Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Free Websites
mac60 04:03 AM 07-15-2011
Looking for links to quality free websites. I want to set up a small website for my dc.
SilverSabre25 07:56 AM 07-15-2011
Weebly

My website is done through Weebly. It's awesome, if I do say so myself :P Weebly is very user friendly and easy to figure out, and has a lot of really nice features for being free. You can choose to upgrade to your own domain and Weebly Pro (both of which cost $$ but aren't too expensive) and get nifty stuff like password protection (so you can only let your dc parents into certain parts of the site, etc).
wdmmom 08:52 AM 07-15-2011
I have 2 websites...one through Webs & one through Weebly. The one on Weebly was much easier to make.
Kaddidle Care 09:01 AM 07-15-2011
I also vote for Weebly. It's awesome! You can even see how much activity your website is getting.

I find it interesting that every time I add something the counts go up. The parents know I play around with it on the weekends so they peek in to see what's new.

It's very user friendly. Have fun!
MarinaVanessa 01:57 PM 07-15-2011
I use webs.com. I like how it's easy to create. I'll check weeblyout too though and see how I like that. My pagename is WAY too long lol
Michael 02:04 PM 07-15-2011
I think www.wix.com is free too but www.weebly.com looks like it is best suited.

Here are some more Weebly threads: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=weebly
DBug 04:47 AM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I use webs.com. I like how it's easy to create. I'll check weeblyout too though and see how I like that. My pagename is WAY too long lol
Do you mean your website address is too long? If it is, take a look at www.dot.tk to get a free domain name. I've used them for several different websites now, and it's simple and very easy to set up. Your domain name will end in .tk (not .com or .org), but still, it's so much easier for people to remember your site name that way. So you could have www.yourdaycare.tk -- mine is www.doodlebugs.tk.

I've just recently bought a .ca domain name for my daycare, but can't easily link it to my actual site ... so I'm keeping the .tk one for now -- it's easier for non-techies like me
Tags:websites, weebly
Reply Up