Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Grrrrr, but nothing new
Conoad 06:47 PM 04-20-2015
DCM tells me on Friday that her child won't be here on Tuesday. Great - I make myself a dentist appt. She tells me today at pick up that her plans changed and she needs me. Oops, sorry, I can take her but not until after my appt. She gets annoyed and asks if she has to pay for the day now that she needs to find back up care. Ummm, yes. Another unsatisfied customer today. 😀
CraftyMom 07:21 PM 04-20-2015
Oh well, she'll live Not your fault her plans changed. And you are not completely unavailable, you are willing to take her...after your appointment, that you made because dcg wouldn't be there.
Thriftylady 04:46 AM 04-21-2015
It's like they think we never need to leave the house. We aren't hermits lol.
Gemma 05:05 AM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
Oh well, she'll live Not your fault her plans changed. And you are not completely unavailable, you are willing to take her...after your appointment, that you made because dcg wouldn't be there.
I agree
NightOwl 09:07 AM 04-21-2015
IDK... If she reserved this particular day and is locked into paying for it, I feel like she should have access to it. Even though her schedule changed afterwards. Are you taking half of a personal day/vacation day? That's what I would do so I could keep my appointment and still get paid.

If not, I kind of feel like she's getting the short end of the stick here. She reserved the day, paid for the day, but can't use part of the day, Kwim?

If it was me, I would either credit her money or change my dentist apt so that the parents had plenty of notice of the date.
rosieteddy 10:06 AM 04-21-2015
If she was the only child attending I would not change my appointment.She cancelled care on Friday for this week.I personally would not refund the day.She cancelled care.If I had other children attending then I might offer her half day but no refund.
AmyKidsCo 10:50 AM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
It's like they think we never need to leave the house. We aren't hermits lol.
Wait - we can leave the house???
Thriftylady 11:33 AM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Wait - we can leave the house???
Well now all your parents are gonna be mad because I spilled the beans.
Controlled Chaos 12:11 PM 04-21-2015
I see where you are coming, from but I know I wouldn't deny care and charge on a normally contracted day. If they are contracted for a day and are paying for it, it is theirs to use. The last minute cancellation would annoy me, but I probably would have cancelled my apt. I would have made it for after hours, or when dh or someone else could sub. That's just me.
NightOwl 01:38 PM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
I see where you are coming, from but I know I wouldn't deny care and charge on a normally contracted day. If they are contracted for a day and are paying for it, it is theirs to use. The last minute cancellation would annoy me, but I probably would have cancelled my apt. I would have made it for after hours, or when dh or someone else could sub. That's just me.
Agreed. I feel like, once a parent has paid for that day, it's not my time anymore, it's theirs. Even if they cancel and then want to use it again.
Luna 08:09 AM 04-22-2015
I disagree. Once they cancel, it isn't theirs anymore. They changed the scheduled arrangement, not you. If you change your plans and let them have the day now, that says you're ok with them changing the schedule willy-nilly so there really is no schedule, kwim?
Thriftylady 08:20 AM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by Luna:
I disagree. Once they cancel, it isn't theirs anymore. They changed the scheduled arrangement, not you. If you change your plans and let them have the day now, that says you're ok with them changing the schedule willy-nilly so there really is no schedule, kwim?
I agree with this. When someone cancels, I see that as final. If I hadn't scheduled and appointment, I may say okay but they need to realize they changed the schedule not you.
NightOwl 08:27 AM 04-22-2015
I can definitely see both sides. She paid for it, she should have access to it. But she cancelled, so does that forfeit her right to the time she's paid for? IDK. I guess it depends on the op's specific policies.

What's funny is that op wasn't asking for our opinion. She was venting. But it turned into a debate. It happens.
Reply Up