Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Art Journaling
Josiegirl 02:31 AM 03-05-2015
I'm already not looking forward to the summer(I so need to get out of this negative mindset ) with the difficult to engage school age kids. BUT I think I've found something to interest them(at least some of them). I searched on pinterest yesterday and found tons of cool samples of art journaling. So between now and then I'm going to collect materials and see what I can put together for them to create.

Does anyone have experience with this? Any suggestions as to what kinds of paints, papers, journals, etc., anything at all that would help keep these kids engaged for more than 5 minutes?? I'm thinking more of a quiet time activity to replace their electronic dependency, something they can work on independently.

Thanks so very much!!!
Unregistered 05:46 AM 03-05-2015
Wallpaper sample books.
Annalee 05:57 AM 03-05-2015
I keep every piece of scrap paper, sticker, egg carton, cardboard, tissue paper, etc....no matter how small, shape, color, big, etc. I put it in the art center and it is free for all to use as they may. I do not provide care for school agers but my preschoolers love the many materials and it does take up much of their time when they go to the art center. My son that is in 5th grade brought home an art folder yesterday with his artwork. It was mostly paint, markers, pencil, etc. I think the more choices for art, the better for open ended work and time-consuming as well which is a good thing.
Thriftylady 07:56 AM 03-05-2015
Where does one even get wallpaper books these days?
Annalee 08:23 AM 03-05-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Where does one even get wallpaper books these days?
I get some at the local home decor store.
Thriftylady 09:09 AM 03-05-2015
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I get some at the local home decor store.
Perhaps I need to check the bigger cities around here lol. We have home depot nearby and a lowe's but that's about it.
originalkat 02:19 PM 03-05-2015
Art Journals sound like a fun idea! I will need to look on Pinterest now for more ideas too!
Reply Up