Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>daycare children will not be fed this AM
sharlan 07:58 AM 05-28-2014
I am not making breakfast until my dh gets back from his morning McD run. I found 1/2 of a dead lizard in front of the fridge and the other 1/2 in the walk in closet.

I will deal with just about anything, just not lizards.
Play Care 08:09 AM 05-28-2014
EWWWWWW! Is that a frequent occurrence? And why is it in pieces?!
childcaremom 08:09 AM 05-28-2014
1/2?!? Bits and pieces of lizard?

sharlan 08:18 AM 05-28-2014
My 18 yo cat loves to catch lizards and bring them into the house. Somebody left the back door open last night. She must have brought it in then.
KiddieCahoots 08:35 AM 05-28-2014
Ohhhhh......your kitty loves you!
bringing you lizard gifts
Unregistered 08:37 AM 05-28-2014
Your safe..it's dead. Get a bunch of paper towels and scoop them up. Or get one of the kids to do it. There is your science lesson for the day.
Kimskiddos 08:42 AM 05-28-2014
Yep, that's kitty love.

We have a dog/cat door so critters in the house are pretty frequent at our place. We have a great mouser, birder, lizard and snake hunter....sigh. At least 3/4 of them are already dead.
Chellieleanne 08:49 AM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Your safe..it's dead. Get a bunch of paper towels and scoop them up. Or get one of the kids to do it. There is your science lesson for the day.
I second this idea. What I do with bugs in my house. Except spiders. Burn the house down if I find one!!
sharlan 08:53 AM 05-28-2014
I can handle the dead birds she brings me, but I cannot handle picking up dead lizard parts.

Niece took care of it for me and the children have been fed.
BumbleBee 09:06 AM 05-28-2014
Bleh-my sister's cats do that to.
Oss_cc 09:28 AM 05-28-2014
Gross! The kids found a dead mouse in our backyard yesterday. Kitty placed it on a toy right in front of the slide.
Thanks, cat.
daycarediva 09:44 AM 05-28-2014
My cats leave them by the back door. Nothing grosses me out, thankfully. We had to stop one kitty who likes to bring LIVE BIRDS in the house. Being woken up at 4am to a crow flying around your bedroom is not so fun actually. We installed a locking kitty door. We lock it overnight and during DC hours.
Laurel 09:47 AM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I am not making breakfast until my dh gets back from his morning McD run. I found 1/2 of a dead lizard in front of the fridge and the other 1/2 in the walk in closet.

I will deal with just about anything, just not lizards.
How big it is? We have so many here in Florida that we are just used to them. They get in the house sometimes and I just let them go as ours are impossible to catch. They are super fast. I'll usually find them later and just announce that I've found a 'crispy critter'. They are maybe about 4 inches long at most and we name them all Lizzy Lizard.

When we are out for a walk about 4 or so baby lizards will routinely run across the sidewalk in front of us. Kind of cute following their mama. We can have some rather large ones like 12" ones but I've only seen 2 of those around my house/yard in 18 years. Now those won't hurt ya but I can sympathize. Once one of those was 'parked' on our front door. They just kinda stick there and sit on the door or outside wall. I called all the dcp's and told them they could use another entrance. Eventually it went away. It was on the outside.

Laurel
KiddieCahoots 09:56 AM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
My cats leave them by the back door. Nothing grosses me out, thankfully. We had to stop one kitty who likes to bring LIVE BIRDS in the house. Being woken up at 4am to a crow flying around your bedroom is not so fun actually. We installed a locking kitty door. We lock it overnight and during DC hours.
Oh, how our pets show us the love!
My dogs like to eat poop, then come in and try to give me kisses. Other than thinking...gross! Lol! I think.....oh, how my poopy puppies love me!
sharlan 10:03 AM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by Laurel:
How big it is? We have so many here in Florida that we are just used to them. They get in the house sometimes and I just let them go as ours are impossible to catch. They are super fast. I'll usually find them later and just announce that I've found a 'crispy critter'. They are maybe about 4 inches long at most and we name them all Lizzy Lizard.

When we are out for a walk about 4 or so baby lizards will routinely run across the sidewalk in front of us. Kind of cute following their mama. We can have some rather large ones like 12" ones but I've only seen 2 of those around my house/yard in 18 years. Now those won't hurt ya but I can sympathize. Once one of those was 'parked' on our front door. They just kinda stick there and sit on the door or outside wall. I called all the dcp's and told them they could use another entrance. Eventually it went away. It was on the outside.

Laurel
This one was tiny, only about 4 or 5 inches, I think. We have a lot of lizards on our back wall during the summer. They're maybe about 9 inches and fast. I don't know how she catches them. I can sit and watch them from a far forever. I just can't handle them near me.

Like I said, I can handle just about anything (mice, rats, spiders, ants, etc). There's just something about lizards and grasshoppers that I can't handle.
My3cents 10:25 AM 05-28-2014
This one was tiny, only about 4 or 5 inches, I think. We have a lot of lizards on our back wall during the summer. They're maybe about 9 inches and fast. I don't know how she catches them. I can sit and watch them from a far forever. I just can't handle them near me.

Like I said, I can handle just about anything (mice, rats, spiders, ants, etc). There's just something about lizards and grasshoppers that I can't handle.
Those wouldn't bother me but Spiders freak me out!

Snakes.........eghhhh not too crazy about either.

Mice don't bother me, lizards wouldn't either- the big ones would freak me out a bit but they seem like they would keep the distance, they remind me of dinosaurs.
Cradle2crayons 10:30 AM 05-28-2014
I guess I've gotten used to most things and lizards are the least of my worries...

Every morning I get up and find either a dead wild mouse/rat or mole laying next to the cat food bowl... Husband says they prefer more variety lol.

Sometimes it's birds... Usually moles... Rats... Mice.... Voles....
Luna 10:38 AM 05-28-2014
We don't see many wild lizards here in Ontario, but I think it would creep me out. Spiders are my problem. I have to hold my breath and scoop him up in tissues and flush it.
Our rotten cat brought us a live baby bird the other day. Sheeeeeeesh. We had no idea where it belonged
BumbleBee 10:43 AM 05-28-2014
Had a cat who would bring in live chipmunks. Looked dead till he put them down by our feet and they ran off through the house.
sharlan 11:08 AM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I guess I've gotten used to most things and lizards are the least of my worries...

Every morning I get up and find either a dead wild mouse/rat or mole laying next to the cat food bowl... Husband says they prefer more variety lol.

Sometimes it's birds... Usually moles... Rats... Mice.... Voles....
That's my dd. She has no idea what her cat is going to bring in. Usually it's mice, rats, moths, or birds. Not too long ago, she found a baby possum in her living room.
kathiemarie 11:42 AM 05-28-2014
Many of the lizard that live around my house do not have tails. (cat likes to catch but not kill them) When a DC kid sees a tailless lizard they say "oh Charlie (the cat) must of been playing with him!" lol
Cradle2crayons 11:43 AM 05-28-2014
That's my dd. She has no idea what her cat is going to bring in. Usually it's mice, rats, moths, or birds. Not too long ago, she found a baby possum in her living room.
We have a few resident possums but the cats leave them alone. We have wild rabbits too etc because they all come up to eat the deer food and sweet feed we out out for our pet deer. Occasionally we get coons too. But he cats prefer smaller game. Tux our no tail cat is the main catcher. He kills them and brings them in. None of the animals eat any of the caught food though.

We leave our dog door open at night so that's why we get so many surprises lol.

This morning at 4:00 am my daughters dog went out to potty and trapped a grown possum under the house. Then out went husbands dog to help. I finally called them off of the possum and back into the house and locked the dog door lol.
wonderfullisa 11:49 AM 05-28-2014
My beautiful (declawed) Kelsey-kitty brought to me in my bedroom a live rabbit. Thanks, Kels.
Sugar Magnolia 12:01 PM 05-28-2014

Laurel called it! Dozens and dozens of them,.everywhere you go. I will let a live lizard run around the house if they get in, they eat ants. They are totally harmless and don't bother anyone. They do work their way out eventually.
Reply Up