Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Carpet Smelling Dad...
MissAnn 11:17 AM 10-31-2012
Has there been an update????

So curious!

A few weeks ago I had a bad smell in my house. I smelled all around trying to figure it out. I am used to my house, so I really couldn't smell it....but parents would have that look on their face and one mom kept asking if I left the gas on the stove. I even bought a natural gas detector. I asked one mom if she could smell it.....(embarrassing) and she thought it was my air conditioner. So...I researched and there is something called dirty sock syndrome....because it smells like dirty socks....but it's really mold from the air conditioner. My husband took apart the air conditioner and sprayed stuff on it and who know what all...but it got rid of the smell.....or parents don't make that face any more!

I'd sure like to hear more about what happened with carpet sniffer? Sounds almost like one of the prank shows!
Michael 12:21 PM 10-31-2012
I'm trying to find the original thread. Was this it? It was from seashell. I will email her: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...light=sniffing
MissAnn 04:58 PM 10-31-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
I'm trying to find the original thread. Was this it? It was from seashell. I will email her: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...light=sniffing
Yes this is it! And thank you!
daycare 05:14 PM 10-31-2012
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
Has there been an update????

So curious!

A few weeks ago I had a bad smell in my house. I smelled all around trying to figure it out. I am used to my house, so I really couldn't smell it....but parents would have that look on their face and one mom kept asking if I left the gas on the stove. I even bought a natural gas detector. I asked one mom if she could smell it.....(embarrassing) and she thought it was my air conditioner. So...I researched and there is something called dirty sock syndrome....because it smells like dirty socks....but it's really mold from the air conditioner. My husband took apart the air conditioner and sprayed stuff on it and who know what all...but it got rid of the smell.....or parents don't make that face any more!

I'd sure like to hear more about what happened with carpet sniffer? Sounds almost like one of the prank shows!
OMG that happened when I turned on the heater in my car for the first time in I don't know how long. I started yelling at my 17 year old...dude your killing meme put you shoes back on.....he said look they are on.....the smell was so bad we had to drive with the windows down and freeze.....
countrymom 06:12 PM 10-31-2012
thanks for the info. dh was complaining that there was an odd smell in his van. now he's going to go see if its the fan or blower this weekend.
Childminder 06:40 PM 10-31-2012
LOL This thread reminds me of a time I took my mother into ER and we were waiting in a crowded hallway with her slumped in a wheel chair. It was a full moon and every crazy person and drunk was there too. We kept smelling this horrible smell that was making us gag, I literally pulled up my shirt to breathe into it and gave my mother a tissue to cover her nose. When people walked by us they would wrinkle their nose or comment on the smell.

My mother had been very ill, she was in fact dying and we had been having home aides coming in to give her baths every few days. It had been 3-4 days since she had been bathed and she was so embarrassed thinking it was herself that smelled so terrible. Finally I spoke to an admissions clerk that was across the hall from us and we were overheard by a police officer that was in the vicinity. He walked over by us, looked in a small consultation room and shut the door. There was a drunk in the room sleeping it off and he had taken his boots off.
Tags:odor, parents - disrespect
Reply Up