Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Where Do You Nap?
momneedscoffee 01:47 PM 12-29-2015
I'm sure this has been discussed before. I do not have a lot of experience with daycares so I am always curious about almost everything. Where do your dc kids nap? Right now I have the 3 yr olds in the living room, (sometimes my son will go to his room bc he is a bad napper and will keep the other one up). The 19 m.o. in a separate room in a pack n play. My 10 m.o. will either sleep on the living room floor or her crib, but usually she refuses to nap too. I am starting a newborn soon and trying to figure out the best place for her to nap since she will *hopefully* sleep more than the others. Also, do you use your playroom (if you have ob5e)as a nap area as well?
childcaremom 02:20 PM 12-29-2015
I am legally unlicensed so not bound by licensing rules. My main nap area is the playroom on the lower level. This is reserved for my established nappers. Those that don't nap well are separated from the group (in pack n plays in bedrooms on main level). I always start a newbie in a separate area, guage how well they nap, and then move them to the main group as quickly as possible.

I have a tough group of nappers this go round but usually everyone naps well together in the same room.
Rockgirl 02:22 PM 12-29-2015
I use my playroom. It's large--there's plenty of room to space kids apart and have barriers to prevent them from playing with each other during nap. Soon I will have an infant starting, and she will nap in an extra bedroom, since her schedule will be different from the older kids.
Unregistered 02:47 PM 12-29-2015
My playroom is my living room and nap room
Blackcat31 03:13 PM 12-29-2015
My preschoolers nap in the main daycare room (living room). My toddlers nap in the infant/toddler room (one of the bedrooms) and my infant sleeps in a PNP right in the kitchen/dining room area. My state requires direct supervision for infants at ALL times as well as physically checking on them every 10-15 minutes.

In response to the title of your thread "where do you nap?"..... I nap standing up. Usually in small increments of stolen time throughout the day.
Charl 06:34 PM 12-29-2015
I have a group of very light sleepers, so they are spread out everywhere! One in my room, one in my daughter's room, two in my other daughter's room, and the newborn in the office off of our living room/daycare area.
Thriftylady 06:39 PM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

In response to the title of your thread "where do you nap?"..... I nap standing up. Usually in small increments of stolen time throughout the day.
I prefer in my bed. But sometimes the couch is empty so I grab a pillow.

But I use the playroom and living room.
midaycare 07:34 PM 12-29-2015
Playroom. Bad nappers are separated into bedrooms.
hope 05:15 AM 12-30-2015
Little ones in cribs in a spare bedroom. Older ones in the playroom. Infants in my dining room for first few months so I can have be close by as they sleep. If I have a troubled napper than they go in a bedroom. Some days I feel like I have kids sleeping everywhere but it works.l
Miss A 08:14 AM 12-30-2015
Any child over one sleeps in the play room on a nap mat with their favorite blanket. I also use a spare room right beside the play room to nap anyone under one in PNP's. I have also used the "baby room" to separate toddler nappers if one is having a particularly hard time laying down. These rooms are on my 2nd level. If I have a fussy infant while I have others sleeping, I will take them down to my main level. It is lots of steps to run up and down to check on them every 15 minutes, but then I get my exercise in
laundrymom 09:44 AM 12-30-2015
All mine nap in the playroom no matter the age.
momneedscoffee 10:04 AM 12-30-2015
Originally Posted by a.lenz.girl:
Any child over one sleeps in the play room on a nap mat with their favorite blanket. I also use a spare room right beside the play room to nap anyone under one in PNP's. I have also used the "baby room" to separate toddler nappers if one is having a particularly hard time laying down. These rooms are on my 2nd level. If I have a fussy infant while I have others sleeping, I will take them down to my main level. It is lots of steps to run up and down to check on them every 15 minutes, but then I get my exercise in
Do you have a hard time keeping the 1-2 yr olds on a mat? I have a 18 mo that I want to transition from a pack n play to a mat. She is a great napper in the pack n play tho so i don't want to ruin a good thing I just want to open up a pack n play for the new baby rather than buy another and take up more space.
Miss A 11:19 AM 12-30-2015
Originally Posted by momneedscoffee:
Do you have a hard time keeping the 1-2 yr olds on a mat? I have a 18 mo that I want to transition from a pack n play to a mat. She is a great napper in the pack n play tho so i don't want to ruin a good thing I just want to open up a pack n play for the new baby rather than buy another and take up more space.
Ad long as your transition child is on the same schedule as your older toddlers, it should be an easy transition. I usually start the transition by sitting next to the mat and rub their back until they fall asleep. Then, in about a week I can just sit by them without touching them. Then, in about another week I can be present in the room, but not right beside them and they know to be still. Mine usually transition quickly. As long as there is no toys or other distractions, they catch on quick.
Preschool/daycare teacher 11:39 AM 12-30-2015
I have all of mine nap in the play room, but I have a baby starting next week who I will be putting in our bedroom. The 2 & unders sleep in a pack n play and the 3 & up sleep on cots. I'd like to transition my current 2 yr old onto a cot though to save room in the play room since it's so small, but so far she's not even close to being ready
Baby Beluga 11:43 AM 12-30-2015
I have dedicated daycare room, all of the children sleep in there.
sharlan 12:38 PM 12-30-2015
Over 3 on nap mats in the playroom. I have a camera with night vision that I keep on at all times.

Under 3 sleep on the sofa in the family room where either myself, dh, or granddaughter sit at all times.

Infants - which I no longer take - sleep in the family room where they can be observed at all times.

Right now I have 3 2 yos and 1 3 yo who has never slept in the playroom. I will be moving the sleep mats to the family room next week.
Tags:sleep - area
Reply Up