Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Change in DCB
284878 07:37 PM 03-03-2021
DCB has changed, he recently has been really clingy on his mom and cries at drop-off. He will stop shortly after she leaves and goes to the bathroom, even if he does not go.

DCB comes here M and W, then goes to GMA house on T and TH and she takes him to preschool. GMA took him to preschool and he refused to stay. DCM said that he cried and GMA did not make him stay.

One of DCB comments was DCM do not leave me, he said this at pick-up as dcm arrived.

This has been going on for a couple of weeks. Nothing has changed here. However, he has been constipated (or at least sits on the toilet for a while to poop)

DCM has been late to work because of DCB sitting on the toilet for long periods of time in the morning.

He seems to be getting better here but worse with GMA about going to preschool.

Any ideas on what to look for? What could be causing this behavior?
Cat Herder 03:46 AM 03-04-2021
GMA seems to be the constant.

Maybe a little too much attention given to a normal behavior.

"he cried and GMA did not make him stay."

GMA just taught him how to control her.

He figures it is worth a try with you and DCM, now.
284878 06:59 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
GMA seems to be the constant.

Maybe a little too much attention given to a normal behavior.

"he cried and GMA did not make him stay."

GMA just taught him how to control her.

He figures it is worth a try with you and DCM, now.

He started the crying here first then with gma from what I understood from dcm.
Cat Herder 09:52 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by 284878:
He started the crying here first then with gma from what I understood from dcm.
I have two kids who only poop their pants here from what I understand from their moms. The stained underwear, pants and shirt tails tell me otherwise.

Parents are pretty quick to blame most new phases and behaviors on daycare. Don't take it to heart.
284878 10:21 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I have two kids who only poop their pants here from what I understand from their moms. The stained underwear, pants and shirt tails tell me otherwise.

Parents are pretty quick to blame most new phases and behaviors on daycare. Don't take it to heart.
Oh sorry if that is what it sounded like, Dcm is not blaming me at all. I was just trying to see if we were missing something that was causing his crying. (He has an ear piercing cry, so I really really hate it when he cries, even for a second)

I got a message from Dcm a bit ago and dcb went to preschool today. So maybe what ever was bothering him is no longer bothering him.
Ariana 01:22 PM 03-07-2021
How long has he been going to preschool? I typically look for what is NEW to see why the new behaviour. Maybe he is feeling overwhelmed at preschool? Maybe there is a jerk at preschool? Maybe the teachers are not nice at preschool? I would look into that.
284878 10:26 AM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by Ariana:
How long has he been going to preschool? I typically look for what is NEW to see why the new behaviour. Maybe he is feeling overwhelmed at preschool? Maybe there is a jerk at preschool? Maybe the teachers are not nice at preschool? I would look into that.
DCM says he only did it once at school.

She says this morning, DCB says he is not scared to come to dc anymore. She asked if anything changed here. I did not tell her but I just termed a new dcb and last week was the first week without new dcb. This dcb did not ask all week about the new dcb.

There was a list of reasons why I termed new dcb, one was because he did not get along with ds. On his last day here, he came in swinging, literally. He started hitting/pushing ds from the moment dcm left.

Last week without him was so different.

Anyways should I tell dcm that the change is that the new dcb is no longer here?? I do not normally discuss when a child leaves with the other parents.
Tags:3 year old, attention seeking behavior, crying, preschoolers
Reply Up