Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sick...
NoMoreJuice! 02:58 PM 03-05-2014
I've been sick with bronchitis/flu symptoms and closed for the last two days. I'm on that weird bubble now where I'm feeling a little better but I'm not sure if I should watch kids tomorrow. I don't have a fever any longer, but I'm still hacking and wheezing and have no energy. I'm sure in a few minutes when all the moms get off work, my phone is going to blow up. What do I say? I REALLY want to take another day off and rest, but I feel like I could work if I had to.

Would you suck it up and watch kids, or just take another day for yourself?

Gah, I feel so guilty.
bloominggenius 08:39 PM 03-05-2014
I worked sick for four days last week, while trying to recover from a flu a dcg gave my entire family.
Take the extra day. It took me twice as long to get better because I could not rest.
Learn from my mistakes.
Scout 04:17 AM 03-06-2014
I worked through bronchitis in Oct. I rarely get sick and I think becaise I dodnt let myself rest I prolonged it into(within 2 mos), a head cold, regular flu, and a stomach bug two days before Christmas!! Rest up! I was starting to feel like I would be sick every week with a new ailment!
daycarediva 06:10 AM 03-06-2014
Take the day.

I had bronchitis and closed for two days. In retrospect, I should have closed for the remainder of the week. It ended up dragging and I was not feeling well for over a month.

I hope you feel better asap!
spud912 06:24 AM 03-06-2014
I worked through bronchitis and awful morning sickness at the same time, but I'm already taking a bunch of time off later this year for the birth of my baby so I was hesitant to call off. I think you should do whatever you feel comfortable with and that you think would be best. I hope you feel better!
Reply Up