properly adjusted on the seat either.

Like today she had on just the thin summer type sleeper. She definitely should have had a onesie underneath and some socks on.
laceylmm 08:44 AM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Mom MAY have been advised not to use a coat. I have an infant foster child who must be buckled into the car seat with nothing but his clothes (no coat, snow suit, etc.) because of weak lungs (due to being a preemie). I just warm my car up until it is boiling hot (no coat for me in there!), then put the baby in with a light blanket tucked around him. He is completely covered for the trip to the car, but only lightly inside. I do remember when my own was born, the doctor told me only light jackets in the car, as well.
If this were the case I would be totally understanding. I'd probably even offer to transport just because I know her heat doesn't work. This mom gets up literally 20 minutes before she has to be at work. And tries to get all three kids 'ready'. Which is why they normally aren't ready. Se doesn't have time to search for all their coats.
Reply Up